The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Am not angry yaar......
It's a bit tension and sadness......nothing else.
Thank you Arun.

Meera sandhu
If someone is not confident in grammar, you can post that reply in Ms-word and correct mistakes. Later, post it in forum. By this way, gradually you can learn also. .....especially simple mistakes

I would not prefer wasting time on this atleast for forum posts. For forum posts, I think you should learn as you go.

But yea, for articles, run it through word to avoid spelling and common usage mistakes.

While writing posts in forum, the wrong spelling appears in red. So, one can correct. However, fluency in writing is more important. One may not bother much about some mistakes that may inadvertently creep in but there should not be grammatical mistakes that are very glaring and blunder.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

If someone is not confident in grammar, you can post that reply in Ms-word and correct mistakes. Later, post it in forum. By this way, gradually you can learn also. .....especially simple mistakes

I would not prefer wasting time on this atleast for forum posts. For forum posts, I think you should learn as you go.

But yea, for articles, run it through word to avoid spelling and common usage mistakes.

While writing posts in forum, the wrong spelling appears in red. So, one can correct. However, fluency in writing is more important. One may not bother much about some mistakes that may inadvertently creep in but there should not be grammatical mistakes that are very glaring and blunder.

I do lot of mistakes while writing here which I edit whenever i go back there.But I can't help it as it happens when I continously sit in front of computer and try to respond fast to the threads.But these days I try to re-read the response first before submitting but the grammatical mistakes which I do I can't do anything with them as I am not much good in the language so co operate with me friends. :)
@Arun

I gave a patient read to your posts and unhesitatingly agree with the very basic point you have raised. If Boddunan's forum can be turned into a learning field for all kinds of members who are strong or not so strong in English,then forum would serve a great purpose. I am one of those very few believers that fluency or whatever you choose to call it would ever suffer if anyone takes minute care of very basic requirements of English grammar. Either I know or don't know it - there could not be any position in between! I hope I have got my points across clear enough! I also sincerely subscribe to the thought that learning never stops but willingness to learn may! I am very open on this. If someone points out my mistakes, I truly remain grateful to him or her!
Thank you said by: Arun Jain
@Arun

I gave a patient read to your posts and unhesitatingly agree with the very basic point you have raised. If Boddunan's forum can be turned into a learning field for all kinds of members who are strong or not so strong in English,then forum would serve a great purpose. I am one of those very few believers that fluency or whatever you choose to call it would ever suffer if anyone takes minute care of very basic requirements of English grammar. Either I know or don't know it - there could not be any position in between! I hope I have got my points across clear enough! I also sincerely subscribe to the thought that learning never stops but willingness to learn may! I am very open on this. If someone points out my mistakes, I truly remain grateful to him or her!

Sir, A few members including you may write correct English fluently but there are some members who are not gifted with this talent. They need to develop practice of writing correct and good English. Practice is the best way to learn. Initially, there can be mistakes but they will no doubt improve in course of time. We need be a bit tolerant to grammatical mistakes during their learning stage. This is like some one getting learning licence for a vehicle. If they do not write, even if wrong, they will not be able to learn correct English. So, I think that contents in a post are more important than correctness of English. If they can write good contents now even if in bad English, this is welcome. By reading others post and through experience, they will definitely learn to write good English. Practice makes one perfect. I also feel that most of our members and viewers including those abroad are English knowing Indians. They also understand the problem.

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani, Sanjeev Gupta
@Arun

Sir, A few members including you may write correct English fluently but there are some members who are not gifted with this talent. They need to develop practice of writing correct and good English. Practice is the best way to learn. Initially, there can be mistakes but they will no doubt improve in course of time. We need be a bit tolerant to grammatical mistakes during their learning stage. This is like some one getting learning licence for a vehicle. If they do not write, even if wrong, they will not be able to learn correct English. So, I think that contents in a post are more important than correctness of English. If they can write good contents now even if in bad English, this is welcome. By reading others post and through experience, they will definitely learn to write good English. Practice makes one perfect. I also feel that most of our members and viewers including those abroad are English knowing Indians. They also understand the problem.

That was exactly the point i was trying to put across. If the emphasis evolves round the language especially grammar, then of course this would be against the set norms of the forums where any member can go to participate. If a particular member can improve his writing skills in the process is a bonus for him but that is not the sole purpose of any forum any where in the world. I hope I have made my point clear up to my ability. Learning of course is a continues process, which one can carry on until he breaths his last, there is no denial and no one is perfect as well.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I have no hesitation to say that I am learning day to to day and if somebody will help to find out the mistake, I will be thankful.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
I have no hesitation to say that I am learning day to to day and if somebody will help to find out the mistake, I will be thankful.

I have satisfaction that you have improved much since you joined. I hope others will also learn from your example.

Arun put forward a suggestion of a super moderator. As admin can't look into every serious issue here, a super moderator is also a nice suggestion, if it's implemented nicely. :) :) . Now 5 moderators are selected. Am sure Gulshanji will be one among them. :) :) :) Already he is a moderator here, who is spending a lot of hours here daily. That's why am putting forward this suggestion. As Gulshanji is the most senior member here, he can do that job nicely. Every member, including administrator is respecting him. Isn't it? His contribution in forum ...no doubt...very valuable. He has an excellent command over the language also. So, if any dispute in forum occur, any member or moderator can approach him for his opinion and it's sure, he can do it the best. Also, everyone here will respect his decisions.

It's just my personal opinion only. :) :) :)
As I said earlier, it is not yet decided how many people will be selected and such hierarchy will only be created if it is certainly required. Yes, I do respect Gulshanji personally, and I believe most people are already approaching him when in need.

Sir, it's nice to hear all the moderators are giving equal powers and preferences. If so, I would like to add 1-2 points. I am saying so, seeing the latest 1-2 unpleasant incidents occurred here.
It's so nice that all moderators will be given equal power. By this way, no one will feel inferior or superior. :)
What am saying is, if some moderator finds wrong with decisions made by another moderator, he should not openly respond in forum. Instead, communicate with that particular moderator through Pms only. By this way, they are not only mutually helping each other, but giving mutual respect also. :) :) :) By this way, normal users will also feel comfort with it. Also, they can rectify their mistakes without making it visible through forum. It will bring more discipline to forum also. Hoping you will carry forward this suggestion :) :)

Meera sandhu

I have satisfaction that you have improved much since you joined. I hope others will also learn from your example.

Thank you sir I am really happy by joining this site and can learn many through interaction with so many knowledgeable persons.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.