Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
chinmoymukherjee wrote:

In none of my posts I have advocated the cause of this language as a spoken language despite its extraordinarily rich vocabulary it can't be the lingua franca like English. The reasons are clear. As to the small number of people who visited this planet to reform and break fresh and new paths and vision my only question is : When did we have them in thousands

and millions unlike today when we have more leaders than followers!!!!

Although I in favor of promotion of Sanskrit, but it is almost impossible to use this as a spoken language and medium of study. But we must be learn it. 

Although impracticable, I challenge the Sanskrit enthusiasts to publish a Sanskrit daily-paper or internet edition and run this at least for a month. 

Sudharma is a Sanskrit news paper from the city of Mysore Karnataka since 1970.

Here is the link

http://sudharma.epapertoday.com/

I'm a Sanskrit lover. I can run such Sanskrit news paper if someone fiances me.

Please write this on Facebook or Twitter so that financiers can know your proposal. I am sure nobody in India is going to start a Sanskrit newspaper or even a web site. However I hope you may begin with a website or blog. However I don't know how capable you are in Sanskrit- speaking, writing or reading. 

Why I should write in FB or twitter, when i have my own team of Sanskrit scholars who are ready to offer their services free of cost ?

Then okay. go ahead. But you had stated that you can start a Sanskrit newspaper if somebody finances. If you don't need finance, okay. Go ahead. Wish all the best. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

rambabu wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
chinmoymukherjee wrote:

In none of my posts I have advocated the cause of this language as a spoken language despite its extraordinarily rich vocabulary it can't be the lingua franca like English. The reasons are clear. As to the small number of people who visited this planet to reform and break fresh and new paths and vision my only question is : When did we have them in thousands

Although I in favor of promotion of Sanskrit, but it is almost impossible to use this as a spoken language and medium of study. But we must be learn it. 

Although impracticable, I challenge the Sanskrit enthusiasts to publish a Sanskrit daily-paper or internet edition and run this at least for a month. 

Here is the link

Please write this on Facebook or Twitter so that financiers can know your proposal. I am sure nobody in India is going to start a Sanskrit newspaper or even a web site. However I hope you may begin with a website or blog. However I don't know how capable you are in Sanskrit- speaking, writing or reading. 

Why I should write in FB or twitter, when i have my own team of Sanskrit scholars who are ready to offer their services free of cost ?

Then okay. go ahead. But you had stated that you can start a Sanskrit newspaper if somebody finances. If you don't need finance, okay. Go ahead. Wish all the best. 

Reading and writing Sanskrit is possible. Many books is available in Sanskrit, if some one have command on this language he can read it. But using Sanskrit in verbal communication is not possible. I think persons who are scholer of obvioualy used Sanskrit during conversation.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
chinmoymukherjee wrote:

Here is the link

Reading and writing Sanskrit is possible. Many books is available in Sanskrit, if some one have command on this language he can read it. But using Sanskrit in verbal communication is not possible. I think persons who are scholer of obvioualy used Sanskrit during conversation.

Verbal communication, right now is not possible and not necessary too.

It is both possible to be emotional and rational as well! In an advanced society a few play the lead role for others to follow.So what rishis,sages,litterateurs emoted and expressed themselves were received and accepted by the people to make Sanskrit a mass language in those distant eras.They surely were not addressing wind and water in abstruse and abstract language from their ivory towers!!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Exactly but that is what is being done these days by emotional supporters of Sanskrit who just heap praises of eras gone by and seem to be addressing wind and water in abstruse and abstract language from their ivory towers without taking realities of today into consideration. 

Not exactly, rather diametrically opposite, however clever might be the plain distortion of my views which I recorded in my previous posts. I would heap more praise than unmerited scorn which many ahead of me did.The Supreme Court judges held that the Sanskrit language as our precious cultural heritage emphasizing the need to learn it for protection of this heritage.Nehru committed even the graver sin(!) by going even beyond praise :"If I was asked what is the greatest treasure which India possesses and what is her finest heritage, I would answer unhesitatingly - it is the Sanskrit language and literature and all that it contains. This a magnificent inheritance, and so long as this endures and influences the life of our people, so long the basic genius of India will continue." I hope this is neither abstruse,nor abstract nor did it come from ivory towers!! Some people love to rubbish their heritage to the point of disowning it,ridiculously though!!!

I find this word " safronising education" both silly and out of context. What is safronising? It really means giving importance to Hinduism. What's wrong with it? No Hindu dare open his mouth when Muslism ruled India for 900 years.

Our pseudo intellectuals must go out and see how education curiculum is worked out in other nations. Read the English text books they glorify christian faith and rule of England. How many know that the law of blasphemy is only against the Christian religion in UK. One must be pragmatic and not keep parroting what Congress says. 

Thank you said by: rambabu

Kudos to you. You have expressed your point of view in a clear and lucid way. True, what's wrong with glorifying Hinduism. Is it a sacrilege ? I'm a Hindu and proud of being a Hindu.

The greatness of Sanskrit language is not at all in doubt. That it should be learnt by the interested is not at all disputed. That it is mother of many Indian languages is a fact. That it is the ancient language of Hindus need not be emphasised, it is accepted by all. The issue at the beginning was will it replace existing languages to  become a common language. It is in this context that some of us have opined for obvious reasons it can not. Why this fact is overlooked and a sense of injury is felt and all sort of defences are given when Sanskrit is not attacked at all is not understandable. There is no need to go on reminding the greatness of Sanskrit because no one is doubting it. Self questions are raised and answered when there is no need for it. 

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
chinmoymukherjee wrote:

Here is the link

Verbal communication, right now is not possible and not necessary too.

Vebal communication not possible. Then what remains? Written communication. Is that possible. Most probably not. So Sanskrit is not a communicative language and hence not living. All that you can do is to read old scriptures and other books. Treat this much as sign of living language. okay.  So in fact, you agree that Sanskrit is extinct. Only you hesitate to say so. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.