The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
If someone is not confident in grammar, you can post that reply in Ms-word and correct mistakes. Later, post it in forum. By this way, gradually you can learn also. .....especially simple mistakes

By the way the correct process would be to write on MS Word first then transfer it to notepad and then of course copy paste it to thread otherwise it would look like a copy paste. The color of such posts is always slightly different which are copy pasted from MS word directly.

When I joined the site, I was not confident enough to write posts, as I have closed my English books before 15 years. So, a starting trouble.
So, while I write in forum, if I feel doubt with any sentence, I used to copy to Ms-word and check its grammar. i.e. Actual process is copying from forum to MS-Word. But after 1-2 months, I became confident enough to post directly in forum. Yet, till now, I can't assure myself that my posts are 100% error free. Yet am sure, I have improved a lot :) :)

Never mind, this is not for you but members like us who make so many mistakes and in turn get frequent warnings from moderators and editors. Yes of course I make too many mistakes too often and I am seriously planning to quit posting in forums. I shall continue in articles because there editors have the choice to reject my articles.

You are quitting because of your mistakes!!! :blink: :angry: And to think I am wasting my time pointing out your mistakes and asking you to correct them!!! :angry: :unsure:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

If someone is not confident in grammar, you can post that reply in Ms-word and correct mistakes. Later, post it in forum. By this way, gradually you can learn also. .....especially simple mistakes

By the way the correct process would be to write on MS Word first then transfer it to notepad and then of course copy paste it to thread otherwise it would look like a copy paste. The color of such posts is always slightly different which are copy pasted from MS word directly.

When I joined the site, I was not confident enough to write posts, as I have closed my English books before 15 years. So, a starting trouble.
So, while I write in forum, if I feel doubt with any sentence, I used to copy to Ms-word and check its grammar. i.e. Actual process is copying from forum to MS-Word. But after 1-2 months, I became confident enough to post directly in forum. Yet, till now, I can't assure myself that my posts are 100% error free. Yet am sure, I have improved a lot :) :)

Never mind, this is not for you but members like us who make so many mistakes and in turn get frequent warnings from moderators and editors. Yes of course I make too many mistakes too often and I am seriously planning to quit posting in forums. I shall continue in articles because there editors have the choice to reject my articles.

So, you are planning to leave forums because no one is pointing your mistakes :evil: :evil: :evil:
Then don't worry....I will take care of it now onwards. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
But after some days, don't leave forum saying, Sandhya is after my mistakes every time like a ghost :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

There is a mistake in your first line itself -- no one is pointing your mistakes
This should be no one is pointing at your mistakes.
I shall leave other mistakes in your post to edit for yourself..

Is that 'at' necessary? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :angry: :angry:

That is the problem while you edit these at MS Word, it generally corrects your spellings that too if you are not careful enough it may show a positive result even if you wrote chilly in place of silly. :laugh:

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Yet, where is my answer?
Am very bad in usage of propositions!!!

Meera sandhu

You are quitting because of your mistakes!!! :blink: :angry: And to think I am wasting my time pointing out your mistakes and asking you to correct them!!! :angry: :unsure:

So you know who is responsible and admit your guilt? :laugh:
No I love it while some one corrects my mistakes for me, but don't ask me to edit them myself, do it for me. :laugh: :laugh:

I must admire the suggestion of our learned members but may I add that if grammar and structure would become the sole criteria of postings then thee would be hardly 10 members who would remain here participating in forums. Almost half of them would be moderators and rest visiting at their convenience. I agree we need a good sentence but if the emphasis is on queens English I am afraid moderators either would be spending whole time editing those posts or find no posts to edit.
I have been participating in different international forums for long and members objecting to language or grammar to members from non English speaking countries are asked to refrain from being harsh.
Thanks.

Suni, I think you are taking this much too seriously. See we all learn something new everyday and originally the point of writing in fluent English, applied more to articles than forum posts. Though it would be in betterment of the site, if members take some time out to post in understandable English. The reason is at any point of time, there are more guests on this site, then there are members. And writing in bad english does not makes you look credible.

