The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
First they should be given interest through playing or telling story and slowly slowly they will gain habit and this will help to much in future.
But in English medium students do not want to read the mother language ie Bengali or Hindi. This is the problem.

Telling story definitely make the children interested in reading. But many parents consider reading comics, story books and other kinds of non academic book as a wastage of time. However, reading such books develop the habit in them of reading and should be encouraged.
Making children read story books then they will get interest in reading and then slowly any others like that we need to develop reading habit in them.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Making children read story books then they will get interest in reading and then slowly any others like that we need to develop reading habit in them.

My kids take interest in seeing pictures of comics as they are small and can't read but that's OK as they now show some interest in books hopefully once they start reading they will show interest. :)
But in future make them keep reading books and you also read some books infront of them then they will get more interest

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Books and reading was given a lot of importance a few years ago before the advent of computers and the internet, in fact every school had a well equipped library .Students also had a library period when they spent time reading and borrowing books from the library .One hardly hears of children going to libraries these days, in fact where are the libraries? they are all closing down since they have no customers.
Gandhiji rightly said " When you educate a boy you educate an individual, whereas when you educate a girl you educate an entire generation..." Education is no doubt very important, but unfortunately it has become a commercial proposition now with a definite goal of earning and bettering ones prospect without giving any importance or value to the aesthetic or intellectual side nor is it focused on enhancing one's knowledge in other fields.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I did my schooling in a very small town, where i still live. But, In our school there was no Library. Though, my school was of 4 floors, but there was no such facility.
When i went to College, i got the opportunity to go to the Library. First time in my life, I saw how library looks.
I was very happy to read there. I studied a lot in library.

Want to make each day Accountable

I did my schooling in a very small town, where i still live. But, In our school there was no Library. Though, my school was of 4 floors, but there was no such facility.
When i went to College, i got the opportunity to go to the Library. First time in my life, I saw how library looks.

It is good to know that you developed the habit of reading on your own.If it is there within you it just comes out when there is an opportunity.I have seen many village students extremely interested in books and reading, and they stay glued to books for hours together when they find one...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is good to know that you developed the habit of reading on your own.If it is there within you it just comes out when there is an opportunity.I have seen many village students extremely interested in books and reading, and they stay glued to books for hours together when they find one...

The silence which we get in library, we fend it nowhere. So, that's why people strict to that place.

The silence which we get in library, we fend it nowhere. So, that's why people strict to that place.

Thats true, nowadays even in larger book stalls they keep a few chairs and stools at convenient spots so that you can sit and browse before deciding to buy books.I remember I once spent an entire afternoon there :cheer:

Thats true, nowadays even in larger book stalls they keep a few chairs and stools at convenient spots so that you can sit and browse before deciding to buy books.I remember I once spent an entire afternoon there :cheer:

CROSSWARD is one library which i have seen in Ahmedabad, which is very good and at such places we like to spend hours and hours.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.