The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I personally find that posting only smileys as response defeats the whole purpose, no matter what the discussion is all about, doing it once in a while is alright , but I have seen members do just that with a couple of vague words typed in between.You should add smileys in such a way that it becomes part of your response instead of being the response.It is very easy to click on smileys and add them to your response.. :unsure: :blink:

Smilies would disappear as responses (total responses) as soon as these would cease to carry points. Clicking a emoticon as a response may matter to a particular member but has no value for another member or for the thread on the whole. No one should be allowed 5 points unless the post has fixed number of word count.

Smileys are as expressive if not more than written words
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8534]}
when used imaginatively. Anyway,I am going to use them as and when I consider appropriate - points or without them!

LOL...as long as they add to the value of discussion it is good,what I am talking about is those who add mostly smilies and less words in most of their posts ...

What else do you think I am talking about? You are talking about less words- I am talking about 'no words but emoticons'.

I am talking about that too...both are as bad, no words and only smilies or a couple of vague words and lots of smilies - I guess enough to gain 5 points ...

As long as there are few words with matching emoticons, this is all right as soon as emoticons are the only material available in the post, that could please a particular member but no value for the thread or no discussion material.

Thats absolutely right ! In most other sites posting only emoticans are considered as spamming ...

Maybe we should start that practice here as well!! Consider responses containing only smileys to be spam!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

now forums are bit interesting as alot of forums are been pulled out and even new forums are been created

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

now forums are bit interesting as alot of forums are been pulled out and even new forums are been created

Even now also i ma not able to find some interesting threads here on the forums.I expect you to create some interesting ones to get my interest back here. :)

Even now also i ma not able to find some interesting threads here on the forums.I expect you to create some interesting ones to get my interest back here. :)

Sanjeev there are number of interesting threads which are quite not only interesting but worth adding/sharing your views on the scene. You can find them easily.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Sanjeev there are number of interesting threads which are quite not only interesting but worth adding/sharing your views on the scene. You can find them easily.

Hmm.. how to find them? :laugh:

May be I have become lazy these days could not find any. :blink:
I personally find that posting only smileys as response defeats the whole purpose, no matter what the discussion is all about, doing it once in a while is alright , but I have seen members do just that with a couple of vague words typed in between.You should add smileys in such a way that it becomes part of your response instead of being the response.It is very easy to click on smileys and add them to your response.. :unsure: :blink:

Smilies would disappear as responses (total responses) as soon as these would cease to carry points. Clicking a emoticon as a response may matter to a particular member but has no value for another member or for the thread on the whole. No one should be allowed 5 points unless the post has fixed number of word count.

when used imaginatively. Anyway,I am going to use them as and when I consider appropriate - points or without them!

LOL...as long as they add to the value of discussion it is good,what I am talking about is those who add mostly smilies and less words in most of their posts ...

What else do you think I am talking about? You are talking about less words- I am talking about 'no words but emoticons'.

I am talking about that too...both are as bad, no words and only smilies or a couple of vague words and lots of smilies - I guess enough to gain 5 points ...

As long as there are few words with matching emoticons, this is all right as soon as emoticons are the only material available in the post, that could please a particular member but no value for the thread or no discussion material.

Thats absolutely right ! In most other sites posting only emoticans are considered as spamming ...

Maybe we should start that practice here as well!! Consider responses containing only smileys to be spam!!

+1 here

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Kalyani Nandurkar

+1 here

Even I would request here if the minimum number of characters may be increased so that spamming may be reduced here as I have seen few of the members get +5 so easily in comparison to others who take so much pain to write responses here. :blink:
Thank you said by: usha manohar

It would be interesting to know your views sarala as to which forums are more interesting to you ...I miss going through all those older discussions on nearly 200 odd pages and I did pull out quite a few of the ones I found interesting and surprisingly a few of those got some responses, so one can never tell..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha ji, some people feel some thing interesting, but the person may not feel same thing interesting. So keeping in such things we have to create forums as i feel. Mostly the threads about politics and the threads which have links wont get much response. The forums should be in such a way that all should feel interesting, the next also they should feel that what response has been given to their replies

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

+1 here

Even I would request here if the minimum number of characters may be increased so that spamming may be reduced here as I have seen few of the members get +5 so easily in comparison to others who take so much pain to write responses here. :blink:

That's great! So I think after reading this thread, maybe maverick is taking actions regarding the number of characters. This would seriously put a tight rein on certain type of users!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.