Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
What a range of her singing prowess!!!
From Babuji Dheere chalna to
Waqt ne kriya kya hasee sitam.
She remains immortal through her melodies.

List of Geeta Dutt's song is enough long, she also sung happy mood songs. Alo Mai Hari Piya Hui Teri jeet Rey.,
Khain Pay Negaheyan Kahi Pay Nishna.

Geeta Dutt had a different voice, more like Noorjahan because most female singers coming from Punjab were used to Soofi style. Once a Pakistani asked me 'why you female singers are so different and sound like Lata' but when he heard some others like Geeta, Kappor he had the real idea. Of course Usha Aiyyar is doing a great job. Geeta perhaps was at her best when she sang for Madhubala.

I agree that she has sung some of her best songs for Madhubala in films like Mr and Mrs 55,Police, Half ticket....In my opinion, the duet Udhar tun hassen ho from Mr and Mrs 55 is one of Geeta dutt's best duets ever ...and Police had beautiful duets with Hemant Kumar

This reminds me of a bhajan from Aanand Math, Jai Jagadish Hare, a melodious duet by Hemant Kumar and Geeta Dutt.
I have heard abt. this song, but never knew that was hilarious, song.

http://mohanmekap.com/

List of Geeta Dutt's song is enough long, she also sung happy mood songs. Alo Mai Hari Piya Hui Teri jeet Rey.,

Geeta Dutt had a different voice, more like Noorjahan because most female singers coming from Punjab were used to Soofi style. Once a Pakistani asked me 'why you female singers are so different and sound like Lata' but when he heard some others like Geeta, Kappor he had the real idea. Of course Usha Aiyyar is doing a great job. Geeta perhaps was at her best when she sang for Madhubala.

I agree that she has sung some of her best songs for Madhubala in films like Mr and Mrs 55,Police, Half ticket....In my opinion, the duet Udhar tun hassen ho from Mr and Mrs 55 is one of Geeta dutt's best duets ever ...and Police had beautiful duets with Hemant Kumar

This reminds me of a bhajan from Aanand Math, Jai Jagadish Hare, a melodious duet by Hemant Kumar and Geeta Dutt.

Hilarious ? It's a Bhajan, a devotional song. Please mark the opening lines of this Bhajan.

Hilarious ? It's a Bhajan, a devotional song. Please mark the opening lines of this Bhajan.

May be he got the word wrong, of course it is a beautiful bhajan picturised on Geeta Bali and Pradeep Kumar...Other than that Geeta also sang another bhajan Na mein dhan chahoo for the film Kaka Bazaar which was very popular..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: rambabu

May be he got the word wrong, of course it is a beautiful bhajan picturised on Geeta Bali and Pradeep Kumar...Other than that Geeta also sang another bhajan Na mein dhan chahoo for the film Kaka Bazaar which was very popular..

You reminded my favorite Bhajan. Tere charanonka dhool ban jaaoon. Na main dhan chaahoon, na ratan chaahoon.

You reminded my favorite Bhajan. Tere charanonka dhool ban jaaoon. Na main dhan chaahoon, na ratan chaahoon.

It is one of my favorites too...she has not sung many Bhajans although she has sung Rabeendra Sangeet in Bengali ! She has sung some extremely melodious non filmy songs and for those interested I am providig the youtube link here for two that are my favorites Haule haule and Yeh hawa yeh fiza...They really are beautiful !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CPI_DqTQPY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndoxnS7lLDc

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is one of my favorites too...she has not sung many Bhajans although she has sung Rabeendra Sangeet in Bengali ! She has sung some extremely melodious non filmy songs and for those interested I am providig the youtube link here for two that are my favorites Haule haule and Yeh hawa yeh fiza...They really are beautiful !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CPI_DqTQPY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndoxnS7lLDc

Both the non-filmi numbers are melodious . I never heard these songs. I bookmarked the two songs and hear them leisurely.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Geeta Dutt was a beautiful lady with a sensational voice . She was born today iin the year 1930....She was born in Faridpur a place which is now in Bangladesh and was one of the leading playback singers of the hindi film industry during the fifties and sixties...She met, fell in love and married the great film maker Guru Dutt .
Personally, I am a great fan of her voice and songs and am saddened by the tragic life she lead. This eventually made her an alcoholic and was the root cause of her early demise. However there are no two opinions about the fact that Geeta was an extremely talented singer who will be remembered along with other greats like Lata Mangeshkar,Asha Bhosle, Mohammad Rafi ,Kishore Kumar,Manna dey and others..

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10889]}

She was and still is one of our musical greats. The tragedy queen of the Musical world of India. She and her songs are so mesmerizing that a few Bengali hits which have been rendered by present generation of singers are equally successful giving us a fair idea of her popularity she enjoys today. It is, indeed, very cruelly tragic that she had a miserable personal life and had an untimely end - a great loss of the world of music!!
GEETA.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)
Thank you said by: usha manohar
You are Born to sing
I know these small lines cannot encompass your huge personality. You were born to sing. You were born to enthrall the music lovers with your melodious voice. We remember you always.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10893]}
A humble tribute
rambabu
Thank you said by: usha manohar, Devyani Sarkar
You are Born to sing
I know these small lines cannot encompass your huge personality. You were born to sing. You were born to enthrall the music lovers with your melodious voice. We remember you always.

A humble tribute
rambabu

Superb one! A great way to remember and pay respects to one of our beloved ones!!
You are Born to sing

A humble tribute
rambabu
Another great artistic beauty, as the lines here are showing the great personality of hers and thanks Ram babu for this enriching experiences, and whenever you make any art show please let us know so that I can carry time to be part of it.

http://mohanmekap.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.