The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The editor window allow the editors to choose which articles they want to review. It is not something which editors are forced to review. So if a editor feels that he is not aware of the topic, he can leave it. Of course any article left out for 2 days without any review will be reviewed by admin. I hope the issue with experts is answered. Except the need for people with expertise in their area, which is impossible. We have over 100 categories with over 20 different areas of articles. If you want to recruit one editor for each area, I guess an editor will get hardly one or two articles for review per week.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

The editor window allow the editors to choose which articles they want to review. It is not something which editors are forced to review. So if a editor feels that he is not aware of the topic, he can leave it. Of course any article left out for 2 days without any review will be reviewed by admin. I hope the issue with experts is answered. Except the need for people with expertise in their area, which is impossible. We have over 100 categories with over 20 different areas of articles. If you want to recruit one editor for each area, I guess an editor will get hardly one or two articles for review per week.

Yes, it's a nice idea.....

I am saying only about technical and economic related articles.....
All other categories can be reviewed by any editor here. :)

Meera sandhu
I think editors can be categorized according to their proficiency. i.e. An editor who knows well of general articles may not be well proficient in correcting IT articles. Same is the case of other subjects also. The problem is......one editor should be able to correct written errors also, not only grammatical errors. An editor, if doesn't have any idea of the subject may not be able to notice even simple errors.

An editor cannot be expected to be expert on all topics. But an author must be expert on the topic he writes. General knowledge of lay man's level suffices fore editor. He can judge quality of contents and language but not the facts and views in the articles. Neither administration nor editor need agree with views of the author. They also do not certify the facts stated in the article. author is primarily responsible for the contents in his article. An editor has limited power. He can make only minor alterations as prima facie required.

Yes, i agree.....
But if editor has at least a vague idea of the content, he can avoid minute errors before publishing....and can see the real value of articles.

Let me ask admin if he will get enough time to edit IT related articles. No doubt, he is the best person to edit IT articles. If he is able to handle this category solely by himself, it would be nice. Hoping admin will think about it :)

True, there are are technical articles on the site, which need an expert editing. That is why I said and editor expert in finance may not know technical details of articles related to engineering or cooking for that matter. So a panel of editors would be the right choice to get the best results.

Yes..Only quality and error free articles can bring more readers to site. So, if at least these factors are taken into account, it can bring a vast difference for sure.
Yes, technical articles, computer coding articles etc really need an expert to edit. Since we already have admin in in our site, we need not go for other alternatives though many IT professionals are available in our site itself.
Same is the case of finance related articles. I think both Gulshanji and Chinmayjee are experts.

Recipes, art, culture, parenting, house development...don't need an expert to correct.
But IT and financial articles really require such editors.

Why not recipe, I have seen articles where a writer list 4 tea spoonful of cardamom seeds in a Halua for 100 grams of Suzi. Now the writer forgot that the Halua was that of some thing else but not of Cardamom seeds. And computer coding is only a branch of computers, even computer has different fields to look into, but that is alright as long as the editor knows the basics.

Our editors have enough brain to correct such simple mistakes. :woohoo: :woohoo:
I believe so....

If not, let them come forward and tell me, they can't :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu
I think editors can be categorized according to their proficiency. i.e. An editor who knows well of general articles may not be well proficient in correcting IT articles. Same is the case of other subjects also. The problem is......one editor should be able to correct written errors also, not only grammatical errors. An editor, if doesn't have any idea of the subject may not be able to notice even simple errors.

An editor cannot be expected to be expert on all topics. But an author must be expert on the topic he writes. General knowledge of lay man's level suffices fore editor. He can judge quality of contents and language but not the facts and views in the articles. Neither administration nor editor need agree with views of the author. They also do not certify the facts stated in the article. author is primarily responsible for the contents in his article. An editor has limited power. He can make only minor alterations as prima facie required.

Yes, i agree.....
But if editor has at least a vague idea of the content, he can avoid minute errors before publishing....and can see the real value of articles.

Let me ask admin if he will get enough time to edit IT related articles. No doubt, he is the best person to edit IT articles. If he is able to handle this category solely by himself, it would be nice. Hoping admin will think about it :)

True, there are are technical articles on the site, which need an expert editing. That is why I said and editor expert in finance may not know technical details of articles related to engineering or cooking for that matter. So a panel of editors would be the right choice to get the best results.

Yes..Only quality and error free articles can bring more readers to site. So, if at least these factors are taken into account, it can bring a vast difference for sure.
Yes, technical articles, computer coding articles etc really need an expert to edit. Since we already have admin in in our site, we need not go for other alternatives though many IT professionals are available in our site itself.
Same is the case of finance related articles. I think both Gulshanji and Chinmayjee are experts.

Recipes, art, culture, parenting, house development...don't need an expert to correct.

Why not recipe, I have seen articles where a writer list 4 tea spoonful of cardamom seeds in a Halua for 100 grams of Suzi. Now the writer forgot that the Halua was that of some thing else but not of Cardamom seeds. And computer coding is only a branch of computers, even computer has different fields to look into, but that is alright as long as the editor knows the basics.

Our editors have enough brain to correct such simple mistakes. :woohoo: :woohoo:
I believe so....

Editors will come forward to you after their appointment only. If now they say so, they may not get appointment. :laugh:

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes, i agree.....

I believe so....

Editors will come forward to you after their appointment only. If now they say so, they may not get appointment. :laugh:

Am 100% sure about two editors.......both our super moderators :P

Meera sandhu

It is next to impossible and also impractical to have too many editors on a forum.As long as there is a committed team and admin is able to monitor , it should be good enough. We are not writing articles at a professional level here so that should suffice ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is next to impossible and also impractical to have too many editors on a forum.As long as there is a committed team and admin is able to monitor , it should be good enough. We are not writing articles at a professional level here so that should suffice ...

True! In any case, each editor is responsible to check the actual facts that is contained in an article, which ca easily be checked through various online resources, to determine if the claims made in it are true or false, the dates (If applicable) are correct etc. He or she need not be an expert in those subjects!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

True! In any case, each editor is responsible to check the actual facts that is contained in an article, which ca easily be checked through various online resources, to determine if the claims made in it are true or false, the dates (If applicable) are correct etc. He or she need not be an expert in those subjects!

Exactly ! one has the necessary tools provided by the site or even otherwise ,as you say all information is just a click away . Hopefully by the end of this week or beginning next week most things would be sorted out here :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree. Too many cooks spoil the broth. Too many editors will also spoil the site. The authors are expert in their topic. The editors, even if not so proficient, will perform well by way of common sense and knowledge alone.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I agree. Too many cooks spoil the broth. Too many editors will also spoil the site. The authors are expert in their topic. The editors, even if not so proficient, will perform well by way of common sense and knowledge alone.

There wont be any problem if the editor wont have knowledge on that topic by reading the topic he will get some idea about that topic in next article he can edit it. This is a plus point to editors.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.