Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Apparently the Bar Councli has served a notice to AP Singh asking him for a response .. It is good to know that a serious view has been taken , otherwise men like him would think that they could get away with anything !

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/1890269/report-delhi-gang-rape-case-bar-council-serves-notice-to-defence-lawyer-ap-singh

Its good that some action has been initiated but since has made this outrageous statement in public view, he should be suspended from practicing his profession for at least a month or so.

The secretary of DBC's statement "Singh's statement was not only against the moral and professional ethics but also damaged the reputation of the legal profession." is very true and therefore he should be severely punished.

Many believe that it was an act of frustration on losing his case, which is quite ridiculous since he was only doing his job of defending the criminals as is required by law, with full knowledge that they had committed the heinous crime. And yet he had the audacity to speak such things! Which really proves his sick attitude! :sick:

I too feel that one can either win or lose and in this case it was expected that the criminals would get what they deserved, so why does he have to burst out like a criminal himself ? It does not refect well on his profession since people would wonder whether they have any ethics or does it get clouded by personal feelings ?

True...that shows all the other lawyers too in poor light. And if we put all the biases or prejudices aside, it still needs be remembered that winning or losing is a part of the profession and in this case, the there were glaring evidences against the accused so why such an outburst? I also wonder what his own wife and children might be thinking of this?

My experience with some of lawyers has been very frustrating and they do every thing to be in poor light and deservedly so! They are so immoral that they resort to all kinds of malpractices to fleece their clients by thoroughly exploiting the loopholes of our legal system. By striking a deal with opponents' lawyers they flagrantly violate the professional ethics to the detriment of their clients. The conduct of lawyers must come under the scanner in any exercise of comprehensive judicial reforms. But the question, who would undertake such an exercise?

True...that is why there is a saying that one must keep away from courts and lawyers at all costs! Why aren't people awakening to the fact that the entire judicial system and especially the lawyers are working collectively to keep the system free of any real justice and bring it under the scanner?? But like you said, who will do it? The government and ruling parties are busy only filling their vote banks and currency banks so who has the time to see if justice works or not? :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
Apparently the Bar Councli has served a notice to AP Singh asking him for a response .. It is good to know that a serious view has been taken , otherwise men like him would think that they could get away with anything !

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/1890269/report-delhi-gang-rape-case-bar-council-serves-notice-to-defence-lawyer-ap-singh

Its good that some action has been initiated but since has made this outrageous statement in public view, he should be suspended from practicing his profession for at least a month or so.

The secretary of DBC's statement "Singh's statement was not only against the moral and professional ethics but also damaged the reputation of the legal profession." is very true and therefore he should be severely punished.

Many believe that it was an act of frustration on losing his case, which is quite ridiculous since he was only doing his job of defending the criminals as is required by law, with full knowledge that they had committed the heinous crime. And yet he had the audacity to speak such things! Which really proves his sick attitude! :sick:

I too feel that one can either win or lose and in this case it was expected that the criminals would get what they deserved, so why does he have to burst out like a criminal himself ? It does not refect well on his profession since people would wonder whether they have any ethics or does it get clouded by personal feelings ?

True...that shows all the other lawyers too in poor light. And if we put all the biases or prejudices aside, it still needs be remembered that winning or losing is a part of the profession and in this case, the there were glaring evidences against the accused so why such an outburst? I also wonder what his own wife and children might be thinking of this?

My experience with some of lawyers has been very frustrating and they do every thing to be in poor light and deservedly so! They are so immoral that they resort to all kinds of malpractices to fleece their clients by thoroughly exploiting the loopholes of our legal system. By striking a deal with opponents' lawyers they flagrantly violate the professional ethics to the detriment of their clients. The conduct of lawyers must come under the scanner in any exercise of comprehensive judicial reforms. But the question, who would undertake such an exercise?

True...that is why there is a saying that one must keep away from courts and lawyers at all costs! Why aren't people awakening to the fact that the entire judicial system and especially the lawyers are working collectively to keep the system free of any real justice and bring it under the scanner?? But like you said, who will do it? The government and ruling parties are busy only filling their vote banks and currency banks so who has the time to see if justice works or not? :blink:

Personally I consider one lucky if can avoid a doctor, travel and lawyer. It is best to avoid disputes and settle matters peacefully rather than go to court. Law is the essence of democratic functioning and lawyers have the greatest role. Whether you are in judiciary, administration or legislature, you work according to law. So lawyers have prominent role. If salt loses taste, there is no way you can add taste to your food. Similarly, if lawyers lose their moral, nothing is left.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, chinmoymukherjee

Personally I consider one lucky if can avoid a doctor, travel and lawyer. It is best to avoid disputes and settle matters peacefully rather than go to court. Law is the essence of democratic functioning and lawyers have the greatest role. Whether you are in judiciary, administration or legislature, you work according to law. So lawyers have prominent role. If salt loses taste, there is no way you can add taste to your food. Similarly, if lawyers lose their moral, nothing is left.

