Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

I have habit of eating some sweet after lunch and dinner. Indeed I like every food but liquid is my favroat. Butter milk, soups, shakes all I like too much.

I too love having soups, juices etc..Try this - boil 3 or 4 lime along with a piece of ginger in 4 cups of water. Cool and remove the seeds from the lemons and blend along with the skin adding a pinch of rock salt, pepper powder and some honey..You can dilute it further and drink chilled.It is very healthy and tasty too

I am also very fond of liquids be it sweet or salty. @usha manohar a few days ago I got the recipe that you mentioned on a site. I wonder, those who suffer from acidity will be able to consume it or not. I wanted to prepare it but again because of acidity problem I did not do it.    

shampasaid

vijay wrote:

In my college hostel mess every Saturday afternoon we used to be served stuffed aloo parathas with curd and seetafal (Gourd) sabji. Everyone used to relish it.

Aloo paratha and curd are definitely a good combination. Even I enjoy it. By the way I think shitafal is custard apple and not gourd, which if I am not mistaken is lauki

Arunima Singh wrote:

I love stuffed parathas. Stuffed peas and sattu parathas are my favorite

I too love stuffed Parathas. Generally  I have them during my morning Breakfast.

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

I have habit of eating some sweet after lunch and dinner. Indeed I like every food but liquid is my favroat. Butter milk, soups, shakes all I like too much.

I too love having soups, juices etc..Try this - boil 3 or 4 lime along with a piece of ginger in 4 cups of water. Cool and remove the seeds from the lemons and blend along with the skin adding a pinch of rock salt, pepper powder and some honey..You can dilute it further and drink chilled.It is very healthy and tasty too

This sounds  very different and refreshing. Boil whole lemons??

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

Yes Kalyani the when lemons are boiled and they soften after they get cooked for a few minutes. You can also add some fresh mint  leaves while blending it 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

Yes Kalyani the when lemons are boiled and they soften after they get cooked for a few minutes. You can also add some fresh mint  leaves while blending it 

Boiling of Lemons is something new to me. I have shown it to my wife. She said, it is worth trying.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

I am also very fond of liquids be it sweet or salty. @usha manohar a few days ago I got the recipe that you mentioned on a site. I wonder, those who suffer from acidity will be able to consume it or not. I wanted to prepare it but again because of acidity problem I did not do it.    

Shampa, actually lemons are very good for acidity, so you can try it out without any worries. Traditional recipe for instant relief from acidity is to burn a sliced piece of lemon over fire until it turns brown, then sprinkle rock salt over it and eating it. So this recipe of Usha would also help a lot with acidity.

@Usha, thanks for the mint tip, it will help cut the sour taste and acridity of the lemon peels ! I will try it today.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

Shampa, actually lemons are very good for acidity, so you can try it out without any worries. Traditional recipe for instant relief from acidity is to burn a sliced piece of lemon over fire until it turns brown, then sprinkle rock salt over it and eating it. So this recipe of Usha would also help a lot with acidity.

@Usha, thanks for the mint tip, it will help cut the sour taste and acridity of the lemon peels ! I will try it today.

Kalyani, in Bangalore regular joggers at Lal Bagh have an opportunity to have various hot soups and broths made with vegetables, roots and herbs. One of them I had was with both lime, amla , ginger and some herbs. It was really good and the ladies are there only during early morning hours at the main gate  for a couple of hours ,since they are all working ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

Kalyani, thank you very much for the suggestion. I will definitely try it whenever there is a need. I usually get headaches due too acidity and it puts me totally off for the day. Thus, any tip that is helpful to get rid of acidity is always welcome.

shampasaid

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

Kalyani, in Bangalore regular joggers at Lal Bagh have an opportunity to have various hot soups and broths made with vegetables, roots and herbs. One of them I had was with both lime, amla , ginger and some herbs. It was really good and the ladies are there only during early morning hours at the main gate  for a couple of hours ,since they are all working ..

After reading the posts about the use of lemon by usha manohar and kalyani, I too got reminded of a medicinal value of a lemon suggested by a doctor to my domestic help. I had completely forgotten about it but now it suddenly popped up in my mind. She too used to suffer from acidity quite frequently and nothing helped her to recover. Then, a doctor suggested her to boil a glass of water with the juice of one lemon and a little salt in it. Then leave it to cool down  and drink it when the liquid is lukewarm. She did benefit from it. To be honest I really forgot this home remedy.

shampasaid

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.