Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Divya wrote:

I usually think rationally and i do not think i am superstitious but yes like the other mothers pointed out... when it comes to my kids or family the rationale goes for a toss, i do agree to do things which a rational mind will not agree. :) the biggest example being the naming of my daughter... as per her star the astrologer said her name should contain even number of letters... though i do not believe in these things, i still did not want to take a chance with my little one and i named her Ruhi :):)

So strange no! Though we are mentally strong mothers, we become emotionally weak. The fact is we don't wish to take a chance when our children are concerned. I remember, the priest during my son's naming ceremony asked us to name him with 'A' according to zodiac sign but I was not at all willing to do so because I had decided his name with 'S' as the names of my husband and mine start with 'S'. The priest then suggested me to say a name with 'A' for the ceremony and later we can use any name of our choice for the future purpose. Thus, then and there I named him Ankur but his school name is Soumil.    

shampasaid

Superstition is the belief which is based on irrational and illogical things which I believe has no place in the world of science.I am logical being and believe in things based on reason.

Thank you said by: rambabu

There are certain superstitions, we in India follow blindly. These superstitions sans logic.Following are some superstitions without logic.

Cutting nails and hair on Saturdays brings bad luck.

Keeping onions and knives under the bed will drive away bad dreams.

You will lose our wealth if you shake your legs are some of thesuperstions

I don't believe on superstition.I think superstitious things makes us fearfull.

Thank you said by: rambabu
KIRAN wrote:

Superstition is the belief which is based on irrational and illogical things which I believe has no place in the world of science.I am logical being and believe in things based on reason.

True,  but life is still a mystery with many things still undiscovered by human beings. It is also a fact that certain beliefs which were known to be  superstitious have been accepted as facts after research. When that happens people tend to believe more in other superstitious beliefs as well !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
KIRAN wrote:

True,  but life is still a mystery with many things still undiscovered by human beings. It is also a fact that certain beliefs which were known to be  superstitious have been accepted as facts after research. When that happens people tend to believe more in other superstitious beliefs as well !

I, for one, don't recall any superstitious belief being proven as a fact after research. People enjoy the thrill of believing in the supernatural, living amidst the mystery, because the truth actually is quite mundane. The ones who worship Logic and nothing else, those are the ones having a better view of life and the world.

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
KIRAN wrote:

I, for one, don't recall any superstitious belief being proven as a fact after research. People enjoy the thrill of believing in the supernatural, living amidst the mystery, because the truth actually is quite mundane. The ones who worship Logic and nothing else, those are the ones having a better view of life and the world.

I can tell you about one such belief that was prevalent iny town. When a crow comes into your garden or the surrounding of your house and begins to caw it was believed that you would have guests or visitors. This made sense during the old times because houses were far and apart and any new person coming would be sensed by crows living in the vicinity ..but it becomes irrelevant now ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Another superstition prevailing is, if some one sneezes when I start doing some thing, I consider it as a bad omen.

Aditya tripathi wrote:

I don't believe on superstition.I think superstitious things makes us fearfull.

One can fear what s unknown and once you know the reason and the truth behind any superstitious belief there is no reason for fear !

If a black cat crosses your way, it is considered as a bad omen. The person has to  come back home and sit for some time

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.