Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
What a range of her singing prowess!!!
From Babuji Dheere chalna to
Waqt ne kriya kya hasee sitam.
She remains immortal through her melodies.

List of Geeta Dutt's song is enough long, she also sung happy mood songs. Alo Mai Hari Piya Hui Teri jeet Rey.,
Khain Pay Negaheyan Kahi Pay Nishna.

Geeta Dutt had a different voice, more like Noorjahan because most female singers coming from Punjab were used to Soofi style. Once a Pakistani asked me 'why you female singers are so different and sound like Lata' but when he heard some others like Geeta, Kappor he had the real idea. Of course Usha Aiyyar is doing a great job. Geeta perhaps was at her best when she sang for Madhubala.

There are singers like Noorjehan, Geeta Dutt who own a unique voice. Shamshad Begum , Kamal Barot and Salma Agha can be recognized their identity just by their voice

Kamal Barot had a baby voice which sounds very cute but for limited songs only...However, frankly I cannot stand Salma Aghas voice since it sunds too cultivated not at all natural like our old singers...Geeta of course was the best among the lot....According to many music experts Noorjehan had the perfect female voice but that again was in the old times.With changing times music and also preference of the public has changed ...

I think when we talk about baby-voice, perhaps Sharda will beat them all. It was the song like Titali udi ud ke chali filmed on Vaijayanti Mala sounded so odd on her. Lata's voice was ideal for that actress like Geeta Dutt and Asha suited most to Madhubala.

Sharada has sung some really nice songs in films like Around the World, Deewana and the duet Jab bhi yeh dil udhaas hota hai...also some other films where Shankar gave music like Street singer and a couple of others.I like some of her songs which probably sound quite nice because of her unique voice ... Aayega kaun yahan from Gumnaam was also a nice song of hers..
from internet I read, she was popular and even Lataji feeling the pressure of her presence, but surprisingly she faded away from Bollywood, what was the reason?

Lata feeling pressurized by Sharada ? I doubt that very much since Sharada did not have such a perfect voice as Lata Mangeshkar and Lata Mangeshkar was already well established by themn to feel threatened by anyone ...
why she vanished from the scene, only sang few songs, though some are super hits, it might be vani Jayram, instead of Sharada as @Ram Babu mentioned earlier?

Its Sharada. First cause for her disappearance was her mentor Shankar went in to oblivion after his split from Jaikishen. Second cause was she doesn't have that quality to last for a long time.

Later Sharda had her own group and used to sing at shows but she never made it big..Vani Jayram however is a very popular and talented singer who has made a mark in all south Indian language films !Incidentally, today is her birthday, came to know when someone wrote about it on FB :)

Oh.. nice to know about it. Vani Jairam has a very sound classical music background. Yes, after she left Mumbai, she sang very good songs in all the south indian languages.
she sang some Odia songs and those are very popular, though she lasted few years here in signing.

Vani Jairam sang in almost all the languages in India. She has a sound knowledge in both Carnatac and Hindustani music.
Geete Dutt sang very few duets with Kishore Kumar. I remember a duet in the film Shararat. Kishore and Meena Kumari played the lead roles. Meena Kumari known for tragic roles has played a comedy role in the movie. The duet was 'Dekh aasman mein woh chand muskuraye.'
The fun part in the duet is Meena kumari uttering the lines. 'Marna Hai To Ek bar Mar Hi Dikhao'.
Meena Kumari played another comedy role in Kohinoor.

Yes I have seen the film Shararat which had Meena Kumari , Kishore Kumar and Raj Kumar in the lead..there was another Kishore - Geeta duet in the same film Tu ne mera dil liya which was also very melodious, both picturised on Meena Kumari and Kishore Kumar. Another very popular duet was from the film Jaal ' De bhi chuke hai dl nazrana dil ka '...'Aankhon mein tum dil mein tum' from Half ticket and a very old duet O bewafa yeh to bata from the film Pyar(1950)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Geete Dutt sang very few duets with Kishore Kumar. I remember a duet in the film Shararat. Kishore and Meena Kumari played the lead roles. Meena Kumari known for tragic roles has played a comedy role in the movie. The duet was 'Dekh aasman mein woh chand muskuraye.'
The fun part in the duet is Meena kumari uttering the lines. 'Marna Hai To Ek bar Mar Hi Dikhao'.

Yes I have seen the film Shararat which had Meena Kumari , Kishore Kumar and Raj Kumar in the lead..there was another Kishore - Geeta duet in the same film Tu ne mera dil liya which was also very melodious, both picturised on Meena Kumari and Kishore Kumar. Another very popular duet was from the film Jaal ' De bhi chuke hai dl nazrana dil ka '...'Aankhon mein tum dil mein tum' from Half ticket and a very old duet O bewafa yeh to bata from the film Pyar(1950)

I have seen Shararat and Half ticket. Of course I didn't see Jaal but heard Dil De chuki. It was a strange experience to see Meena Kumari in a comedy role, which she portrayed very well.

I have seen Shararat and Half ticket. Of course I didn't see Jaal but heard Dil De chuki. It was a strange experience to see Meena Kumari in a comedy role, which she portrayed very well.

Like you mentioned earlier she was also good in her comedy role in Kohinoor....Geeta Dutt sang some of her best songs for Meena Kumari - Songs from Sahib bibi aur Ghulam, Tehro zara si dher from savera, Chand hai wohi from Parineeta...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like you mentioned earlier she was also good in her comedy role in Kohinoor....Geeta Dutt sang some of her best songs for Meena Kumari - Songs from Sahib bibi aur Ghulam, Tehro zara si dher from savera, Chand hai wohi from Parineeta...

I have seen Kohimoor many times for the teasing scenes of the villiain ( it was Jeevan or Pran?) by both Dilip and Meena Kumari .
Geeta Dutt sang very few songs with Manna dey ..most of her duets being with Mohammad rafi,Mukesh and Talat Mehmood. She has sung some very beautiful dues with Talat.. A few that come to my mind
Armaan bhare dil ki lagan
Raat hai armaan bhare
Keh rahi hai dhadkane pukar ke
Hai yeh mausam e bahar...

Thank you said by: rambabu
Geeta Dutt sang very few songs with Manna dey ..most of her duets being with Mohammad rafi,Mukesh and Talat Mehmood. She has sung some very beautiful dues with Talat.. A few that come to my mind
Raat hai armaan bhare

I'm unfortunate . I didn't hear many Talat-Geeta Dutt duets, now I'm going to hear from YouTube .
Raat hai armaan bhare

I'm unfortunate . I didn't hear many Talat-Geeta Dutt duets, now I'm going to hear from YouTube .

No problem , now everything is available on youtube...

Raat hai armaan bhare

I found them in Raag. I bookmarked it.
Raat hai armaan bhare

I found them in Raag. I bookmarked it.

Yes Raaga and musicindiaonline has a good selection of old and new film songs.. you can also convert youtube videos into mp3 files through certain sites and then download it to your computer...

Thank you said by: rambabu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.