Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
If anyone has read Salman Rushdie's work would like to know about his style of writing as I have heard that he has a more complex style. :unsure:

I have read his Satanic verses and Midnight's children and felt that he is overrated as a writer.If not for the controversy Satanic verses would never have become so popular nor made him so rich...It is banned in India !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I also love to read books.I read comics,detective romantic and lyrical books.I love to read the novel of Charles Dickens and now I am reading Great Expectation of Charles Dickens.

I too like Charles Dickens a lot ,his Great expectations is a classic and we had it for our English non detail in pre university.I like all his works and my favorites are Pickwick papers and A tale of two cities..

I too like A tale of two cities and The Great Expectations. In fact, some of the characters from this two novels are so unforgettable. I am reminded of Madame Defarge whenever I see anyone knitting. Like wise, cobwebs remind me of Miss Havison.

Yes thats true, in fact I remember that Agatha Christie's has borrowed the two characters in a couple of her novels , cant remember which ones...Dickens is an institution !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Present i donot have time to read books before and all i will not sleep without reading shake spear's stories.
I tried reading sulman rushidie and yes his writing is complex so left it between.. i am reading shiva triology.. Its a must read...

That is what most of the people say. :huh:

ha haa.. true... but i'll get back to him soon. His satanic verses are on my list due to which there is fatua issues on his name to be executed....

I tried going through the book review as to what was in the book that it was condemned so much. I have to admit that I even found the review complex. :laugh: Now that gives me a hint of the complexity inside the book. :silly:

Live in the present :)
I tried reading sulman rushidie and yes his writing is complex so left it between.. i am reading shiva triology.. Its a must read...

That is what most of the people say. :huh:

ha haa.. true... but i'll get back to him soon. His satanic verses are on my list due to which there is fatua issues on his name to be executed....

I tried going through the book review as to what was in the book that it was condemned so much. I have to admit that I even found the review complex. :laugh: Now that gives me a hint of the complexity inside the book. :silly:

If you like fiction. try with jeffary Archer or sydeny sheldon. You'll love them.

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
If anyone has read Salman Rushdie's work would like to know about his style of writing as I have heard that he has a more complex style. :unsure:

I have only read Rushdie's Midnight's Children and I enjoyed reading it, although sometimes his writing can become very difficult to understand.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I have got hooked on to John Grisham and have been reading one after the other of his novels.Finished with The runaway Jury,The Firm and The Testament , now reading The Litigators ...I think he is one of the best writers in the legal thrillers category !

John Grisham is definitely one of the best writers. Though I have read only few of the novels written by him like The painted house, The Testament, The associates etc I enjoyed reading them. Incidentally, The Painted house is not related to the legal stuff

I have read them all except The Painted House! is it good?

Same here, I too have not read The painted house and since now Jabeen says it is not legal stuff I am all the more curious to know about it..and Kalyani I have read both the ones you mentioned ( A time to Kill and The Client ) and I agree that they were both excellent books... :) Yesterday I sat up until 2 Am reading The Litigators..

They both belong in my favorites list. Grisham's Bleachers was also good and also was not related to legal stuff!

I have read his Satanic verses and Midnight's children and felt that he is overrated as a writer.If not for the controversy Satanic verses would never have become so popular nor made him so rich...It is banned in India !

I have only read Rushdie's Midnight's Children and I enjoyed reading it, although sometimes his writing can become very difficult to understand.

@ kalyani, repeating my post above .... :)

No problem Usha!! :) It was only because of the controversy he became so famous, otherwise I think there are many other writers who deserve that attention more than him!

No problem Usha!! :) It was only because of the controversy he became so famous, otherwise I think there are many other writers who deserve that attention more than him!

I too feel the same, in fact the fundamentalists though issued a fatwa against have actually helped him financially and also gain a celebrity status,his book which was earlier priced much lower in UK, was hiked up the moment India and the Muslim countries banned the book..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.