Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
You are Born to sing
I know these small lines cannot encompass your huge personality. You were born to sing. You were born to enthrall the music lovers with your melodious voice. We remember you always.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10893]}
A humble tribute
rambabu

This is a master piece. Beautiful portrait of Geeta Dutt. Her songs were beautiful just like her.

Welcome.Her physical beauty exactly matches with her tonal beauty. Very few are blessed like Geeta Dutt,
To add on some more information about Geeta Dutt.....Geeta Dutt started the tend of singing club songs much before ASha did ! Many of her club songs have gone to become classics ..Mera naam chin chin choo,Chori lutere daaku,O babu O laala,Soch samj kar dil ko lagana, Aji o sun tho,Banki adayein dekh na ji dekhna...are a few that come to my mind, the list is really long !
She is brilliant in cabaret songs, which seems to be predominant in classic hindi movies. The flow of tunes coming out from her singing gives some unending attentions to the song, it is apparent she has created a space for herself in Bollywood singing.

http://mohanmekap.com/

To add on some more information about Geeta Dutt.....Geeta Dutt started the tend of singing club songs much before ASha did ! Many of her club songs have gone to become classics ..Mera naam chin chin choo,Chori lutere daaku,O babu O laala,Soch samj kar dil ko lagana, Aji o sun tho,Banki adayein dekh na ji dekhna...are a few that come to my mind, the list is really long !
She is brilliant in cabaret songs, which seems to be predominant in classic hindi movies. The flow of tunes coming out from her singing gives some unending attentions to the song, it is apparent she has created a space for herself in Bollywood singing.

She had a mesmerizing voice that captivated all the music lovers here and abroad. That's the reason she had carved a niche of her own in the Indian Musical world. She lives in the hearts of all forever.

She had a mesmerizing voice that captivated all the music lovers here and abroad. That's the reason she had carved a niche of her own in the Indian Musical world. She lives in the hearts of all forever.

In one of the interviews that I have seen some years back, Lata Mangeshkar spoke at length about other singers, also praised Geeta dutts singing style...She said that initially Asha Bhonsle was influenced by her style of singing and later developed her own style of singing ! We can actually see this in some songs like Tum jiyo hazaron saal...where Asha sounds more like Geeta..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

What a range of her singing prowess!!!
From Babuji Dheere chalna to
Waqt ne kriya kya hasee sitam.
She remains immortal through her melodies.

List of Geeta Dutt's song is enough long, she also sung happy mood songs. Alo Mai Hari Piya Hui Teri jeet Rey.,
Khain Pay Negaheyan Kahi Pay Nishna.

Geeta Dutt had a different voice, more like Noorjahan because most female singers coming from Punjab were used to Soofi style. Once a Pakistani asked me 'why you female singers are so different and sound like Lata' but when he heard some others like Geeta, Kappor he had the real idea. Of course Usha Aiyyar is doing a great job. Geeta perhaps was at her best when she sang for Madhubala.

There are singers like Noorjehan, Geeta Dutt who own a unique voice. Shamshad Begum , Kamal Barot and Salma Agha can be recognized their identity just by their voice

Kamal Barot had a baby voice which sounds very cute but for limited songs only...However, frankly I cannot stand Salma Aghas voice since it sunds too cultivated not at all natural like our old singers...Geeta of course was the best among the lot....According to many music experts Noorjehan had the perfect female voice but that again was in the old times.With changing times music and also preference of the public has changed ...

I think when we talk about baby-voice, perhaps Sharda will beat them all. It was the song like Titali udi ud ke chali filmed on Vaijayanti Mala sounded so odd on her. Lata's voice was ideal for that actress like Geeta Dutt and Asha suited most to Madhubala.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

List of Geeta Dutt's song is enough long, she also sung happy mood songs. Alo Mai Hari Piya Hui Teri jeet Rey.,

Geeta Dutt had a different voice, more like Noorjahan because most female singers coming from Punjab were used to Soofi style. Once a Pakistani asked me 'why you female singers are so different and sound like Lata' but when he heard some others like Geeta, Kappor he had the real idea. Of course Usha Aiyyar is doing a great job. Geeta perhaps was at her best when she sang for Madhubala.

There are singers like Noorjehan, Geeta Dutt who own a unique voice. Shamshad Begum , Kamal Barot and Salma Agha can be recognized their identity just by their voice

Kamal Barot had a baby voice which sounds very cute but for limited songs only...However, frankly I cannot stand Salma Aghas voice since it sunds too cultivated not at all natural like our old singers...Geeta of course was the best among the lot....According to many music experts Noorjehan had the perfect female voice but that again was in the old times.With changing times music and also preference of the public has changed ...

I think when we talk about baby-voice, perhaps Sharda will beat them all. It was the song like Titali udi ud ke chali filmed on Vaijayanti Mala sounded so odd on her. Lata's voice was ideal for that actress like Geeta Dutt and Asha suited most to Madhubala.

Oh, Sharada escaped from my memory. Yes. You are right. Sharada's baby voice suits only babies. Her full name is Sharada Iyengar. The famous duo Shasnkar- Jaikishen discovered her. She won a Filmfare award in 1970 for her song, "Baat Zara Hai Aapas Ki" in Jaha Pyaar Mile, though she is famous for Titli Udi song.

Sharada has sung some really nice songs in films like Around the World, Deewana and the duet Jab bhi yeh dil udhaas hota hai...also some other films where Shankar gave music like Street singer and a couple of others.I like some of her songs which probably sound quite nice because of her unique voice ... Aayega kaun yahan from Gumnaam was also a nice song of hers..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Sharada has sung some really nice songs in films like Around the World, Deewana and the duet Jab bhi yeh dil udhaas hota hai...also some other films where Shankar gave music like Street singer and a couple of others.I like some of her songs which probably sound quite nice because of her unique voice ... Aayega kaun yahan from Gumnaam was also a nice song of hers..
from internet I read, she was popular and even Lataji feeling the pressure of her presence, but surprisingly she faded away from Bollywood, what was the reason?

from internet I read, she was popular and even Lataji feeling the pressure of her presence, but surprisingly she faded away from Bollywood, what was the reason?

Lata feeling pressurized by Sharada ? I doubt that very much since Sharada did not have such a perfect voice as Lata Mangeshkar and Lata Mangeshkar was already well established by themn to feel threatened by anyone ...

Lata feeling pressurized by Sharada ? I doubt that very much since Sharada did not have such a perfect voice as Lata Mangeshkar and Lata Mangeshkar was already well established by themn to feel threatened by anyone ...
I am searching internet, what should be the reason,

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.