Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
My own feeling is that a public meeting need not be an indicator when it comes to voting.If the parties have gone all out to woo people and made arrangements for people to come in large numbers to attend the meeting, it does not mean that all those people are going to vote the person..

I agree. I remeber that when I was just ciollege student, I would attend meetings by all prominent leaders. Then I had no vote even.

I agree, i once stood for good 15-20 minutes listening to Mayawati in 90s without even knowing who she was. I thought she was addressing a union meeting. When I asked about her from someone standing nearby, hearing her speak so roughly against a particular section of the society. he looked at me and asked - Bhenji ko nahi janta? I kicked my scooter and went my way. there were hardly 25-30 people around.

Yet there is another trick smartly used by the techies. Stock photos of mammoth gatherings will be shown as the people who attended a particular leader's meeting. Yes, you are aware these tricks are meant to demoraise the leader's political adversaries. These fools do not know that a mass gathering is not an index of popularity but a nuisance .
Every hour I wake to the image of a young man before a microphone (Is he that young?) struggling with words, frequently rolling up the sleeves in confidence or nervousness I don't know but whatever he shoots ,flies above the heads of his bemused and amused audience!!! B) B) B) B)
Every hour I wake to the image of a young man before a microphone (Is he that young?) struggling with words, frequently rolling up the sleeves in confidence or nervousness I don't know but whatever he shoots ,flies above the heads of his bemused and amused audience!!! B) B) B) B)

LOL...He is anyway a figure of fun but I find most politicians doing this , the funniest is Sonia gandhi with her Italianised Hindi, some of the words sound so ludicrous and one can see the audience guffawing.Honestly even Modi comes up with quite a few blunders that can easily be avoided.I have a feeling he gets carried away while speaking and says anything that comes to his mind ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
In politics there are different parameter for determining the age of young, and many a times surprised by saying the leader of young is so and so.

http://mohanmekap.com/

LOL...He is anyway a figure of fun but I find most politicians doing this , the funniest is Sonia gandhi with her Italianised Hindi, some of the words sound so ludicrous and one can see the audience guffawing.Honestly even Modi comes up with quite a few blunders that can easily be avoided.I have a feeling he gets carried away while speaking and says anything that comes to his mind ...

Politicians in general behave like possessed people, the moment they mount a platform and hold a mike. If you sieve their speeches you will get more husk and less grain.

We are a multi lingualist nation and communicate in English or Hindi on national platform. People from different regions cannot speak in same ascent. When a language is spoken in large geographical area, theree can be many variations. We have to accept Hindi and English both in various forms. Sonia Gandhi's Italian ascent, Patil's Marathi, Modi's Gujarati, Pranab Mukherjee's Bengal ascent and variation in language usage- all have to be accepted. There is nothing funny about this. What matters is content and not perfection in language.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Reading from a prepared text is neither showing ones competence nor ones ground knowledge - Here in Mangalore the most awaited events for the 2014 election are two - one is Modi's speech , which inspite of all his flip flops people seem to like and identify with, and Sonia gandhi's speech, for which people throng for obvious reasons....the last state election one is still not forgotten... :cheer: :cheer:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In the yesteryears, most politicians were also noted for their excellent diction and oratory skills, but then they used to be also well educated during those days! Nowadays, with the exception of a handful few, all we get is the chaff separated form good grains! :blink: So it is not surprising the kind of goof-ups shown won stage!

I must also shamefully confess that I quite enjoyed listening to Laluprasad Yadav speak! Even though his language is quite coarse, the entertainment was too good to miss! :laugh: :woohoo: :woohoo:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

My own feeling is that a public meeting need not be an indicator when it comes to voting.If the parties have gone all out to woo people and made arrangements for people to come in large numbers to attend the meeting, it does not mean that all those people are going to vote the person..

Yes, that terrible lesson was learned by even Indira Gandhi and her son Rajiv Gandhi!! What I have observed over the decades that Indian voters, though may not be as sophisticated or literate - but never failed in booting out corrupt governments and their leaders!!
This is the story of a 'young man' who suddenly finds himself among the expecting crowd. ... He doesn't know much about what he is trying to say, but fortunately he does—because he has been provided a paper with details and points ..... The minute he looks a the crowd, he forgets all he wanted to say and begins stammering. But he can get away with it, he comes from the royal family. And who knows, he may well be the future king, so be prepared.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.