Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Really this is a matter of legal opinion. Here laws of two countries- Indian and Italian are involved. According to Indian law, Rahul Gandhi is a citizen by birth. He must be holding only Indian passport and not Italian. He is not bound by Italian law whatever that says. Accordingly, he can be P.M. if elected as leader by majority party or coalition. Moreover he is not just son of Sonia Gandhi. He is very much son of an Indian born citizen and ex Late Prime minister Rajeev Gandhi. However, if he holds Italian passport also, he may not be eligible. Some time back I watched a video on U Tube in which Subramaniam Swamy said that rahul Gandhi also cannot be P.M. but he gave no reason and just said that he would explain this at appropriate time.

Maybe Swamy thinks it is still not an appropriate time to reveal all he knows or presents the proof, still it is quite a well-known fact that Rahul Gandhi does hold a valid Italian passport so that rules him out for now!

If Rahul Gandhi holds Italian passport also, by implication he is an Italian citizen and has no business to hold any administrative job including Prime ministership. Possibly this could be reason why Congress is reluctant to project him as P.M.

Reluctant? But then why are they pushing and pulling around so much and declared him officially as their crown prince if they do not want to make him the PM?? :blink: :blink:

The Congress is wholly family owned and run organization. They cannot survive without Gandhi/ Nehru family. That is why they will always seek Gandhi/ Nehru family guidance and control. They will be using Gandhi family to keep the party united and win the elections. However if Rahul Gandhi cannot be made P.M. owing to any compulsion, some body else will be P.M. and we shall be fed with 'sacrifice of Nehru/ Gandhis- from Pt Nehru to Rahul-'.

Yes, more sob stories starting with 'mere dada, meri dadi, mere papa, meri maa! :blink: :blink: :blink:

Rahul gandhi is at an age and stage in his life where he has had enough political exposure and maturity , which would probably have been an added advantage along with all other special advantages he has been endowed with ! But the very fact that inspite of all this if he cuts such a sorry figure it shows the level of the sychopancy that exists in Congress party which went all out to project him as if they have noone better than him, even in an otherwise brilliant economist like Manmohan singh who now is under shadows for his many misdeeds...I feel that in the past decade the party has only exposed itself of all the negative qualities it has and its inability to change with time .Times have changed and so have people in this country, the media is playing a major role in making the citizens aware and also think about the various options available to the.Congress party is either blind or far too arrogant( one can see it in the way their spokespersons speak as if they own the country, absolutely no humility) and is setting a very bad example for other smaller parties like SP as well...

There is no provision for apprenticeship training for a budding prime minister!! He has attained that age at which some of leaders of the world including India became actually 'trainers'!!! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
Really this is a matter of legal opinion. Here laws of two countries- Indian and Italian are involved. According to Indian law, Rahul Gandhi is a citizen by birth. He must be holding only Indian passport and not Italian. He is not bound by Italian law whatever that says. Accordingly, he can be P.M. if elected as leader by majority party or coalition. Moreover he is not just son of Sonia Gandhi. He is very much son of an Indian born citizen and ex Late Prime minister Rajeev Gandhi. However, if he holds Italian passport also, he may not be eligible. Some time back I watched a video on U Tube in which Subramaniam Swamy said that rahul Gandhi also cannot be P.M. but he gave no reason and just said that he would explain this at appropriate time.

Maybe Swamy thinks it is still not an appropriate time to reveal all he knows or presents the proof, still it is quite a well-known fact that Rahul Gandhi does hold a valid Italian passport so that rules him out for now!

