The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is only for the senior members? B)
Unless you write some articles and know the feedback of editors, you can't get hold of the procedure happen here. Hence we asked for senior members to join, infact we will give preference to those who wrote some quality articles (a good writer/reader cannot become a good editor).

Even I agree for an editor he/she be good in writing articles. :)

A person who has never written a single article ever will not know what exactly is required and what is expected from other writers so I think that person can never make a good editor!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Unless you write some articles and know the feedback of editors, you can't get hold of the procedure happen here. Hence we asked for senior members to join, infact we will give preference to those who wrote some quality articles (a good writer/reader cannot become a good editor).

A person who has never written a single article ever will not know what exactly is required and what is expected from other writers so I think that person can never make a good editor!

Yes I agree with you. Editors should have some knowledge also in literature and grammar.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Even after submitting many articles one may not be able to grasp many things.I feel that editors job is the toughest one where you need assess the article and impartially review and rate it ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Even after submitting many articles one may not be able to grasp many things.I feel that editors job is the toughest one where you need assess the article and impartially review and rate it ...

A good author may not be good editor and vice versa. But if you have written articles, you know the rules for writing articles, formatting and basic idea. This can help you to edit articles. Here I may give an example. I am not good at cooking but I can say which dish is better. Similarly, if you can judge the quality of article, you may be good editor. In another site, I just wrote five articles but reviewed hundreds of articles. There my GPs (gift points) exceeding one lakh are mainly for review.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

A good author may not be good editor and vice versa. But if you have written articles, you know the rules for writing articles, formatting and basic idea. This can help you to edit articles. Here I may give an example. I am not good at cooking but I can say which dish is better. Similarly, if you can judge the quality of article, you may be good editor. In another site, I just wrote five articles but reviewed hundreds of articles. There my GPs (gift points) exceeding one lakh are mainly for review.

Sir your knowledge is unlimited but to review one should have some good english knowledge.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

Yes it is indeed a tough job and not easy as many would believe. It really is about constantly research as to changing trends in usage of language and also keeping yourself updated. For instance, the word invite used to be a verb always, but now with more and more corporate lingo in use now, it has now become a noun and you no longer send invitation, but you send invite! So an editor has to be conscious of such changes!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Sir your knowledge is unlimited but to review one should have some good english knowledge.

Good knowledge of English grammar and language skills is must for an author and editor both. However, there could be difference in creativity level. An author needs be more creative. An editor needs be better critic and capable of appreciation of articles.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Good example! Also to be a good editor, one needs to be aware of widely accepted different styles of writing and also need to have a good grasp of humor too. I know some who do not understand humor even if it is staring in their faces!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Good example! Also to be a good editor, one needs to be aware of widely accepted different styles of writing and also need to have a good grasp of humor too. I know some who do not understand humor even if it is staring in their faces!!

Thats absolutely right kalyani, an article can become boring when only facts and figures are presented without some humor element in it and the editor should be able to appreciate it :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

But you haven't edited even a single article of mine :unsure:
I submitted 61 articles here till now.
Sir, is reviewing different from editing and what's those gift points? Can you tell me please

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.