Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
vijay wrote:

The element of bias is arising because the killers of Beant Singh and Rajiv Gandhi were not hanged and the Akali Dal and  both DMK parties have openly supported their being released and resolutions have been passed in their favour. This is a brutal reality of our politics. 

And who was responsible for letting them go?

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

vijay wrote:

The element of bias is arising because the killers of Beant Singh and Rajiv Gandhi were not hanged and the Akali Dal and  both DMK parties have openly supported their being released and resolutions have been passed in their favour. This is a brutal reality of our politics. 

This is the sad reality.  There is no way a killer of a Prime minister can get a reprieve. It will not happen in any country. We must look inward. There is bias , no doubt about it.

It's not the bias but vote bank and you must appreciate the present government does not  care much about vote bank politics.

Seeking minority votes is vote bank politics but seeking majority's  votes is not vote bank politics. Great.

suni51 wrote:
vijay wrote:

And who was responsible for letting them go?

Does it matter. the deed is done. Whosoever was responsible has done a great harm to execution of justice in India. How can assemblies pass resolutions in favour of convicted criminals. Majority or minority both are equally communal.

vijay wrote:

Seeking minority votes is vote bank politics but seeking majority's  votes is not vote bank politics. Great.

That's the whole point, if a decision makes majority happy that certainly will not be called vote bank politics. However the truth is hanging terrorists is not the decision of present government but came from SC. In case of Rajiv Gandhi murders it was decided by Congress party. I don't think hanging terrorists is vote bank politics.

suni51 wrote:
vijay wrote:

That's the whole point, if a decision makes majority happy that certainly will not be called vote bank politics. However the truth is hanging terrorists is not the decision of present government but came from SC. In case of Rajiv Gandhi murders it was decided by Congress party. I don't think hanging terrorists is vote bank politics.

Hanging should not be a case of vote bank politics, but when state assemblies pass resolutions in favor of terrorists what do you have to say? 

vijay wrote:
suni51 wrote:
vijay wrote:

Hanging should not be a case of vote bank politics, but when state assemblies pass resolutions in favor of terrorists what do you have to say? 

Do you really need an answer for that? The law should take it's own course and legislatory should stay away in such cases.

Yakub Memon is to be hanged yet killers of Rajiv Gandhi and Beant Singh  CM punjab got a reprieve and were spared the noose. The only 2 hanged so far in India are Muslims (recently).

No doubt there is a lot of debate going on about the merits and demerits of granting Yakub the death sentence...His crimes too are serious .However, I am totally against death sentence because it does not deter the would be criminal one bit...I feel that they should be given life sentence , until death without parole, so that they repent their act each day !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

A study was carried out about society and the death penalty in America. There is a linkage in death penalty and crime. I am in UAE and only 2 executions have taken place in last 10 years. But the important point is that the threat of Sharia is so powerful that crime is nonexistent. In USA already tens of executions have been carried out this year.  Death penalty is a deterrent and and an example. The state did a grievous mistake in commuting the death sentence of killers of Rajiv and Beant Singh.That is the reason that Owasi the MIML leader went on TV to say that the execution of death penalty is partial and not free and fair.

The fact is Indians lack character.  This was the trait that led to their downfall. This sparing of men involved in heinous crimes is nothing new. In a battle with Ghori, Prithviraj routed him and as per reports let him go. He came back next year and defeated Prithviraj and executed him.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.