The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
So the verdict came finally, Sanjay will have to spend 5 years in jail for possession of illicit arm...he will have to stay in jail for remaining of his 3 and half years. He has 4 weeks before he goes to jail finally.

So, the adage, "Law takes its own course" has become true. A crime is a crime, done knowingly or unknowingly.

It also restores our faith in our country's legal system to some extent, I am glad that the judgment has even if it is late and may be a bit politically motivated given the timing when the elections are just round the corner..

I too feel that since it is now past 20 years after the bombings. But still seeing that the hi-profile like Dutta are punished, it is enough to have some faith still in the Indian judicial system.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
What surprises me is the kind of euphoria that has been going through the film crowd when it comes to Sanjay Dutt. There was Jaya Prada calling him very innocent person and unfair sentence, she is an MP and knows the whole case! Is she trying to say that the supreme court is unfair and not doing its duty, the same case with the rest of them! Not a single person says, yes he is a good man but law has to take its course and thats that! they probably expect to be treated differently just because they are celebrities and are famous people !!!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
What surprises me is the kind of euphoria that has been going through the film crowd when it comes to Sanjay Dutt. There was Jaya Prada calling him very innocent person and unfair sentence, she is an MP and knows the whole case! Is she trying to say that the supreme court is unfair and not doing its duty, the same case with the rest of them! Not a single person says, yes he is a good man but law has to take its course and thats that! they probably expect to be treated differently just because they are celebrities and are famous people !!!

I was just news some time back and was not really surprised to see all celebrities, politicians et al lobbying for Sanjay Dutt and claiming his innocence. What is most worrying and irritating is the statement from Markandey Katju saying that since Dutt has a suffered a lot on personal front in the last 30 years, he should be given special consideration and should be pardoned! :blink: :blink:

I was just news some time back and was not really surprised to see all celebrities, politicians et al lobbying for Sanjay Dutt and claiming his innocence. What is most worrying and irritating is the statement from Markandey Katju saying that since Dutt has a suffered a lot on personal front in the last 30 years, he should be given special consideration and should be pardoned! :blink: :blink:

What has absolutely stunned me is the statement of Jaya Bacchan, she displayed audacity of a rare kind by describing the Supreme Court's judgement as rubbish!! She is a member of parliament - cry my countrymen cry!!! A law-maker is supposed to know that it applies equally and evenly to all and that is what it should be!! A law doesn't differentiate between a progeny of the Dutt or Bacchan family and a commoner like me!!!

What has absolutely stunned me is the statement of Jaya Bacchan, she displayed audacity of a rare kind by describing the Supreme Court's judgement as rubbish!! She is a member of parliament - cry my countrymen cry!!! A law-maker is supposed to know that it applies equally and evenly to all and that is what it should be!! A law doesn't differentiate between a progeny of the Dutt or Bacchan family and a commoner like me!!!

Now she is planning to go the Maharashtra Governor with an appeal to pardon Sanjay Dutt because according to her he has been punished enough for 20 years...what 20 years is she talking? the success of his films, 2 marriages ,kids, politics - i dont see any punishment there , rather a comfortable and luxurious life style that most common people can only dream of....

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Now she is planning to go the Maharashtra Governor with an appeal to pardon Sanjay Dutt because according to her he has been punished enough for 20 years...what 20 years is she talking? the success of his films, 2 marriages ,kids, politics - i dont see any punishment there , rather a comfortable and luxurious life style that most common people can only dream of....

Yes, I think that is what she is talking about, always being in the news for wrong reasons is what she might be equaling to sufferings! This is what comes from allowing hare-brained cine stars to represent the country in the hallowed portals of our Parliament, indeed a time to cry for us all! :blink:

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Despite good money, comforts and films, Sanjay Dutt has faced court case under TADA and illegal possession of arms. This would have given him intense mental agony. That is what Jaya means. But this is no cause for pardon. every accused faces such agony. Moreover, Supreme court has confirmed minimum sentence viz. five years inclusive of the period already spent in jail.
It is useless for Sanjay Dutt to beg for pardon. He has already been jailed and convicted. So, he has lost honor- whether he is sent to jail or the sentence is waived.
The film industry is shedding crocodile tears for Sanjay Dutt. During imprisonment, he cannot act in the films he had signed. This is the issue with them. But they should have anticipated this when Sanjay Dutt signed those films.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee, usha manohar

Despite good money, comforts and films, Sanjay Dutt has faced court case under TADA and illegal possession of arms. This would have given him intense mental agony. That is what Jaya means. But this is no cause for pardon. every accused faces such agony. Moreover, Supreme court has confirmed minimum sentence viz. five years inclusive of the period already spent in jail.
It is useless for Sanjay Dutt to beg for pardon. He has already been jailed and convicted. So, he has lost honor- whether he is sent to jail or the sentence is waived.
The film industry is shedding crocodile tears for Sanjay Dutt. During imprisonment, he cannot act in the films he had signed. This is the issue with them. But they should have anticipated this when Sanjay Dutt signed those films.

That is exactly why the netire film industry is lobbying for him, if he goes to jail they stand to lose more than 250 crores! But none of these are willing to spare a thought for the innocent victims who lost their lives in the bombings and even for a woman who was duped an acquaintance to hold arms for him in her house, she did not even know the contents of what this person entrusted to her, now she is languishing in jail for so many years without trial. But the industry is too busy only to protect their own money and are not bothered with anything else.

@Gulshanji

You have hit the nail right on its head! Your comments do reflect both depth and perspicacity of mind on issues involved. I personally feel many of our legislators like Jaya Bacchan should be sent to schools once again! She horribly failed to distinguish the reel life from the real one. She should and must probe her conscience to find even a plausible cause for her holy anger directed at Supreme Court. Has her heart ever bled for thousands of under-trial prisoners some of whom are even above 70 rotting in jails pending trials? As a legislator has she ever thought of visiting jails to see things for herself? Shame, shame upon you!!!
Thank you said by: usha manohar, Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
According to me, Sanjay Dutt is neither a murderer nor a terrorist. He has not done any crime willingly. He bought a gun which was used in crime. The person who sold this gun to him must be caught. Instead of Sanjay Dutt the gun seller must be sentenced to jail for 5 years.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.