Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Honesty is not the Best policy ?

    by » 4 years ago


    It is true that remaining honest in many depts of government and private companies is very difficult. For every honest person there are perhaps 100 ready to accept favors dishonestly. Thus the honest person is not only disliked but also hated. Usually he gets transferred to places where there is very little scope of dishonest dealings like record keeping, library or technical or statistical depts. and is condemned to a isolationist existence. Grudging respect is all he gets for being honest .


  • Re: Honesty is not the Best policy ?

    by » 4 years ago


    If some wants to remain honest but it is very hard at present. Koyley ki dalai main hath to kaley ho hi jayngey.   


  • Re: Honesty is not the Best policy ?

    by » 4 years ago


    anil wrote:

    If some wants to remain honest but it is very hard at present. Koyley ki dalai main hath to kaley ho hi jayngey.   

    One must see the things in real perspective. In the present scenario in every sphere of our life Dishonesty is ruling the roost. There is no such place where you cannot see dishonesty Keeping this point in view, if one wants to stick to Honesty, he is bound to face not only failure but ridicule.

    Wisdom lies in acting according to the times.

     


  • Re: Honesty is not the Best policy ?

    by » 4 years ago


    Lopamudra wrote:

    Unfortunate instances mentioned in the article and posts . Corruption does seem to be a way of life for many.But that can not mean honesty is obsolete or passe. It is one's personal choice and preference. For me, it is better to be side stepped or transferred because of my honesty than reach great heights through dishonesty . I can face the world if I've been wronged but I'll not be able to answer to myself if I have done wrong. Depends on priority. Moreover, I would still like to believe that honesty does pay in most cases if coupled with hard work and being street-smart/worldly wise. An honest person can be worldly wise as well.

    I have grown cynical over the years but I tend to agree with you...Personally I would rather be honest and face the consequences rather than be dishonest and feel guilty all my life.I have had to face several blockades due to this stand but at least I can look back without any remorse.


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: Honesty is not the Best policy ?

    by » 4 years ago


    By being honest, one is boundto earn more foes than friends. It's not all, you will be subjected to ridicule. Times are changing. Along with the times the moral values also bound to change. It's here you are bound to exercise  discrimination. It's an exercise in futility to stick to worn out sayings and beliefs and repent all along the life.

     


  • Re: Honesty is not the Best policy ?

    by » 4 years ago


    rambabu wrote:

    By being honest, one is boundto earn more foes than friends. It's not all, you will be subjected to ridicule. Times are changing. Along with the times the moral values also bound to change. It's here you are bound to exercise  discrimination. It's an exercise in futility to stick to worn out sayings and beliefs and repent all along the life.

     

    Dear Ram babu gaaru,

     

    I second your opinion about earning foes than friends. In a way when we reply to our dear one's comments on social media, we are greeted with ridicule rather than appreciation (as already mentioned by you). I think people like to listen or read sugar coated things that falsify facts and satisfy their hearts....

    There used to be the good old days of learning, where honesty was considered the top value and liers were caught....


    Swetha Shenoy

  • Re: Honesty is not the Best policy ?

    by » 4 years ago


    Swetha Shenoy wrote:
    rambabu wrote:

    By being honest, one is boundto earn more foes than friends. It's not all, you will be subjected to ridicule. Times are changing. Along with the times the moral values also bound to change. It's here you are bound to exercise  discrimination. It's an exercise in futility to stick to worn out sayings and beliefs and repent all along the life.

     

    Dear Ram babu gaaru,

     

    I second your opinion about earning foes than friends. In a way when we reply to our dear one's comments on social media, we are greeted with ridicule rather than appreciation (as already mentioned by you). I think people like to listen or read sugar coated things that falsify facts and satisfy their hearts....

    There used to be the good old days of learning, where honesty was considered the top value and liers were caught....

    First of all  let me express my joy on seeing you here after a long time. Coming to the thread, I fully agree with you that sugar coated and sycophantic talk and oily talks rather than the truth. That's why they say Truth is too bitter to assimilate.

     


    Thank you said by: Swetha Shenoy

  • Re: Honesty is not the Best policy ?

    by » 4 years ago


    I would prefer to be honest,dishonest- court any virtue or vice - to never,ever turn Swetha into a foe! I am perfectly aware of the consequences of such a foolhardy course,he he !!!!

    Thank you said by: Swetha Shenoy

  • Re: Honesty is not the Best policy ?

    by » 4 years ago


    chinmoymukherjee wrote:I would prefer to be honest,dishonest- court any virtue or vice - to never,ever turn Swetha into a foe! I am perfectly aware of the consequences of such a foolhardy course,he he !!!!

    Ha haha Chinmoy ji, no one, i repeat no one can beat you in the war of words!!!!

    I am and always be glad and humble to have you consider me as your friend! I was trying to on emphasis on the fact that honesty, truth and straighforwardness have only few takers!


    Swetha Shenoy

    Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee

  • Re: Honesty is not the Best policy ?

    by » 4 years ago


    As stated by@Usha honesty gives courage to an individual to face situations and lead a peaceful life. For such life honesty indeed is the best policy.


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.