Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There are two sides of a coin. It is a known fact and widely accepted practice to rank users on public forums. I know it increase the competition but don't you think that it also acts as an encouragement for active users?

no sir, definitely no.
Most recently we have seen many clashes due to increase in my Karma and other persons.....How many problems have we faced later as a part of its consequences. :)
actually, it was the first time I witnessed a drift in forum since I joined. so, from my personal experience I am telling so.
it will lead to ego and clashes than a healthy competition. :sick:

Meera sandhu
You are mixing two different worlds. Karma and Rank both are completely different. I know what happened with Karma, and have taken necessary action. But such things exist everywhere in a place where many people gather together.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

And I should put forward another possibility here that we should be thankful to the site that our ranking is not related to earning point of view as this is generally the case better the ranking or length of your response better your earning. I have not kept language used in posts as that is a definite no-no in international forums.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You are mixing two different worlds. Karma and Rank both are completely different. I know what happened with Karma, and have taken necessary action. But such things exist everywhere in a place where many people gather together.

Article writing contest has really boosted the article section, we are getting a lot of articles to read. Overall, article standard has increased. Similarly, if such contests are arranged for forums like DFAA, best threads, best response etc it can boost forum activity for sure.
Now itself, ranking based on number of posts like ceaser, emperor etc is nice. More than 1 person gets the benefit of remaining in the same position. but if only one rank holder for a single rank, it will lead to clashes...
every member will feel bad if his rank goes down and the other person feels a superiority. But Boddunan is a site giving equal preference to all. Only a few members like me are able to give more time to this site, a few part-time members too. but among those, many valuable members are also there.
even if we suppress all those factors, talks will surely appear in forum in future.......

Sir, it's just my opinion. let me wait what other members say. :)

Meera sandhu
I too feel that programs like DFAA, best threads, best responses, GD are best. These will surely boost up this website and people show interest. But ranking may lead to clashes and people in frustration may leave the site. I feel and my opinion is It is better to drop this idea of ranking systems, especially ranking system considering Karma and Thank you. Because People may ask others to give karma and thank you. So there will be ingenuity in them.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
I too feel that programs like DFAA, best threads, best responses, GD are best. These will surely boost up this website and people show interest. But ranking may lead to clashes and people in frustration may leave the site. I feel and my opinion is It is better to drop this idea of ranking systems, especially ranking system considering Karma and Thank you. Because People may ask others to give karma and thank you. So there will be ingenuity in them.

Sarala,
i feel people will stop giving Thank you and Karma, even for deserved ones if ranking system is implemented, as you know, everyone wants to remain in the top :laugh: :laugh:

Now I am giving thank you to every post I like because there is no like/dislike button. Perhaps I may leave that habit tomorrow ;) ;) :P

Meera sandhu
Yes, you are right sandhya. People may stop giving karma and thank you as they may feel that other person may be top to them

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Yes, you are right sandhya. People may stop giving karma and thank you as they may feel that other person may be top to them

yes, sure. me too perhaps :cheer: :cheer: ;) ;)

am sure, now am the person here giving maximum thank yous for every post I like :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Meera sandhu
I believe in " creativity". The measuring rod to measure a member's creativity should be judged through different platforms we have here. And that should be the sole criteria to decide a Member's popularity.

yes, sure. me too perhaps :cheer: :cheer: ;) ;)

am sure, now am the person here giving maximum thank yous for every post I like :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Not sure why would that happen. There is no rank being given based on thank you or karma.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.