The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
"Is T20 format doing harm to the Cricket?"

I don't think so; T20 format is not doing any harm to the game of cricket...

Friends,

When I used to play cricket with my friends I always had a problem of the specific overs and decisive period for closing the game and declare the winners and ans runners up. similarly all other children who play cricket in a neighborhood park need to have a particular pattern that suits them to get the satisfaction od a real match.

- Harish Jharia

Harish Jharia
http://harishjhariasblog.blogspot.com/
"Is T20 format doing harm to the Cricket?"

I don't think so; T20 format is not doing any harm to the game of cricket...

Friends,

With the introduction T20 Cricket all the kids parties have switched over to this pattern for playing cricket and getting the satisfaction as if they are playing big-boy's game. By playing T20 the boys can compare themselves with Sachin and Sahavag and Dhoni.

- Harish Jharia

Harish Jharia
http://harishjhariasblog.blogspot.com/
Wow!You have given a very good point Mr. Harish. Nowadays, all the tournaments are being played in the T20 format, with almost all the international rules being followed (as much as possible).
@ Harish

Yes harish i am agree with you what you said. T20 gives all kids and other big boys to play a match in short time with a pattern.
And it is because of T20 that many more people got interested in the game of cricket. Previously, my mother had no interest in cricket. But now even she watches the IPL matches with a lot of interest. Isn't this a good sign for cricket?
Santhosh,

So you says that as there are many local teams in IPL, match fixing is increased..
Okay.. chances are there..

And i too agree to you that there is no need in adding cricket to olympics...

Get hot offers& tricks for Indians..Hurry!!
www.IndianOffer.blogspot.com
T-20 has made its existence in very short time.It is still a great format to play. People enjoy this cricket. T-20 is being been popular so much just because of its new concept .

Want to make each day Accountable

Yes harish,

Cricket got popularised by the british when they ruled lion's share of the planet..
But i don't think that cricket will be added in olympics.

Cricket is already getting good popularity through world cups, championships etc.
If cricket is added to olympics, popularity of other games may be affected.
So, i think T20 will not be added..

Yes harish,

T20 is a game were each seconds counts..
Speed has a prominent role..

Its all about Think fast and Do fast..!!

As T20 matches are fast and live, viewers are entertained a lot.
They love to watch T20 matches..

Lohit,

I agree that seats in a stadium will be the same. But viewers are not only those who are physically present at stadium..

Television,Internet etc. have a lot of viewers watching T20 matches..
From the TV ratings its clear that T20 has comparitively more viewers.

But,the thing is that if the match is interesting .. Otherwise if the match has something in it.. It will always have a crowd to make it live...!!

T-20 cricket give you enjoyment and has made a exciting cricket among the youngsters who had just arrive in cricketing field.
It not only gives us enjoyment but truly i believe that it gives a chance to the players to come in the cricket career again who have lost their rhythm as well as hope. Cricketers like Ashish Nehra ,Suresh raina has made a come back through this cricket only.
So, i don't think T-20 is harming the cricket but giving a chance to survive in cricket.

Want to make each day Accountable

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.