Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
But in Dashboard I could only find points and inbox section.

Don't go in sub categories.. Directly click on Dashboard itself, you will get all required information. ;)

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com

Don't go in sub categories.. Directly click on Dashboard itself, you will get all required information. ;)

sharmishta
in the dash board, below icons you can see your full details. just bring your cursor down

Meera sandhu
Yes sandhyaji I got the details.Thank you all for helping me.Now I understand the change of the site.

Sharmistha Banerjee

The site is unraveling itself gradually. I'm enjoying it.
What is the badge and what is its benefit? please give in details....

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
@ram, badges are something which tells how important your role is on boddunan. You get the badges as and when you met the criteria required by each badge. The more number of badges you win, the more active and popular you are (with the specific features of boddunan).

We have introduced 12 badges for forums, including 10 based on number of posts, 2 based on number of thank you received.

Someone wonder what's the difference between badge and forum rank. A forum rank is the single title you hold at any point of time. Once you reach higher rank, you will loose the lower one. Where as you earn badges and they stay on your account. People can find who and how many have won particular badge etc. Your profile shows, everywhere, how many you earned etc.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani, AKP
@ram, badges are something which tells how important your role is on boddunan. You get the badges as and when you met the criteria required by each badge. The more number of badges you win, the more active and popular you are (with the specific features of boddunan).

We have introduced 12 badges for forums, including 10 based on number of posts, 2 based on number of thank you received.

Someone wonder what's the difference between badge and forum rank. A forum rank is the single title you hold at any point of time. Once you reach higher rank, you will loose the lower one. Where as you earn badges and they stay on your account. People can find who and how many have won particular badge etc. Your profile shows, everywhere, how many you earned etc.

This should clear all the doubts.. Thanks admin. Good to see some real pics instead of that spidy..Well it was cool too. ;)

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Thank you said by: Maverick

The purpose and significance of Badges were clear right from the beginning

let me share a few personal opinions though I need to know a little more about the new system.
It's a nice idea to give badges according to the activities here. if total contribution to the site is calculated according to article submission, cash earned through articles etc....it's a nice idea. members will work more to get more badges . sure :) :)
But forum rank is something that I can't digest :blink: :blink:
what I understood is giving ranks to people according to their activity, thank you and Karma achieved, total posts, points etc.....
But is it necessary to rank members like this? It's sure, only one person can hold a particular rank at a particular time. It changes like ATP ranking of tennis. Is it necessary?
I feel, whole nature of our forum will change......from a friendly forum it will surely change to a competition field of achieving high ranks, that will kill the real purpose and fun of forum.
But if more than one member is giving same rank like 3 stars, 4 stars etc based on their performance, it's OK. Everyone works well to get more stars. :) otherwise forum will lose its present friendly and fun nature for sure.

Meera sandhu
There are two sides of a coin. It is a known fact and widely accepted practice to rank users on public forums. I know it increase the competition but don't you think that it also acts as an encouragement for active users?

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.