Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
vijay wrote:

In a particular religion there are no statues, icons, paintings etc and yet the commitment and attachmentvto their religion is equal or greater.

And that is the religion which treats other religions as being trash and wish to wipe out followers of all other religions! And you cannot definitely say that just because other religions have symbols or statues, their followers have lesser commitment! At least other religions are not as fanatic, regressive and aggressive as the one mentioned by you!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

As usual you are going tangential. You stated that symbols etc help in greater attachment by followers to their religion. In response  I stated that even in absence of these similar attachment is observed in another religion. Period. 

@Vijai that particular religion has plenty of symbols and the followers of that religion are even more intolerant. Try to say something against those symbols and see what happens! Here we can get away saying anything about Hindu symbols and religious beliefs (I personally avoid anything about any religion though) but others are not as tolerant as we are. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I hope the members have seen the Bollywood movie "Oh My God." It provides an apt way of worshipping God. It debunks the false beliefs and ways of minting money adopted by some greedy people in the name of Almighty. 

If you believe in a superior being, then simply believe!! You can worship stones all you want. You can chant bhajans in your house. But if you take out processions and disrupt daily traffic, if you spread hate and cause riots, if you earn loads of money at the expense of illiterate, helpless common masses, then you know you're dead wrong about religion. 

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

No I have not seen "Oh My God" but I saw PK and I thought for a moment if Amir Khan could script that movie around "you know what I mean". It's easy to say things about Hindu Gods but when it comes to other religions. I hope you know "what I mean" again.   

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Sunil, I have also seen OK and the hypocrisy in all religions is shown including in 'you know what I mean'. Please do not try to be purposely selective even when the message is unbiased. The arguement put forward was that symbols help in better binding in Hindus which I perectly agree with. What I stated was that even in religions which has far less symbols than Hinduism there also attachment is equal or more. So symbols are not responsible for attachment but inherent faith in the  ideology is. Why do you always bring in the threat that try criticizing the you know who and see what will happen and it is easy to criticize Hindu gods etc. Dissent has been the backbone of Hindu thought and even the great Sankracharya also had to debate his ideas during his time. Any reference to the great religion of Hinduism should not be taken as critism all the time and plurality is its hallmark. Needless sensitivity will kill the beauty of Hinduism and stop its fee flow through centuries. There is no need to constantly compare with the you know who. To hell with them.

suni51 wrote:

No I have not seen "Oh My God" but I saw PK and I thought for a moment if Amir Khan could script that movie around "you know what I mean". It's easy to say things about Hindu Gods but when it comes to other religions. I hope you know "what I mean" again.   

As far as I can remember PK was a harmless satire on all the religions and their practices in general. The very fact that you are getting offended gives the measure of your tolerance. 

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

Earlier we have had countless moves where Hindu gods like Krishna, Hanuman , Ram and Shiva were shown in different avatars , descending on earth ,many a times riding motor cycles and getting fooled by people , later showing their power and so on..it was taken in the spirit it was meant to be. The whole intolerance issue began with Salman Rushdie and his book that spoke about Islam which was thought  as derogatory. The same with Jesus when certain sections began to portray Jesus in a humorous manner, which did not go well with them. So, when MF Hussain began taking undue liberties with Hindu gods and goddesses , certain sections of Hindus began to retaliate seeing the unfairness of it all ..so , it is tit for tat more than anything !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Very difficult to see things in a different way. Always lay the blame on the you know who.

And I suppose you have a better or more convincing reasoning ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.