Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

@ Kalyani ash gourd halwa is a very popular dish in South Kanara and since it grows in most households , we end up making Halwa with the whole ash gourd which lasts for a week or so..

@ Vijay I guess we can move away to dishes other than sweets ...Although we have fish and sea food almost on a daily basis in most households in Mangalore, one can never get fed up of it. I love crabs and prawn biriyani..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I love stuffed parathas. Stuffed peas and sattu parathas are my favorite

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

In Bangalore, once I tasted beetroot halwa in one of the wedding. It was mind boggling and out of the world.

I was in Madras for just four months when on a certain channel I heard about beetroot halwa. I had never eaten it before so got interested and noted the recipe. Prepared it next day and it turned out to be very tasty. Be it gajar or beetroot halwa, both are delicious. It was absolutely new for me and when I came back to Kolkata, I specifically prepared it and each and everyone loved to eat it. It's truly very tasty.

shampasaid

Another tasty food item I like is a savoury dish made from jackfruit and potato. I tasted it the first time in a village at Rajasthan. It was cooked slowly over the chulla and tasted very awesome. 

vijay wrote:

The spicy fish cooked by Kashmiris and fish cooked with coconut milk by Keralites are also fantastic dishes. Sorry to have moved away from sweets.

No problem, the thread is about food items that one cannot resist so no restrictions on types. Coconut milk is used in fish and other meat preparations in Konkan Maharashtra too on a regular basis. In non-coastal areas, it is the dry coconut that is used and although I don't eat meat, I have tasted the gravies and they taste awesome, totally irresistible.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Arunima Singh wrote:

I love stuffed parathas. Stuffed peas and sattu parathas are my favorite

Parathas are my favorite too, potato, methi and a simple one I make with just onions, chilly powder and kalonji seeds with a little amchur. It is an absolute favorite in my home.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

In my college hostel mess every Saturday afternoon we used to be served stuffed aloo parathas with curd and seetafal (Gourd) sabji. Everyone used to relish it.

I have habit of eating some sweet after lunch and dinner. Indeed I like every food but liquid is my favroat. Butter milk, soups, shakes all I like too much.

Potatoes are great in any form ..One cannot think of life without versatile potatoes. Incidentally today after a long time I had chaat - sev,batata dahi puri and it was yummy ! Chaats have become an integral part of our lives even here down south although it must have originated from Gujrat or Rajasthan or UP, not sure though ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

anil wrote:

I have habit of eating some sweet after lunch and dinner. Indeed I like every food but liquid is my favroat. Butter milk, soups, shakes all I like too much.

I too love having soups, juices etc..Try this - boil 3 or 4 lime along with a piece of ginger in 4 cups of water. Cool and remove the seeds from the lemons and blend along with the skin adding a pinch of rock salt, pepper powder and some honey..You can dilute it further and drink chilled.It is very healthy and tasty too

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.