The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
[quote="RAM PROSAD ACHARYYA" post=295470]Self reading and understanding is a good habit for a student and then it will be easy to a teacher to guide them.

I agree ! This should be done at home,children should be taught to read and develop an interest in books , this automatically makes them take an interest in their study materials as well and they perform better at their studies.A developed interest in books and reading has many all round benefits for an individual in his career as well as building and shaping one's personality ..

Ha ha ha!! That's the very kind of serious interest my son reads the books with!!! :laugh: My son will sometimes read even books that have no pictures, so that makes me proud to think that he will surely turn into a serious reader! :laugh:

:cheer: Thats really nice, children only look upto their parents and immediate surroundings during those formative years,in fact even negativity is built by parents.It has been told that children listen to No much more than any other words from their parents - No don't go there,Don't do this, don't eat that, dont ...no wonder that they grow up with a fear complex and a negative feeling towards trying out anything new..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

This thread inspired me alot, I am thinking that, I should make my kids to have reading habit from their primary age.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

:) I am agree with you. Book helpful in increasing knowledge. Although other means of reading like internet or computes are available in these days but it is my experience that with help of book children can learn better.

Hi anil, I agree with what you say :) books are any day better than computers or for that matter anything else like a video game .Reading books increases concentration which is very essential for students...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

:) I am agree with you. Book helpful in increasing knowledge. Although other means of reading like internet or computes are available in these days but it is my experience that with help of book children can learn better.

Hi anil, I agree with what you say :) books are any day better than computers or for that matter anything else like a video game .Reading books increases concentration which is very essential for students...

What I feel is that although reading on computers is an option, but it is not good for young children since they will easily get distracted by other things they can do like play games etc. and also the radiation from computers is harmful at a very young age. But encouraging them to read from books is a more healthy way and more importantly, it is habit forming, once they are used to reading books, it will stay with them forever!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I feel reading on book is good for anyone, we can carry the books anywhere. there is alot of difference between book reading and internet reading

In the practical way reading habits is must important for children and its is first phase of education. its make easy to find out next step.

What I feel is that although reading on computers is an option, but it is not good for young children since they will easily get distracted by other things they can do like play games etc. and also the radiation from computers is harmful at a very young age. But encouraging them to read from books is a more healthy way and more importantly, it is habit forming, once they are used to reading books, it will stay with them forever!

Very true, using a Computer has its own disadvantage and I personally feel that children should be at least 7 or 8 years old before they are allowed to use it to play games or anything else ...I have a relative whose son is 5 and a half years old, refuses to go to school but is supposedly an expert on computer, has a facebook account LOL...the mother instead of trying to reform at least some of his habits feels proud that someone so young is able to use computer so well and be on facebook :huh: ..

Very true, using a Computer has its own disadvantage and I personally feel that children should be at least 7 or 8 years old before they are allowed to use it to play games or anything else ...I have a relative whose son is 5 and a half years old, refuses to go to school but is supposedly an expert on computer, has a facebook account LOL...the mother instead of trying to reform at least some of his habits feels proud that someone so young is able to use computer so well and be on facebook :huh: ..

In the news channel, i have seen one boy who is just 12 years old and is the Expert of Share Market.

Want to make each day Accountable

thats great, I think he may having some support from any elder. then only he got such interest

thats great, I think he may having some support from any elder. then only he got such interest[/quote

Children's interest depends on environment. When the elders at home deal in share market and talk about this, the child got interested in share market.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.