If Rahul Gandhi holds Italian passport also, by implication he is an Italian citizen and has no business to hold any administrative job including Prime ministership. Possibly this could be reason why Congress is reluctant to project him as P.M.
Dual citizenship in India is not there and if a person have passport of other country then his passport of India sieged to be exist. If it is true then it is difficult for him to reach to top post, though I am apprehensive abt. his party coming to power again, unless some smart decision making and real work not tokenisms comes to people.

http://mohanmekap.com/

I believe India in the next few decades would be a big challenge for any person aspiring to tackle her affairs as PM. Even I have reservations about Modi. He might fit into it as stop-gap unless he graduates from a rabble-rouser to the status of a statesman!!
I believe India in the next few decades would be a big challenge for any person aspiring to tackle her affairs as PM. Even I have reservations about Modi. He might fit into it as stop-gap unless he graduates from a rabble-rouser to the status of a statesman!!

Seeing the shambles the country is it, it will definitely be quite a challenge for anyone including Modi. But we have already seen that he can get things done around and change things for better so let us hope he can manage well, in case he becomes the PM. Also when we see the current crop of candidates in running for PM, Modi is better than anyone else at the moment!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Seeing the shambles the country is it, it will definitely be quite a challenge for anyone including Modi. But we have already seen that he can get things done around and change things for better so let us hope he can manage well, in case he becomes the PM. Also when we see the current crop of candidates in running for PM, Modi is better than anyone else at the moment!

He looks better but he has to radically transform himself from the image of street-level fighter to that of a true statesman!!

He looks better but he has to radically transform himself from the image of street-level fighter to that of a true statesman!!

He is a Gujju to the core so I have no doubts he can do that effortlessly. But of course, time alone will tell how effortlessly or otherwise that will happen!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

He is a Gujju to the core so I have no doubts he can do that effortlessly. But of course, time alone will tell how effortlessly or otherwise that will happen!

Let it remain in the womb of the future but at the time moment he is ahead in the race!! :P :P
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Reluctant? But then why are they pushing and pulling around so much and declared him officially as their crown prince if they do not want to make him the PM?? :blink: :blink:

The Congress is wholly family owned and run organization. They cannot survive without Gandhi/ Nehru family. That is why they will always seek Gandhi/ Nehru family guidance and control. They will be using Gandhi family to keep the party united and win the elections. However if Rahul Gandhi cannot be made P.M. owing to any compulsion, some body else will be P.M. and we shall be fed with 'sacrifice of Nehru/ Gandhis- from Pt Nehru to Rahul-'.

Yes, more sob stories starting with 'mere dada, meri dadi, mere papa, meri maa! :blink: :blink: :blink:

Rahul gandhi is at an age and stage in his life where he has had enough political exposure and maturity , which would probably have been an added advantage along with all other special advantages he has been endowed with ! But the very fact that inspite of all this if he cuts such a sorry figure it shows the level of the sychopancy that exists in Congress party which went all out to project him as if they have noone better than him, even in an otherwise brilliant economist like Manmohan singh who now is under shadows for his many misdeeds...I feel that in the past decade the party has only exposed itself of all the negative qualities it has and its inability to change with time .Times have changed and so have people in this country, the media is playing a major role in making the citizens aware and also think about the various options available to the.Congress party is either blind or far too arrogant( one can see it in the way their spokespersons speak as if they own the country, absolutely no humility) and is setting a very bad example for other smaller parties like SP as well...

There is no provision for apprenticeship training for a budding prime minister!! He has attained that age at which some of leaders of the world including India became actually 'trainers'!!! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

But we are 'trainees' by nature. see every time we go to participate in an international competition of sports we come back empty handed saying we were there for the sake of experience, even if the same team had been participating for last 20 years. same goes for our politicians, they are called young Turks up to 70 because the sitting leaders are not yet ready to retire. Rahul is too young to be called trained or experienced yet.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I think he has realized this fact that he has to lift himself in order to bear the burden of leading the country. Modi, has raised himself from the 'Tea Boy' to the level of the CM of one of the prosperous states of the country and to the PM candidate of one of the biggest party. I hope he will not face any hardships in raising himself to the true statesman level also.
Of course he can. For that matter any citizen can become the PM of India. Incumbency may be one factor which may work against him in the next general election, but sooner or later he is going to become the PM of India.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.