The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I did my schooling in a very small town, where i still live. But, In our school there was no Library. Though, my school was of 4 floors, but there was no such facility.
When i went to College, i got the opportunity to go to the Library. First time in my life, I saw how library looks.
I was very happy to read there. I studied a lot in library.

It is good to know that you developed the habit of reading on your own.If it is there within you it just comes out when there is an opportunity.I have seen many village students extremely interested in books and reading, and they stay glued to books for hours together when they find one...

The silence which we get in library, we fend it nowhere. So, that's why people strict to that place.

Thats true, nowadays even in larger book stalls they keep a few chairs and stools at convenient spots so that you can sit and browse before deciding to buy books.I remember I once spent an entire afternoon there :cheer:

CROSSWARD is one library which i have seen in Ahmedabad, which is very good and at such places we like to spend hours and hours.

Yes thats right Cross word has such a facility also Planet M which has books and so many other stationaries and stuff. Reliance book stores also have these facilities and they are very well managed since they have large stores and a huge staff..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Reading is a very good habit. It improves our knowledge in all direction. I wish everyone should have this habit

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Reading is a very good habit. It improves our knowledge in all direction. I wish everyone should have this habit

If you develop reading habits in earlier stage (Kids), then you don't need to each eerything. They themselves will learn and teach us sometime as well.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/

If you develop reading habits in earlier stage (Kids), then you don't need to each eerything. They themselves will learn and teach us sometime as well.

Very true Robert, once a good reading habit is developed, children don't need to be told to read and study since they have it in them anyway and this is something that will be there for life...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree. Picture books should be kept for babies. When they grow a little, bring pictorial comics. Even if they do not read, they will develop interest.

That was how i was drawn towards reading habit. I always used to stare at the amazing cover pages of the books lined up in my father's vast library. First. the pictures, then after some time the eagerness to know about that picture inside the book. All these things worked and prompted me to go for the reading habit.
I agree. Picture books should be kept for babies. When they grow a little, bring pictorial comics. Even if they do not read, they will develop interest.

That was how i was drawn towards reading habit. I always used to stare at the amazing cover pages of the books lined up in my father's vast library. First. the pictures, then after some time the eagerness to know about that picture inside the book. All these things worked and prompted me to go for the reading habit.

Yes we see children looking at the pictures from all angles sometimes probably trying to figure it out ...Later they also watch moving pictures on the television screen, but it is better to introduce them to the steady pictures first , so that they develop a curiosity about it and take an interest in books, and reading automatically follows...

Making children reading books is a good thing. It will be very helpful for them in future. Book reading hobby is a very great thing.

I agree sarala , that reading habit needs to be cultivated while children are still young ... :)
Since most of us members have added all we could on this thread, I guess it is time to close this thread since there is another thread with the same topic started by someone else recently...we can all contribute our thoughts there..

Making children reading books is a good thing. It will be very helpful for them in future. Book reading hobby is a very great thing.

I agree sarala , that reading habit needs to be cultivated while children are still young ... :)
Since most of us members have added all we could on this thread, I guess it is time to close this thread since there is another thread with the same topic started by someone else recently...we can all contribute our thoughts there..

Looking at all the recent posts here, I too agree that the topic is exhausted, hence locking the thread now! Thanks everyone for participating!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.