The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Talking of editors, I have a query. Do the editors have the right to make necessary changes in the articles submitted or not? The thing is while reading articles, on few occasions I have come across some mistakes in the articles because of which I didn't enjoy reading that particular article. For example, once I read a short story in which one whole paragraph was repeated twice. And in another article, two paragraphs were interchanged which really made reading difficult, etc Couldn't the editors make change in such conditions?

Even a few of my articles I have seen small mistakes after it's published...even for an article which got 100 rs cash credits. :whistle: :whistle:
I think editing an article can change the whole format, even if done by an editor. I think so

Meera sandhu
Talking of editors, I have a query. Do the editors have the right to make necessary changes in the articles submitted or not? The thing is while reading articles, on few occasions I have come across some mistakes in the articles because of which I didn't enjoy reading that particular article. For example, once I read a short story in which one whole paragraph was repeated twice. And in another article, two paragraphs were interchanged which really made reading difficult, etc Couldn't the editors make change in such conditions?

To the best of my knowledge, an editor may correct grammatical mistakes and change facts that are obviously wrong. But he cannot make substantial change so as to convey something different from what the author intended. .

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Maverick
Editors are allowed to change the content though for small extent such as formatting, correction of grammatical errors and the most syntactical errors. But they are not allowed to change or remove paragraphs themselves, it is the author's duty to do so.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

@administrator
Sir, I have given a suggestion. Hoping you have noted it :) :)

Meera sandhu
Arun put forward a suggestion of a super moderator. As admin can't look into every serious issue here, a super moderator is also a nice suggestion, if it's implemented nicely. :) :) . Now 5 moderators are selected. Am sure Gulshanji will be one among them. :) :) :) Already he is a moderator here, who is spending a lot of hours here daily. That's why am putting forward this suggestion. As Gulshanji is the most senior member here, he can do that job nicely. Every member, including administrator is respecting him. Isn't it? His contribution in forum ...no doubt...very valuable. He has an excellent command over the language also. So, if any dispute in forum occur, any member or moderator can approach him for his opinion and it's sure, he can do it the best. Also, everyone here will respect his decisions.

It's just my personal opinion only. :) :) :)
As I said earlier, it is not yet decided how many people will be selected and such hierarchy will only be created if it is certainly required. Yes, I do respect Gulshanji personally, and I believe most people are already approaching him when in need.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
@administrator
Sir, I have given a suggestion. Hoping you have noted it :) :)
Please see my reply to Arun's post.

Now 2009 Guests online. It is really amazing. :cheer: :). Boddunan is growing in a very high speed. :cheer:

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
Now 2009 Guests online. It is really amazing. :cheer: :). Boddunan is growing in a very high speed. :cheer:

This is a matter of pride. This also brings more responsibility to the entire team- administration, moderators, editors, members- to perform better and try to excel. Let the visitors be happy and satisfied with contents in articles and forums.

The editors and moderators should be required to devote more time to edit contents for grammatical correctness and presentation and spams.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Mary

This is a matter of pride. This also brings more responsibility to the entire team- administration, moderators, editors, members- to perform better and try to excel. Let the visitors be happy and satisfied with contents in articles and forums.

The editors and moderators should be required to devote more time to edit contents for grammatical correctness and presentation and spams.

I agree! Hope all our members conscious of this significant development and conduct themselves accordingly!
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani, Mary
I must admire the suggestion of our learned members but may I add that if grammar and structure would become the sole criteria of postings then thee would be hardly 10 members who would remain here participating in forums. Almost half of them would be moderators and rest visiting at their convenience. I agree we need a good sentence but if the emphasis is on queens English I am afraid moderators either would be spending whole time editing those posts or find no posts to edit.
I have been participating in different international forums for long and members objecting to language or grammar to members from non English speaking countries are asked to refrain from being harsh.
Thanks.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.