The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I know but from a lot of time we are running a same point thats why we should leave it. We can also talk another point and so many point related to T20.
T 20 HAS INCREASED POPULARITY OF CRICKET AND ALSO T20 IS THE FORM OF CRICKET IT IS ALSO GIVING CHANGE TO YOUNG TALENT,HERE I ASSUME MODERATOR IS TALKING ABOUT ONLY CRICKET NOT ONE DAY
"Is T20 format doing harm to the Cricket?"

I don't think so; T20 format is not doing any harm to the game of cricket...

T20 format of cricket has induced a new life in the cricket world when it had a serious setback due to match fixing allegations against the leading cricket players. Even the cricketers who were concedered as legends in the world of cricket were involved in global match fixing allegations. There were many legendary players who were terminated from the international cricket matches.

With the advent of T20 people started re-considering to watch cricket matches afresh just because of the new format. The main attraction in T20 is the limited time, limited, overs and many other restrictions due to which it is just not possible for a poor cricketer to perform good and deceive the cricket boards and the viewers who amass the revenue for the game to survive.

The first revolution came when the ODIs were introduced and renewed interest in the minds of cricket enthusiasts. Subsequently T20 entered the world erena with a bang and established cricket as the undisputed king of world sports.

- Harish Jharia

Harish Jharia
http://harishjhariasblog.blogspot.com/
@ Harish Jharia

Hello harish , i am completely agree with your suggestion. T20 format induced a new excitement and life of cricket but it is not hamring cricket. And one thing more u said poor player can't get time in this format to play a good game.
Hi dear Harish,

I also Agree with you that 20-20 format not harms to cricket but still i am saying that one format can harm another format of cricket.

As you say first time Test match came then there more excitement for test cricket then one day come then people interest divided in 2 format then 20-20 come then people interested divided in 3 format As per sequence in new format people start taking more interest and previous format effected by new format .

so am i right or wrong.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Santosh,

In working days , viewers may be some what less, but it will not affect a lot. A true fan of cricket doesn't like to miss a good match.

Though the viewers are live or not,organisers will get profit. Though they see through TV, the television rating will increase and they get profit from selling telecasting rights, advertisements etc. So, we can't say that T20's TV audience doesn't make any difference...!!

And regarding retirement,
When the player thinks he is not fit for the game, he may think about quitting. That's all...

Get hot offers& tricks for Indians..Hurry!!
www.IndianOffer.blogspot.com
Lohit,

I'm not saying that ODI loosed audience. But in future, there is chances for it. Yes we don't know about future, yet we can predict something.

I was not saying about retiring completely from cricket, but retiring from some forms for concentrating on others. It will not happen always.. Depends on the person and his target.

Yes lohit.. ODI is a perfect balance between test matches and T20's..!!

Lohit,

upto some extend its right that T20 is the game of batsmen.How the batsman perform will depend on the direction of game. But its not completely true. Who says that T20 is only a game of win / loose , many records have taken birth in T20 matches..!!

Yet not forgot Yuvi's 6 sixes..!!

Yes lohit,

If the game is interesting,then the people will normally love to watch it.Either by TV,Internet or whatever means. A Real fan will always find time to see his favourite game.

With the introduction of T20, cricket has got a new level of excitement.
It never means that ODI loosed its spirit. ODI has its own excitement.

@ Santosh

I don't think that ODI will be affected very bad due to the popularity of T20's.

Yes, we can'tincrease the time. An unemployed person and a president of a nation; both have 24 hrsin a day. Its all about how you manage it. A real fan will find time to see his favourite game.

You have said that 10% popularity of ODI's have losed.. I think its not that high.. But not a big problem.. Almost like.. But never more than it..

Also you have pointed out that value of other formats will decrease. What value are you pointing? Financial value..??

Yes santhosh.. There will arise situations were serious contradictions will arise between persons in a GD. It makes GD more live.. We have to efficiently discuss on it..

tarun wrote:
[quote]@above right
20 has some diadvantages also ,
in t 20 cricket players has always a excuse of less time for his mistakes ,while in one day they cant give this excuse[/quote]

How can we say that excuse..??
Never.. Because all are getting the same time..

So, its all about, Survival of the fittest.. !!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.