Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

In this thread, career is considered as a parameter of success but what about those ladies who opt to become homemaker despite having all the essential ingredients of career oriented person. Still, they choose family and only family thus do not become financially independent, then, will they be considered as successful in life?

shampasaid

I agree Shampa , in most households housewives are unpaid maids and husbands rarely acknowledge the fact that maintaining a household is not an easy task. This is precisely why I said earlier on that success is relative and personal.....We don't need anybody's certificate to say you are a successful housewife because there are bound to be mistakes and heartaches which only the woman knows. It is not as if a man is perfect so what the ....?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Pas t is a spent cheque. Future is uncertain. All those who want to be successful will  live in the present.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

In this thread, career is considered as a parameter of success but what about those ladies who opt to become homemaker despite having all the essential ingredients of career oriented person. Still, they choose family and only family thus do not become financially independent, then, will they be considered as successful in life?

I have one classic example of success gained through a different kind of hard work...One of relatives a doctor in the govt service , a very mediocre student , managed to scarpe through diploma in gynecology after two attempts. She was pushed by her husband at every level , camping at Vidhan Soudha for weeks together to bribe officials  which is easy here . to get her promotions. When she retired a couple of years ago a grand party was thrown by the couple where the husband, wife and a friend went on and on about her great qualities as a very successful doctor. I could see that all those who are close to them knowing the true story, sniggering at this but for others she is a success story !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree with you Usha and Shampa. The parameters of success varies from person to person. Some stories of success get a lot of flaunting and limelight. Some are made up. There are millions heroes around us whose sagas are untold, unsung and unheard but they are inspirational. I have many examples from the organization where I work. I have youths coming to volunteer to work with differently abled children and adults. I have a seventeen year old boy who is not a great achiever in academics but comes every weekend to help us. He helps to raise funds. He has a natural goodness and bonds well with these children. Nobody sings praises of him. He is constantly bashed by parents for not being academically sound like his brother. People don't see his passion and responsible attitude which is unmatched for his age. He doesn't fit in the picture of success drawn by the normal mainstream society. But I am amazed that at such young age he has found his true inner self and is so aligned with it. He is inspirational

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Different people have different benchmark for quality and success. For some it is all about earning capacity and fame but some are able to see quality and success even in a sweeper or a clerk who does his/her job with honesty and has other likeable characters as well...

The attitude to  be yourself. without fear is what makes you successful 

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

You ve raised a good issue. Personally I feel that success is not only about career but it can be about other aspect of life too. For a homemaker, success could be about how well they manage their home. I mean we see many homemaker who don't do good job of managing their family.

so people set their own benchmarks for success. It is the attitude and perseverance that counts.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

so people set their own benchmarks for success. It is the attitude and perseverance that counts.

Yes, I fully agree with you that perseverance is the most important played in getting success.

sdfafa

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.