But yea, one thing I would like to say is that don't get caught in minute details. As long as you are putting across your point in a clear and logical manner, don't care much. Personally, I hardly pay attention to punctuation when it comes to forum post, this is not a money making activity, so I don't bother wasting my time but I make sure that my point is well laid out and understood.

And suni, this is a forum, filled with intelligent and helpful members, treat it as your playground to learn something new. No moderator is going to ban you for posting in bad grammar and English unless you are doing it deliberately. And your willingness to learn will defintely improve you and you would feel confident enough to post in any international forum you would like to participate.

Also, here no one is judgmental how you post, but yea, your willingness to learn is what will separate you from the rest of the crowd who have given up on their self and think that they can never learn it.

And take it from me, there is nothing in life that you can't learn and master.

I would not prefer wasting time on this atleast for forum posts. For forum posts, I think you should learn as you go.

But yea, for articles, run it through word to avoid spelling and common usage mistakes.
I must admire the suggestion of our learned members but may I add that if grammar and structure would become the sole criteria of postings then thee would be hardly 10 members who would remain here participating in forums. Almost half of them would be moderators and rest visiting at their convenience. I agree we need a good sentence but if the emphasis is on queens English I am afraid moderators either would be spending whole time editing those posts or find no posts to edit.
I have been participating in different international forums for long and members objecting to language or grammar to members from non English speaking countries are asked to refrain from being harsh.
Thanks.

Suni, I think you are taking this much too seriously. See we all learn something new everyday and originally the point of writing in fluent English, applied more to articles than forum posts. Though it would be in betterment of the site, if members take some time out to post in understandable English. The reason is at any point of time, there are more guests on this site, then there are members. And writing in bad english does not makes you look credible.

But yea, one thing I would like to say is that don't get caught in minute details. As long as you are putting across your point in a clear and logical manner, don't care much. Personally, I hardly pay attention to punctuation when it comes to forum post, this is not a money making activity, so I don't bother wasting my time but I make sure that my point is well laid out and understood.

And suni, this is a forum, filled with intelligent and helpful members, treat it as your playground to learn something new. No moderator is going to ban you for posting in bad grammar and English unless you are doing it deliberately. And your willingness to learn will defintely improve you and you would feel confident enough to post in any international forum you would like to participate.

Also, here no one is judgmental how you post, but yea, your willingness to learn is what will separate you from the rest of the crowd who have given up on their self and think that they can never learn it.

Let me answer your long post in a single line, I have no objection if the need of the site is Victorian English. I am quite capable of writing in Queens English and do so when the situation demands so. Thanks for your nice suggestions. Cheers.

I would not prefer wasting time on this atleast for forum posts. For forum posts, I think you should learn as you go.

But yea, for articles, run it through word to avoid spelling and common usage mistakes.

Yet, I want my forum posts also error free :cheer: :cheer:

Articles, I want it 100% perfect without any grammar mistakes. Forum posts also..... :unsure: :unsure: After all am a greedy person :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu

So you know who is responsible and admit your guilt? :laugh:
No I love it while some one corrects my mistakes for me, but don't ask me to edit them myself, do it for me. :laugh: :laugh:

So that's it, huh??? Because I only point out and don't correct it myself?? Then when will you learn?? :blink: :angry: :angry: :laugh:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Arun Jain
Thanks.

Let me answer your long post in a single line, I have no objection if the need of the site is Victorian English. I am quite capable of writing in Queens English and do so when the situation demands so. Thanks for your nice suggestions. Cheers.

I am glad to hear that you have no objection, but then I don't understand what the fuss was all about. You even mentioned quitting the forum. Also, if someone points out your mistake it is upto you to correct it, no one will spoon feed you. And believe me, correcting your mistakes makes you never do that mistake again and also makes you a wise person.

P.S. I am known here to write long forum posts. I hardly participate but when I do I make sure I post quality and put my point across well.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.