The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I personally find that posting only smileys as response defeats the whole purpose, no matter what the discussion is all about, doing it once in a while is alright , but I have seen members do just that with a couple of vague words typed in between.You should add smileys in such a way that it becomes part of your response instead of being the response.It is very easy to click on smileys and add them to your response.. :unsure: :blink:

Smilies would disappear as responses (total responses) as soon as these would cease to carry points. Clicking a emoticon as a response may matter to a particular member but has no value for another member or for the thread on the whole. No one should be allowed 5 points unless the post has fixed number of word count.

Smileys are as expressive if not more than written words
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8534]}
when used imaginatively. Anyway,I am going to use them as and when I consider appropriate - points or without them!

LOL...as long as they add to the value of discussion it is good,what I am talking about is those who add mostly smilies and less words in most of their posts ...

What else do you think I am talking about? You are talking about less words- I am talking about 'no words but emoticons'.

I am talking about that too...both are as bad, no words and only smilies or a couple of vague words and lots of smilies - I guess enough to gain 5 points ...

As long as there are few words with matching emoticons, this is all right as soon as emoticons are the only material available in the post, that could please a particular member but no value for the thread or no discussion material.

Thats absolutely right ! In most other sites posting only emoticans are considered as spamming ...

Maybe we should start that practice here as well!! Consider responses containing only smileys to be spam!!

+1 here

Even I would request here if the minimum number of characters may be increased so that spamming may be reduced here as I have seen few of the members get +5 so easily in comparison to others who take so much pain to write responses here. :blink:

That's great! So I think after reading this thread, maybe maverick is taking actions regarding the number of characters. This would seriously put a tight rein on certain type of users!!

Many time I have given this suggestion but it is never taken seriously. :blink:

I used to write longer responses when I joined Boddunan but when I saw few of the people just writing 5~6 words in a response I also started following them.And what's wrong in it when we have a better way to earn points then why should I too take pain to write longer responses. :blink:
I personally find that posting only smileys as response defeats the whole purpose, no matter what the discussion is all about, doing it once in a while is alright , but I have seen members do just that with a couple of vague words typed in between.You should add smileys in such a way that it becomes part of your response instead of being the response.It is very easy to click on smileys and add them to your response.. :unsure: :blink:

Smilies would disappear as responses (total responses) as soon as these would cease to carry points. Clicking a emoticon as a response may matter to a particular member but has no value for another member or for the thread on the whole. No one should be allowed 5 points unless the post has fixed number of word count.

when used imaginatively. Anyway,I am going to use them as and when I consider appropriate - points or without them!

LOL...as long as they add to the value of discussion it is good,what I am talking about is those who add mostly smilies and less words in most of their posts ...

What else do you think I am talking about? You are talking about less words- I am talking about 'no words but emoticons'.

I am talking about that too...both are as bad, no words and only smilies or a couple of vague words and lots of smilies - I guess enough to gain 5 points ...

As long as there are few words with matching emoticons, this is all right as soon as emoticons are the only material available in the post, that could please a particular member but no value for the thread or no discussion material.

Thats absolutely right ! In most other sites posting only emoticans are considered as spamming ...

Maybe we should start that practice here as well!! Consider responses containing only smileys to be spam!!

+1 here

Even I would request here if the minimum number of characters may be increased so that spamming may be reduced here as I have seen few of the members get +5 so easily in comparison to others who take so much pain to write responses here. :blink:

That's great! So I think after reading this thread, maybe maverick is taking actions regarding the number of characters. This would seriously put a tight rein on certain type of users!!

I used to write longer responses when I joined Boddunan but when I saw few of the people just writing 5~6 words in a response I also started following them.And what's wrong in it when we have a better way to earn points then why should I too take pain to write longer responses. :blink:

Others will do what they have to, but you need not change yourself! See, because of this, we have been denied the pleasure of reading more interesting posts from you!!! :angry:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

+1 here

Others will do what they have to, but you need not change yourself! See, because of this, we have been denied the pleasure of reading more interesting posts from you!!! :angry:

me.. :woohoo:

I am not a good writer Kalyani. :woohoo:

These days I seldom come on Boddunan as I don't get much of the time to be online moreover I am losing interest from here due to indiscipline for which admin is not taking care of. :evil:

Last time I was hurt you know why.This time I don't want to as I know I will unnecessarily put myself in some argument because I can't control myself if I see someone saying something wrong. I don't like people favoring their owns even they know that their owns are wrong. :evil:

+1 here

me.. :woohoo:

I am not a good writer Kalyani. :woohoo:

These days I seldom come on Boddunan as I don't get much of the time to be online moreover I am losing interest from here due to indiscipline for which admin is not taking care of. :evil:

Last time I was hurt you know why.This time I don't want to as I know I will unnecessarily put myself in some argument because I can't control myself if I see someone saying something wrong. I don't like people favoring their owns even they know that their owns are wrong. :evil:

Take it easy buddy, every cloud has a silver lining. :) :) ;)

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

usha ji, some people feel some thing interesting, but the person may not feel same thing interesting. So keeping in such things we have to create forums as i feel. Mostly the threads about politics and the threads which have links wont get much response. The forums should be in such a way that all should feel interesting, the next also they should feel that what response has been given to their replies

I agree with that partially since it is difficult to look for topics that interest all the members, however we should keep in mind what the majority wants if we are only interested in getting many responses...About posting links in the threads in my opinion actually makes it a lot more informative ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes it depends man to man. Some may be liked interesting and some not.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Yes it depends man to man. Some may be liked interesting and some not.

I think this depends on personal choice some people like light stuff while others prefer to go for complicated stuff. I like humorous.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

There are no new topics in forum.Everyday I just found only two or three new topics in forum.But I found much interesting in answering the quiz part and crossword games.But I think no points are added if we answer quiz or crossword.

Sharmistha Banerjee
There are no new topics in forum.Everyday I just found only two or three new topics in forum.But I found much interesting in answering the quiz part and crossword games.But I think no points are added if we answer quiz or crossword.

Please add some topic yourself and do not just blame others for not giving new topics.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

Sharmishta........are you sure, you have answered almost all topics discussed most recently :unsure: :unsure:

Have you seen the INDEX tab?
Just click it.....you can see all discussion categories.....
Select a catagory of your choice.....humours, general discussion etc......You can get more than 1000 topics under each catagory B) . For all unlocked threads, you can respond. please avoid milestones/achievement threads.
Am sure, you will find some interesting topics :)

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.