Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

I have habit of eating some sweet after lunch and dinner. Indeed I like every food but liquid is my favroat. Butter milk, soups, shakes all I like too much.

I too love having soups, juices etc..Try this - boil 3 or 4 lime along with a piece of ginger in 4 cups of water. Cool and remove the seeds from the lemons and blend along with the skin adding a pinch of rock salt, pepper powder and some honey..You can dilute it further and drink chilled.It is very healthy and tasty too

Thanks I will try it.

Arunima Singh wrote:

I love stuffed parathas. Stuffed peas and sattu parathas are my favorite

I too love stuffed Parathas, in Bangalore there is a place in Cox town where you get all kinds of stuffed parathas , very tasty too ! I also like Jeera poories , methi poories  once had beetroot poories which were very tasty and different 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

I too love stuffed Parathas, in Bangalore there is a place in Cox town where you get all kinds of stuffed parathas , very tasty too ! I also like Jeera poories , methi poories  once had beetroot poories which were very tasty and different 

I also like stuffed parathas especially those stuffed with methi, sattu or radish. However I didn't know that poories can also be prepared by stuffing. So far I had only plain puries. Any idea how methi poorie or beetroot poorie is prepared?

jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

I also like stuffed parathas especially those stuffed with methi, sattu or radish. However I didn't know that poories can also be prepared by stuffing. So far I had only plain puries. Any idea how methi poorie or beetroot poorie is prepared?

I woulf think that the stuffing is mixed into the dough unlike in parathas where it is stuffed and then rolled out ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: jabeen
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

I make such puris, although they are not stuffed. For methi puris, you just chop methi leaves finely and mix withe the flour, add salt, chilly powder, hing, turmeric, sesame seeds, garlic paste. Pour 2 tablespoons of hot oil, wait for a few minutes and then knead the dough well. Knead it firmly and then makes puris as usual.

For variation, you can substitute methi with either spinach or fresh coriander leaves. Rest all, would be the same. I make these puris often for my son's lunch box.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: jabeen
usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

I woulf think that the stuffing is mixed into the dough unlike in parathas where it is stuffed and then rolled out ..

I think the basic difference is in the frying process. For poorie, one can roll out in the size and shape of a poorie after stuffing the flour ball. Now, deep fry them in a wok but for parantha,, shallow fry them in a tawa/griddle pan. 

shampasaid

@ Kalyani, thanks for clarifying  and the re ipe for stuffed puris ,  will definitely try out methi and spinach puris ..

@ Shampa , I always wonder if Paratha and Parantha are one and the same or if there is any difference in preparation?

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Stuffed paranthas are popular in whole country and most of people like it.In Delhi name of one street is prontho wali Gali. It is near old Delhi Railway station. Size of prontha is its speciallity. 

usha manohar wrote:

@ Kalyani, thanks for clarifying  and the re ipe for stuffed puris ,  will definitely try out methi and spinach puris ..

@ Shampa , I always wonder if Paratha and Parantha are one and the same or if there is any difference in preparation?

There is no difference at all. In north it is with 'n' sound and so it's parantha. Some pronounce it as paratha. Recipe is absolutely same. In Bengali it is said 'porota'. Bengalis roll out stuffed porota in round shape but if it's plain ones the it is usually rolled out in triangular shape..

shampasaid

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Stuffed paranthas are popular in whole country and most of people like it.In Delhi name of one street is prontho wali Gali. It is near old Delhi Railway station. Size of prontha is its speciallity. 

People in the Northeast India are traditionally rice eater. But in the last few years here at Imphal eating poories and parathas have also become popular. But many still don't know how to prepare them. So depend on the hotel. Many ladies do brisk bussiness selling only poories and a curry to go with it with some tea. Such hotels are usually opened only for few hours early morning.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.