The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
All the best to all who are selected or being selected. :) :)..
Keep improving the Quality..

I am sure that all members are eagerly waiting to see who the new Editorial and moderator team members are, since everyone has a lot of expectations from them :)

I too am becoming very impatient now with anticipation!! :ohmy:

By the way, Usha your new avtar is really nice!!

Thanks a lot Kalyani, it is the picture of a wild flower growing in my garden....
I can see changes happening all the time here with the dashboard and the profile pages... :)

Yes true, so many changes happening here,! The flower is really very sweet!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
When the moderators team will be announced? I am waiting to see the new team.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
When the moderators team will be announced? I am waiting to see the new team.

Its announced just check it on the thread started by Maverick. :)
This is only for the senior members? B)
Unless you write some articles and know the feedback of editors, you can't get hold of the procedure happen here. Hence we asked for senior members to join, infact we will give preference to those who wrote some quality articles (a good writer/reader cannot become a good editor).

Even I agree for an editor he/she be good in writing articles. :)

A person who has never written a single article ever will not know what exactly is required and what is expected from other writers so I think that person can never make a good editor!

Even after submitting many articles one may not be able to grasp many things.I feel that editors job is the toughest one where you need assess the article and impartially review and rate it ...

A good author may not be good editor and vice versa. But if you have written articles, you know the rules for writing articles, formatting and basic idea. This can help you to edit articles. Here I may give an example. I am not good at cooking but I can say which dish is better. Similarly, if you can judge the quality of article, you may be good editor. In another site, I just wrote five articles but reviewed hundreds of articles. There my GPs (gift points) exceeding one lakh are mainly for review.

But you haven't edited even a single article of mine :unsure:
I submitted 61 articles here till now.
Sir, is reviewing different from editing and what's those gift points? Can you tell me please

So far, I am not editor on Boddunan and also I have not reviewed any article. Review differs from editing. Any member may review any article and give his rating in the rating column. I was referring to another site- an American.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I am very eager to see who the new editors are going to be since they have a very responsible job on their hand,ultimately the status and standing of a site rests in their decision making since articles are the ones that show on the search engines more than the discussions ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I think editors can be categorized according to their proficiency. i.e. An editor who knows well of general articles may not be well proficient in correcting IT articles. Same is the case of other subjects also. The problem is......one editor should be able to correct written errors also, not only grammatical errors. An editor, if doesn't have any idea of the subject may not be able to notice even simple errors.

An editor cannot be expected to be expert on all topics. But an author must be expert on the topic he writes. General knowledge of lay man's level suffices fore editor. He can judge quality of contents and language but not the facts and views in the articles. Neither administration nor editor need agree with views of the author. They also do not certify the facts stated in the article. author is primarily responsible for the contents in his article. An editor has limited power. He can make only minor alterations as prima facie required.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I think editors can be categorized according to their proficiency. i.e. An editor who knows well of general articles may not be well proficient in correcting IT articles. Same is the case of other subjects also. The problem is......one editor should be able to correct written errors also, not only grammatical errors. An editor, if doesn't have any idea of the subject may not be able to notice even simple errors.

An editor cannot be expected to be expert on all topics. But an author must be expert on the topic he writes. General knowledge of lay man's level suffices fore editor. He can judge quality of contents and language but not the facts and views in the articles. Neither administration nor editor need agree with views of the author. They also do not certify the facts stated in the article. author is primarily responsible for the contents in his article. An editor has limited power. He can make only minor alterations as prima facie required.

Yes, i agree.....
But if editor has at least a vague idea of the content, he can avoid minute errors before publishing....and can see the real value of articles.

Let me ask admin if he will get enough time to edit IT related articles. No doubt, he is the best person to edit IT articles. If he is able to handle this category solely by himself, it would be nice. Hoping admin will think about it :)

Meera sandhu

Yes, i agree.....
But if editor has at least a vague idea of the content, he can avoid minute errors before publishing....and can see the real value of articles.

Let me ask admin if he will get enough time to edit IT related articles. No doubt, he is the best person to edit IT articles. If he is able to handle this category solely by himself, it would be nice. Hoping admin will think about it :)

True, there are are technical articles on the site, which need an expert editing. That is why I said and editor expert in finance may not know technical details of articles related to engineering or cooking for that matter. So a panel of editors would be the right choice to get the best results.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

Yes, i agree.....

True, there are are technical articles on the site, which need an expert editing. That is why I said and editor expert in finance may not know technical details of articles related to engineering or cooking for that matter. So a panel of editors would be the right choice to get the best results.

Yes..Only quality and error free articles can bring more readers to site. So, if at least these factors are taken into account, it can bring a vast difference for sure.
Yes, technical articles, computer coding articles etc really need an expert to edit. Since we already have admin in in our site, we need not go for other alternatives though many IT professionals are available in our site itself.
Same is the case of finance related articles. I think both Gulshanji and Chinmayjee are experts.

Recipes, art, culture, parenting, house development...don't need an expert to correct.
But IT and financial articles really require such editors.

Meera sandhu

Yes, i agree.....

Yes..Only quality and error free articles can bring more readers to site. So, if at least these factors are taken into account, it can bring a vast difference for sure.
Yes, technical articles, computer coding articles etc really need an expert to edit. Since we already have admin in in our site, we need not go for other alternatives though many IT professionals are available in our site itself.
Same is the case of finance related articles. I think both Gulshanji and Chinmayjee are experts.

Recipes, art, culture, parenting, house development...don't need an expert to correct.
But IT and financial articles really require such editors.

Why not recipe, I have seen articles where a writer list 4 tea spoonful of cardamom seeds in a Halua for 100 grams of Suzi. Now the writer forgot that the Halua was that of some thing else but not of Cardamom seeds. And computer coding is only a branch of computers, even computer has different fields to look into, but that is alright as long as the editor knows the basics.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.