The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Is this justified? It is only natural that people have some expectations from others close to them.But where does one draw the line? When it goes beyond a certain limit ,this can lead to a lot of unhappiness and the relationship can suffer...

Yes this is right every person has some boundary and they help you till that boundary and after that they are not able to help you..........Good thing is that become self dependent.......................

This also is true, one must know where to draw a line and not cross the boundary!

To know the line of boundary person must be sincere and intelligent.Fool can always cross that line................
Is this justified? It is only natural that people have some expectations from others close to them.But where does one draw the line? When it goes beyond a certain limit ,this can lead to a lot of unhappiness and the relationship can suffer...

Yes this is right every person has some boundary and they help you till that boundary and after that they are not able to help you..........Good thing is that become self dependent.......................

This also is true, one must know where to draw a line and not cross the boundary!

To know the line of boundary person must be sincere and intelligent.Fool can always cross that line................

Not just fools, but people with good common sense also tend to cross a line many times!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

To be honest enough there is nothing wrong in harboring expectations as these are motivators. Now the question is how pragmatic and fair are these expectation. A father or mother expecting mental and physical support from their well-settled sons and daughters is perfectly legitimate in doing so!
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
To be honest enough there is nothing wrong in harboring expectations as these are motivators. Now the question is how pragmatic and fair are these expectation. A father or mother expecting mental and physical support from their well-settled sons and daughters is perfectly legitimate in doing so!

True true true!! Perfectly well said!!
4_12_3_2012-07-07.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee

What I have observed is that people making this statement are those who have very bitter experiences in fair exchanges. For example,once when one of my close friends behaved in a weird fashion,I resolved not to harbor any expectation - even decent conduct from any! Then I had a hearty laugh over all of it to expect it again!!
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8128]}

What I have observed is that people making this statement are those who have very bitter experiences in fair exchanges. For example,once when one of my close friends behaved in a weird fashion,I resolved not to harbor any expectation - even decent conduct from any! Then I had a hearty laugh over all of it to expect it again!!
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8128]}

That is so true!! With loved ones at least, the expectations never cease!

Not just fools, but people with good common sense also tend to cross a line many times!!

if they cross that line we cannot say that person with good sense.......

if they cross that line we cannot say that person with good sense.......

Not with expectations, I don't think it would be the right thing to say. Many times, the expectations are too simple and fair and yet the person upon whom those rest may feel burdened by them. So it is not related to good sense at least ALL TIMES!

Expect some unexpected things from people close to you. :lol: :dry: :dry: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Software Engineers never die...They just go offline.

http://jokesthegreat.blogspot.com
we often say to ourselves and others also that not to expect anything from anyone howsoever close he/she might be but actually some or the other time we do start expecting as because of human tendency.

a.s.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.