The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I must admire the suggestion of our learned members but may I add that if grammar and structure would become the sole criteria of postings then thee would be hardly 10 members who would remain here participating in forums. Almost half of them would be moderators and rest visiting at their convenience. I agree we need a good sentence but if the emphasis is on queens English I am afraid moderators either would be spending whole time editing those posts or find no posts to edit.
I have been participating in different international forums for long and members objecting to language or grammar to members from non English speaking countries are asked to refrain from being harsh.
Thanks.

We should only avoid very glaring mistakes. If you give very minute attention to grammar, you can not write fluently. Members and moderators should only avoid such big mistakes. There should be of course no intentional mistakes but small mistakes do not matter so much. These would also not be very visible.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: suni51, Arun Jain
If someone is not confident in grammar, you can post that reply in Ms-word and correct mistakes. Later, post it in forum. By this way, gradually you can learn also. .....especially simple mistakes

Meera sandhu
Ms word completely won't check the grammar mistakes, it just check few and silly mistakes.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

If someone is not confident in grammar, you can post that reply in Ms-word and correct mistakes. Later, post it in forum. By this way, gradually you can learn also. .....especially simple mistakes

This way, many members will not be able to participate well. Let all be careful in writing correct English. But there is no need to feel shy of writing posts if you have good content. If some one reads others' posts and writes also, grammar will improve in course of time. Apart from correctness of grammar, it is also necessary to write quickly. Nobody can wait for expertise in grammar before he writes.

In this connection, i may state my own experience. While in class VI, I had very little knowledge of English. I studied in Hindi school up to Vth.. But was enrolled in Convent school that started English teaching from nursery class. I just began speaking and writing English not caring about grammar. But after just a few months, I spoke and wrote better than others in class.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

By the way the correct process would be to write on MS Word first then transfer it to notepad and then of course copy paste it to thread otherwise it would look like a copy paste. The color of such posts is always slightly different which are copy pasted from MS word directly.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

By the way the correct process would be to write on MS Word first then transfer it to notepad and then of course copy paste it to thread otherwise it would look like a copy paste. The color of such posts is always slightly different which are copy pasted from MS word directly.

When I joined the site, I was not confident enough to write posts, as I have closed my English books before 15 years. So, a starting trouble.
So, while I write in forum, if I feel doubt with any sentence, I used to copy to Ms-word and check its grammar. i.e. Actual process is copying from forum to MS-Word. But after 1-2 months, I became confident enough to post directly in forum. Yet, till now, I can't assure myself that my posts are 100% error free. Yet am sure, I have improved a lot :) :)

Meera sandhu

When I joined the site, I was not confident enough to write posts, as I have closed my English books before 15 years. So, a starting trouble.
So, while I write in forum, if I feel doubt with any sentence, I used to copy to Ms-word and check its grammar. i.e. Actual process is copying from forum to MS-Word. But after 1-2 months, I became confident enough to post directly in forum. Yet, till now, I can't assure myself that my posts are 100% error free. Yet am sure, I have improved a lot :) :)

Never mind, this is not for you but members like us who make so many mistakes and in turn get frequent warnings from moderators and editors. Yes of course I make too many mistakes too often and I am seriously planning to quit posting in forums. I shall continue in articles because there editors have the choice to reject my articles.

Never mind, this is not for you but members like us who make so many mistakes and in turn get frequent warnings from moderators and editors. Yes of course I make too many mistakes too often and I am seriously planning to quit posting in forums. I shall continue in articles because there editors have the choice to reject my articles.

So, you are planning to leave forums because no one is pointing your mistakes :evil: :evil: :evil:
Then don't worry....I will take care of it now onwards. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
But after some days, don't leave forum saying, Sandhya is after my mistakes every time like a ghost :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu

So, you are planning to leave forums because no one is pointing your mistakes :evil: :evil: :evil:
Then don't worry....I will take care of it now onwards. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
But after some days, don't leave forum saying, Sandhya is after my mistakes every time like a ghost :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

There is a mistake in your first line itself -- no one is pointing your mistakes
This should be no one is pointing at your mistakes.
I shall leave other mistakes in your post to edit for yourself..

But after some days, don't leave forum saying, Sandhya is after my mistakes every time like a ghost :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

There is a mistake in your first line itself -- no one is pointing your mistakes
This should be no one is pointing at your mistakes.
I shall leave other mistakes in your post to edit for yourself..

Is that 'at' necessary? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :angry: :angry:

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.