Very true!! Some of them are a disgrace to this profession and most disturbingly their numbers are steadily on the rise. Corruption is particularly rampant in the lower courts and what I hear from others the situation looks like beyond redemption!!!
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Electronic media should not have shown that snippet where the defense lawyer boastfully accusing government, I think these medias should think of sanity and they should have filter these news, that is why I prefer to read print media where I can get to root of news. The time has come to ask honest questions to these electronic medias of covering such and such events, PM told about controlling social media in order to stop riots and also I suggest controlling and filtering electronic media in order to stop chaos and confusions.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Initially I thought no to reply as I am feeling sick with the mentality of some people.. The home pages of popular news websites are full of updates on this case but the comments are ridiculous to read.. Some say that the young women don't have dress sense, influence of bollywood, western culture influence etc etc.. or it is completely her fault that she moved out at night.. I agree that to some extent she has done a mistake by boarding a unidentified bus but people are passing comment in one angle only.

What happen to the 4 guys and the police .. Now the lawyer is just talking about his daughter.. what if he was hurt and teared in the similar way as the girl was done on that fateful night. He is simply diverting the case by stating such a biased comments. No one can ever think like him when the evidence clearly show that the girl was tortured and what is the point in talking about pre-martial sex etc.. He will only realize if he is tortured in the similar way.. (
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Initially I thought no to reply as I am feeling sick with the mentality of some people.. The home pages of popular news websites are full of updates on this case but the comments are ridiculous to read.. Some say that the young women don't have dress sense, influence of bollywood, western culture influence etc etc.. or it is completely her fault that she moved out at night.. I agree that to some extent she has done a mistake by boarding a unidentified bus but people are passing comment in one angle only.

What happen to the 4 guys and the police .. Now the lawyer is just talking about his daughter.. what if he was hurt and teared in the similar way as the girl was done on that fateful night. He is simply diverting the case by stating such a biased comments. No one can ever think like him when the evidence clearly show that the girl was tortured and what is the point in talking about pre-martial sex etc.. He will only realize if he is tortured in the similar way.. (

Indeed these are prejudiced, person. It is my question to this lawer if his son done it does he burned him alive. These type of persons are enemy of female child and girls. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Thank you said by: Rajani K

True Rajani! Nowadays these people do not think twice about what they are saying and where, it seems like everyone has lost control of their mouths, right from prominent politicians to professionals such as this lawyer! But then what does come out from their mouths are nothing but their real feelings that are sick in nature and downright degrading to the opposite sex!

Thank you said by: Rajani K

Indeed these are prejudiced, person. It is my question to this lawer if his son done it does he burned him alive. These type of persons are enemy of female child and girls. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Thats a good point you make anil, will he burn his son ? knowing his mentality, he will not because he comes from a feudal world where a male is superior and if he has raped and committed a crime it is because the girl was at fault for dressing and wandering about at night provoking all the wild beasts like himself...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thats a good point you make anil, will he burn his son ? knowing his mentality, he will not because he comes from a feudal world where a male is superior and if he has raped and committed a crime it is because the girl was at fault for dressing and wandering about at night provoking all the wild beasts like himself...

That is the typical attitude prevalent everywhere. It is the women who are supposed to bear all kinds of crosses even the fault lies somewhere else. It makes me shudder to think how gruesome and horribly women are still treated under the guise of traditions, religion etc. I read an article in a sunday newspaper where an account of a girl from a wandering tribe in Maharashtra was given. This particular tribe is called as Mhasanjogi and these people are only allowed to live in the vicinity of cremation grounds and they survive on objects, clothes etc. left on dead bodies. They keep wandering form place to place and a girl of 18, just married happened to walk all alone in a field to rescue her donkey. The owner caught her and raped her. When she reported the incident to her family, their Jaat mukhiya declared that she was innocent but she still was tainted. So they made her husband broke her mangalsutra, melted the gold from it and burned her tongue with melted gold. Her husband was then made to vow that he will take her back and treat her with proper respect and love! :blink: :blink: If she was innocent, why did she have to give that agnipariksha? This incident is not at all old, it happened recently! :sick:

That is the typical attitude prevalent everywhere. It is the women who are supposed to bear all kinds of crosses even the fault lies somewhere else. It makes me shudder to think how gruesome and horribly women are still treated under the guise of traditions, religion etc. I read an article in a sunday newspaper where an account of a girl from a wandering tribe in Maharashtra was given. This particular tribe is called as Mhasanjogi and these people are only allowed to live in the vicinity of cremation grounds and they survive on objects, clothes etc. left on dead bodies. They keep wandering form place to place and a girl of 18, just married happened to walk all alone in a field to rescue her donkey. The owner caught her and raped her. When she reported the incident to her family, their Jaat mukhiya declared that she was innocent but she still was tainted. So they made her husband broke her mangalsutra, melted the gold from it and burned her tongue with melted gold. Her husband was then made to vow that he will take her back and treat her with proper respect and love! :blink: :blink: If she was innocent, why did she have to give that agnipariksha? This incident is not at all old, it happened recently! :sick:

Oh my god ! how cruel can hman beings get ? Honestly there is no beast wilder and worse than human beings ....The kind of acts we are capable of doing is unimaginable ...Just imagine the plight of that poor girl ad what use is our law and government when they are unable to stop such violent acts..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.