The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I personally find that posting only smileys as response defeats the whole purpose, no matter what the discussion is all about, doing it once in a while is alright , but I have seen members do just that with a couple of vague words typed in between.You should add smileys in such a way that it becomes part of your response instead of being the response.It is very easy to click on smileys and add them to your response.. :unsure: :blink:

Smilies would disappear as responses (total responses) as soon as these would cease to carry points. Clicking a emoticon as a response may matter to a particular member but has no value for another member or for the thread on the whole. No one should be allowed 5 points unless the post has fixed number of word count.

Smileys are as expressive if not more than written words
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8534]}
when used imaginatively. Anyway,I am going to use them as and when I consider appropriate - points or without them!
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
I personally find that posting only smileys as response defeats the whole purpose, no matter what the discussion is all about, doing it once in a while is alright , but I have seen members do just that with a couple of vague words typed in between.You should add smileys in such a way that it becomes part of your response instead of being the response.It is very easy to click on smileys and add them to your response.. :unsure: :blink:

Smilies would disappear as responses (total responses) as soon as these would cease to carry points. Clicking a emoticon as a response may matter to a particular member but has no value for another member or for the thread on the whole. No one should be allowed 5 points unless the post has fixed number of word count.

when used imaginatively. Anyway,I am going to use them as and when I consider appropriate - points or without them!

yes, I agree.
After all am a great admirer of smileys. That's why I am posting it here, to bring smiles to everyone's faces. I also disagree the classroom serious lectures in forums. But no one thinks about its difficulties to search and find an appropriate smiley to be used apt in a particular situation. Sometimes I take more than 15 minutes to find a particular smiley from my library which is a lot of time consuming too. Yet I do it.

Inserting smiley is an art. Only a few people have conquered it :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Meera sandhu

LOL...as long as they add to the value of discussion it is good,what I am talking about is those who add mostly smilies and less words in most of their posts ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Smileys are all suggestive of something significant and profound. All great art works are suggestive admitting of different interpretations by different persons depending on their respective backgrounds,culture and education.

yes, I agree.
After all am a great admirer of smileys. That's why I am posting it here, to bring smiles to everyone's faces. I also disagree the classroom serious lectures in forums. But no one thinks about its difficulties to search and find an appropriate smiley to be used apt in a particular situation. Sometimes I take more than 15 minutes to find a particular smiley from my library which is a lot of time consuming too. Yet I do it.

Inserting smiley is an art. Only a few people have conquered it :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

LOL...as long as they add to the value of discussion it is good,what I am talking about is those who add mostly smilies and less words in most of their posts ...

What else do you think I am talking about? You are talking about less words- I am talking about 'no words but emoticons'.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

quote="Sandhya Rani" post=248629]

yes, I agree.

Inserting smiley is an art. Only a few people have conquered it :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)[/quote]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What else do you think I am talking about? You are talking about less words- I am talking about 'no words but emoticons'.

I am talking about that too...both are as bad, no words and only smilies or a couple of vague words and lots of smilies - I guess enough to gain 5 points ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I am talking about that too...both are as bad, no words and only smilies or a couple of vague words and lots of smilies - I guess enough to gain 5 points ...

As long as there are few words with matching emoticons, this is all right as soon as emoticons are the only material available in the post, that could please a particular member but no value for the thread or no discussion material.

As long as there are few words with matching emoticons, this is all right as soon as emoticons are the only material available in the post, that could please a particular member but no value for the thread or no discussion material.

Thats absolutely right ! In most other sites posting only emoticans are considered as spamming ...

I agree, many a times smileys are used by most members as a means to add character count so they get 5 points, since they have nothing to say!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.