The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
But one drawback i can think of 20-20 is if the number of ODIs are reduced because of this, then it will take long time for the players to beat old records and other milestiones in cricket.So if T20 doesn't reduce the number of ODI's then it will not do any harm.

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
Yes 100% i agree with meen number of one day matches will reduce automatically due to tournament of 20-20 like world cup and other series .

So its one major harm for one day matches.

See test matches already reduces in this year.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

@ Santosh

The disadvantages you have pointed out about T20 is right. The sudden boom of T20 cricket will surely affect the popularity and sustainability of other forms of cricket.

But staying close to the topic, whether it affects cricket ..??

We can't say like that because as a total its not so affecting the Cricket though it badly affects other forms of cricket.

Get hot offers& tricks for Indians..Hurry!!
www.IndianOffer.blogspot.com
@ Meean

We cannot completely say that the 3rd and 4th points given by santosh are wrong.

As per his 3rd point,You have said that money is not the only motive of playing, but at the next sentence you have said that they are earning more in advertisers than in matches.How will they get advertisers? Only if they are active and successful in cricket. So,we can't say that players are not going after money.

If the dedication towards game was more,they won't cut their practise sessions for advertisement shooting and others..

T20 increases the market of a player.The player is taken for a deal by a team.So,if he is good then he can earn more.

But if some player gets good matches in T20 and if he is earning good from it , then he may think to retire from others and give his full concentration on T20 matches.. Chances are there..

Regarding the no.of games. T20 is affecting more on test matches rather than ODI's.
The schedule of international teams for the coming year is a proof for it..

it may be but let us see what happen its only discussions created by us. what happen in actual we can not exactly say but as per my idea i have given my thoughts.

But its effect bad for not public but for cricket format.
public was previously passing and enjoying with cricket this time also enjoyed by cricket but format effect is there.

Santosh Kumar Singh

Santhosh, please try to give your points in a discussion clearly so that everyone will understand, what you really meant..

What i want to say is

When there is no 20-20 match that time people see one day and test match for enjoyment. This time 20-20 format is there so people enjoying with 20-20 match . same as when new format come then still people will enjoy from that format also.

so i want to say that format will not effect but one format will effect to other format.

Santosh Kumar Singh

Jobin,

I didn't say players don't care about money and they are playing only for the nation. What i meant was they are not retiring early because they have earned money by playing lot of matches.

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
But, right now all countries are playing more one days than ever..
If talking about milestones created, at that time they were not playing this much ODIs....

Download latest movies
With low size
High Quality
BMovies.page.tl
@ Santosh kumar singh

Hello Mr. Santosh i am also not agree with your point number 1 & 2. As per India maximum number of fans in cricket are found in India.
Interest of people didn't got decrease from one day matches. just take the example of today match of India Shri-lanka the ground of katak is full with people. no seat is vacant and previous two matches are also got full. And maximum number of one day matches have full crowd and fans. So your point is wrong according to me. Test matches always have less crowd in ground from a lot of time because it is too time consuming. So people came only last or 2nd last day for watching match.

Now about your 2nd point i am also not agree that one day and test matches are will played for only maintaining records. One day matches are always have its own importance and will have in future.

now about your 3rd point- I wanna tell you Match fees is not so much matters for the cricketers. why because its only 15000 to 20000 per match but they are earning a lot of lakhs and crores from adds and man of the matches and other awards. No cricket is wanna quit quickly, because they know that they have chance to play only near about age 35 or 36 not after this, after this they with get retire.

So I am Not agree with your all points.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.