The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Am saying.....if moderators find that some posts are useless and purposefully posted to gain points.....then they can delete those posts without any intimation. By this way, points are also deducted. When every member here see his points being deducted this way, he will try his best to post quality content in his replies. It can improve our forum a lot.
Kalyani and Sarala can take this initiative. Sure, we can see its after effects...live... very soon in the forum.

I am in favor of stricter punishment as this is too easy to post a one worded comment under quote and get away with 5 points. But that is not going to happen. So never mind.

Yet, deleting unwanted posts can be seen as a starter for improving our forums...
Let us carry out with step by step.
Even if this first step is carried out properly for 1-2 weeks, we can very soon see disappearing of many irreverent posts newly posted here.
This steps can be done to newly added ones, not the older responses.

Just wait and watch, some positive changes are underway. You'll know soon about them.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Am saying.....if moderators find that some posts are useless and purposefully posted to gain points.....then they can delete those posts without any intimation. By this way, points are also deducted. When every member here see his points being deducted this way, he will try his best to post quality content in his replies. It can improve our forum a lot.
Kalyani and Sarala can take this initiative. Sure, we can see its after effects...live... very soon in the forum.

I am in favor of stricter punishment as this is too easy to post a one worded comment under quote and get away with 5 points. But that is not going to happen. So never mind.

Yet, deleting unwanted posts can be seen as a starter for improving our forums...
Even if this first step is carried out properly for 1-2 weeks, we can very soon see disappearing of many irreverent posts newly posted here.

Sunil, one worded or similar posts do not get five points. To get 5 points, a post has to contain minimum 50 characters. In any case, I have already started deleting senseless posts, mere thank you posts, posts copied from other sources and pasted here etc.

But there is only one can do so much. It really depends on how responsible each individual is towards being committed to quality! So let's us try and hope for the best!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Sunil, one worded or similar posts do not get five points. To get 5 points, a post has to contain minimum 50 characters. In any case, I have already started deleting senseless posts, mere thank you posts, posts copied from other sources and pasted here etc.

But there is only one can do so much. It really depends on how responsible each individual is towards being committed to quality! So let's us try and hope for the best!

Already started :blink: :blink:

Nice to hear so.....

If so, i have to count this answer too, if it has 50 characters.....

But one thing I have to add Kalyani....

Sometimes, even a simple smiley reply can add a lot of meaning to the posts. Isn't it?

Meera sandhu

Nice to hear so.....

Sometimes, even a simple smiley reply can add a lot of meaning to the posts. Isn't it?

Sometimes yes and sometimes no, and one can easily take advantage of such things, I have seen it happening here by some members posting dozen odd smilies as responses..Also, I feel that having a thank you button does not give any reason to post the same...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Nice to hear so.....

Sometimes yes and sometimes no, and one can easily take advantage of such things, I have seen it happening here by some members posting dozen odd smilies as responses..Also, I feel that having a thank you button does not give any reason to post the same...

Yes a smiley does add value at times and a thank you too is necessary. But those have been posted in response to what, that makes the difference many a times, I have found completely senseless posts being given thank yous and smileys.. So as a moderator, I have to differentiate between such posts and this is crucial! I think that I am doing this quite satisfactorily!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Nice to hear so.....

Yes...that's why I added the word 'sometimes'.

Sometimes, it takes a lot of effort for me to search a particular smiley to fit into the situation. If am searching from my personal collection, it takes more time, even 15 minutes or more, as i have downloaded a large number of gifs. Sometimes needed to search all the 4 folders to get the desired one.
Posting smileys are also difficult sometimes. I just check, if it suits that situation or not

Meera sandhu
I personally find that posting only smileys as response defeats the whole purpose, no matter what the discussion is all about, doing it once in a while is alright , but I have seen members do just that with a couple of vague words typed in between.You should add smileys in such a way that it becomes part of your response instead of being the response.It is very easy to click on smileys and add them to your response.. :unsure: :blink:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I personally find that posting only smileys as response defeats the whole purpose, no matter what the discussion is all about, doing it once in a while is alright , but I have seen members do just that with a couple of vague words typed in between.You should add smileys in such a way that it becomes part of your response instead of being the response.It is very easy to click on smileys and add them to your response.. :unsure: :blink:

Smilies would disappear as responses (total responses) as soon as these would cease to carry points. Clicking a emoticon as a response may matter to a particular member but has no value for another member or for the thread on the whole. No one should be allowed 5 points unless the post has fixed number of word count.
0006_2012-08-04.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Smilies would disappear as responses (total responses) as soon as these would cease to carry points. Clicking a emoticon as a response may matter to a particular member but has no value for another member or for the thread on the whole. No one should be allowed 5 points unless the post has fixed number of word count.

There is fixed number of characters. If you post lss than minimum, you get no points.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

i frequently use smileys in discussions, if am in good mood. But I have always tried to add them along with my written responses rather than adding smileys alone. I don't know whom you are pointing :dry: :blink: :blink:

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.