Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
But all vegetables should be consumed raw. Only few are prefered to have raw like sprouts specially.

That's true Sarala, but in the rainy seasons you have to be extra careful, eating raw vegetables is not recommended in this season because of water borne diseases, and also our metabolic rate is reduced so instead of eating raw veggies, they should be lightly cooked. It makes them easier to digest without other problems like acidity, flatulence etc.

Yes ...I heard that grapes are very dangerous if not washed twice as pesticides dont go away easily from its skin..

Grapes,plums,apples all have a layer of pesticide on them and while it is healthy to eat fruits with their skin as and when you can, we have to be very careful.Adding salt to warm water and soaking the fruits or vegetables in them for some time and then wiping them clean with a cotton towel helps ...

:blink: Soaking cut fruits may lose minerals which they have as there are many minerals which are water soluble. :blink:

NO NO NO not cut fruits , the very idea ! the whole fruit ...soak them for a while in luke warm water into which you add some salt and leave it on and then wipe away with cotton towel...

Oh yes that's true we should not cut fruits but should try to eat it with the skin and should clean them thoroughly. :)

The fibre which is very important lies in the skin of fruits.

Yes ! In fact I dont throw skins of any vegetables either.The tough skin of Ridge gourd is slightly fried and made into chutney.The seeds of Paduval( snake gourd) is also ground along with coconut and green chilies made into a green curry .

Snake guard! First time heard this vegetable. Thank you. Yes,Skin of any vegetable should not thrown. My mother too, cook vegetables with skin.

Want to make each day Accountable

But all vegetables should be consumed raw. Only few are prefered to have raw like sprouts specially.

That's true Sarala, but in the rainy seasons you have to be extra careful, eating raw vegetables is not recommended in this season because of water borne diseases, and also our metabolic rate is reduced so instead of eating raw veggies, they should be lightly cooked. It makes them easier to digest without other problems like acidity, flatulence etc.

Yes ...I heard that grapes are very dangerous if not washed twice as pesticides dont go away easily from its skin..

Grapes,plums,apples all have a layer of pesticide on them and while it is healthy to eat fruits with their skin as and when you can, we have to be very careful.Adding salt to warm water and soaking the fruits or vegetables in them for some time and then wiping them clean with a cotton towel helps ...

:blink: Soaking cut fruits may lose minerals which they have as there are many minerals which are water soluble. :blink:

NO NO NO not cut fruits , the very idea ! the whole fruit ...soak them for a while in luke warm water into which you add some salt and leave it on and then wipe away with cotton towel...

Oh yes that's true we should not cut fruits but should try to eat it with the skin and should clean them thoroughly. :)

Yes ! In fact I dont throw skins of any vegetables either.The tough skin of Ridge gourd is slightly fried and made into chutney.The seeds of Paduval( snake gourd) is also ground along with coconut and green chilies made into a green curry .

Snake guard! First time heard this vegetable. Thank you. Yes,Skin of any vegetable should not thrown. My mother too, cook vegetables with skin.

LOL, have you heard of Paduval which is long , grows from creepers , that is called snake gourd...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8167]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

LOL, have you heard of Paduval which is long , grows from creepers , that is called snake gourd...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8167]}

Wow, this vegetable is called Snake gourd.. hearing this for the first time., Thanks for the information. :)

Vinu
Wow, this vegetable is called Snake gourd.. hearing this for the first time., Thanks for the information. :)

I hate eating this one. But this one has many medicinal values.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

...combined with plenty of water is all that is required to stay fit and healthy..

water is best to live fit and also suggested by doctor that drink at least 5 litres of water daily....................
...combined with plenty of water is all that is required to stay fit and healthy..

water is best to live fit and also suggested by doctor that drink at least 5 litres of water daily....................

This quantity differs from doctor to doctor, some say 2 and half liters is good enough and to drink too much water is not good for the system and some advise you to drink more like you say 5 liters ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

This quantity differs from doctor to doctor, some say 2 and half liters is good enough and to drink too much water is not good for the system and some advise you to drink more like you say 5 liters ..

As far water is concerned I am okay with 5 lit but exercise and diet are not proper these days. I shall have to reschedule my programs.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

As far water is concerned I am okay with 5 lit but exercise and diet are not proper these days. I shall have to reschedule my programs.

I guess it depends on each ones system,I am drinking a lot of warm or hot water these days .I was developing dark circles around my eyes , probably because of all the strain on my eyes and I was advised to drink hot water.Let me see how helpful it is going to be...But I do feel good may be because now I drink more water !

Now a days i preferring to have vitamins and proteins so i am eating vegetables and non vegetarians also

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Yes, I prepare a dry roasted type of chutney from ridge gourd skin, its called thecha. I also make chutney from thin, young skin of milk gourd!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.