Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In social networking sites i have more friends i also doubt some times who they are or who is. We can't trustly say online friends are friends in my opinion they are friends for just chatting.

Which is why I keep away from chatrooms and overly chatty people on forums who try to get too personal!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It depends on individual cases.In my own case the people who helped me right at the beginning when I began writing articles have all become good friends.In fact I have met a few of them and have kept up a good rapport and communication.One of them was a British couple who even visited me at Mangalore a few months ago..So, it all depends on circumstances and also similarity in tastes etc...

Well that's really a positive response from you..

So far so good, I have no reason to complain since I have made many friends on line.I don't want too many close friends with whom I can share all my feelings, I have a few and that's more than enough, it is nice to have friends from all categories ..

That's really nice, Usha! and most importantly, what I feel is that the more clear you are about why you are online, also helps a lot. I have mentioned this elsewhere, probably in this same thread, but by showing more maturity and clarity, you attract a similar type of people, which helps a relationship to be what exactly it is meant to be, an intelligent and mature one, where there is equal give and take of ideas!

I totally agree wit that kalyani, no point in branding all online users as unsafe and out to con you.At the same time, once you interact and come to know a person one can proceed cautiously and over a period of time it can develop into a healthy friendship ..

Yes Usha, the key is to being more mature and to be able to make out the difference between genuine ones and phony ones!! Also, I see so many people who bare their souls to one and all, talk about their personal lives quite openly, and try to appear as extremely emotionally sensitive people. I feel that such people basically are out to con others by trying to appear what they MIGHT NOT be in real! And they are the same ones who cry 'wolf' or more precisely, 'con' at the drop of a hat!! :laugh: We see so many of those around!

That reminds of an experience I had on one of the discussion sites.I was friendly with a member who was from India. She used to send me messages on a daily basis about the difficulties she was facing with her hubby and in laws and the financial constraint she had etc etc ...I used to try and advise to the best of my extent.Once she asked me for 10 dollars since she knew I had just got a payout from the site and I transferred it to her paypal account without having any intentions of asking it back...But, the lady now never bothers to message or even post in my discussions nor does she respond to my greetings ! I simply find that outrageous - she is very much there and active on the site and posts and interacts with super confidence ! :ohmy:

That's what i meant to say. Would you say this lady your friend.No! :blink:

There are lots of people like this who are there online just make people fool and take from them whatever advantage they could. :evil:

This may not happen all the time Sanjeev, what I quoted was a stray case! As long as we are cautious , nothing much can go wrong...

I know it happens rarely but but it is realy tough to recognise the reality of an online friends.And when we hear such cases our belief on online friends go down. :blink:

NO Sanjeev, you should not let that happen, that is stop believing,. because if you do then it closes your mind and the possibility of finding real friends out there! Such stray cases would be one amongst 50 or 100?? I don't know the statistics here but they are really there as learning lessons on do's and don'ts online.

I have few friends online who i don't know personally but they are like my offline friends and i have learnt many things from them and one of those is Sunil he is like a mentor for me. :laugh:

See I told you!!! :cheer: :laugh: You would not have got such a good friend had you kept your mind and eyes closed!!

Yes i always find him like an offline friend.Always help me out when i am stuck somewhere.

:)
NO Sanjeev, you should not let that happen, that is stop believing,. because if you do then it closes your mind and the possibility of finding real friends out there! Such stray cases would be one amongst 50 or 100?? I don't know the statistics here but they are really there as learning lessons on do's and don'ts online.

I have few friends online who i don't know personally but they are like my offline friends and i have learnt many things from them and one of those is Sunil he is like a mentor for me.

See I told you!!! You would not have got such a good friend had you kept your mind and eyes closed!!

Yes i always find him like an offline friend.Always help me out when i am stuck somewhere.

Beware of me, I may come to Delhi soon, this is only a few KM away.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

All most all the online friend are Fraud.They only cheated you.Just escape from such type of friend.Today Facebook is creating a Dangerous situation...........
All most all the online friend are Fraud.They only cheated you.Just escape from such type of friend.Today Facebook is creating a Dangerous situation...........

No, its not true. Yes, Facebook is a different thing altogether although not all bad is about it. It depends on how you appear to others, if you appear to be very emotional, sensitive and volunteer a lot of personal information, then obviously someone is going to try and cheat you!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

No, its not true. Yes, Facebook is a different thing altogether although not all bad is about it. It depends on how you appear to others, if you appear to be very emotional, sensitive and volunteer a lot of personal information, then obviously someone is going to try and cheat you!

I have 180 friends on Facebook and all are real, most of them are famous writers on different websites a few my former coworkers. How can I say they are frauds. They are with me for years although I do not go to Facebook but use it as a sharing/bookmarking site. That depends how you use it.

I have 180 friends on Facebook and all are real, most of them are famous writers on different websites a few my former coworkers. How can I say they are frauds. They are with me for years although I do not go to Facebook but use it as a sharing/bookmarking site. That depends how you use it.

Same here, I do use facebook since there is always something going on among the friends.I too have only known people as friends and I have 91 friends some of whom have been recommended by other friends..But otherwise it is mostly family,relatives and friends in real life and some online friends who I know for a number of years...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Same here, I do use facebook since there is always something going on among the friends.I too have only known people as friends and I have 91 friends some of whom have been recommended by other friends..But otherwise it is mostly family,relatives and friends in real life and some online friends who I know for a number of years...

I too use facebook and me too don't have much friends. Most of my friends are school and college friends and others are relatives.

Want to make each day Accountable

I too use facebook and me too don't have much friends. Most of my friends are school and college friends and others are relatives.

In fact I have found a few sure shot ways to make money through Facebook without making much effort.

In fact I have found a few sure shot ways to make money through Facebook without making much effort.

Thats very interesting Sunil, you must write a blog on it ! I am sure you will get hundreds of views for it :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.