The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:

Kalyani, the flowers grow in abundance ,in fact many people plant it to denote their land boundaries here , looks very pretty.. 

Yes, they are one of my favorite flowers, here in Maharashtra too they are planted by almost everyone with space to spare and are a must around temples too. Although now slowly, these desi lovelies are being slowly replaced by the Hawaiian beauties :) who are more showy!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Kalyani, the flowers grow in abundance ,in fact many people plant it to denote their land boundaries here , looks very pretty.. 

Yes, they are one of my favorite flowers, here in Maharashtra too they are planted by almost everyone with space to spare and are a must around temples too. Although now slowly, these desi lovelies are being slowly replaced by the Hawaiian beauties :) who are more showy!

Yes true, but there are so many local varieties ! I have 6 varieties of hibiscus in my garden, some of them a little more difficult to grow and some easy like the one I posted..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

Coconut oil is used in south and also in some parts of North. In north mustredseed oil is also used for hair and massage. Coconut oil is sweet oil and mustredseed oil is bitter oil. Coconut oil is useful in skin alerzy problem. Usha@ tell me quantity of neem leaves, dried amla and hibiscus flower to prepare 250ml oil.

anil, I make large quantities at least 4 -5 liters ..I guess if you use a handful of all of them combined together it should be enough. All  of them need to be heated thoroughly in coconut oil , cooled and then filtered.

thanks, plz all tell me local name of hibiscus flower.

I am not sure what you call it but here we call it Dasavala ...I give a picture of the hibiscus flower that grows in my garden and the one I use for the oil..

hibiscus flowers

Beautiful bunch Usha, so fresh and lovely!

@Anil, these flowers are called Jabakusum (जबाकुसुम) in Hindi. 

Thanks, know it is easy for me to arrange these.

Sunflower oil is also good for the hair. But i have only heard but seen how people extract oil from it

bhuyali saroj

Yes Sunflower , also known as Surajmukhi Tel will help in rich hair growth  Its not all, it has several health benefits . It helps in whitening the teeth, helps in reducing belly fat also.

rambabu wrote:

Yes Sunflower , also known as Surajmukhi Tel will help in rich hair growth  Its not all, it has several health benefits . It helps in whitening the teeth, helps in reducing belly fat also.

Whitening teeth does it is used in toothpaste also 

bhuyali saroj

Babu saroj wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Whitening teeth does it is used in toothpaste also .

It can be used as a teeth whitener. Just rub your teeth with a small amount of Sunflower oil.

Thank you said by: Babu saroj
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

Coconut oil is used in south and also in some parts of North. In north mustredseed oil is also used for hair and massage. Coconut oil is sweet oil and mustredseed oil is bitter oil. Coconut oil is useful in skin alerzy problem. Usha@ tell me quantity of neem leaves, dried amla and hibiscus flower to prepare 250ml oil.

anil, I make large quantities at least 4 -5 liters ..I guess if you use a handful of all of them combined together it should be enough. All  of them need to be heated thoroughly in coconut oil , cooled and then filtered.

I am not sure what you call it but here we call it Dasavala ...I give a picture of the hibiscus flower that grows in my garden and the one I use for the oil..

hibiscus flowers

We call them Gudhal in Hindi and its English name is Hibiscus rosa-sinensis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibiscus_rosa-sinensis

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Babu saroj wrote:

Sunflower oil is also good for the hair. But i have only heard but seen how people extract oil from it

I am first time listing from you that sunflower oil is good for hair. I listen that it is good for health of heart.

suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

hibiscus flowers

We call them Gudhal in Hindi and its English name is Hibiscus rosa-sinensis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibiscus_rosa-sinensis

Besides Gudhal, Hibiscus is also known as JabaKusum. In telugu, we call it as Mandara.

http://dict.hinkhoj.com/hibiscus-meaning-in-hindi.words

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.