Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Oh.. 1200 Rupees saree. Really it is surprising. I also not used to take that much cost. :)

Yes, even I think twice for buying a churidar material that cost above 1000 :silly: :silly: :evil:

Meera sandhu
If I find that they should behave like this way I will just try to improve the taste of the food.

You mean you are going to change your preference of the taste of food just because your servants don't like it? :whistle:

Thats true, we cannot change our food habit...My own maid who has been with us for 13 years is a pure vegetarian and a Shivally brahmin , they are very conservative.But now she eats vegetarian food at home in fact asks for sambhar and rasma etc...earlier she used to look warily at me cooking fish curry LOL, after I had a talk with her and reassured her that she need not eat if she doesnt want to and I would serve only what she likes , she agreed and now of course having been with us for so many years has no inhibitions at all...

Yes, we can't change certain food habits. We can't ask a veg person to have a fish curry meal :laugh: :laugh: . In this situations, we need to adjust.

Of course there was no question of offering her fish curry rice :P , but she was more worried that what I give may all be cooked in the same vessels.I showed her that I cook non vegetarian food in separate vessels and also kept a plate,glass and bowl separately for her use after which she was more relaxed...

It is indeed a bit silly of you have to change your ways of eating to what is favored by a servant, but then not all are so critical of what is given to them. There are some who have genuine concerns like religious preferences etc. but if I had a maid, I would only give her to eat on certain occasions and not make it a daily habit, otherwise, they don't realize the value of it.

The thing is kalyani, :) she is very good at her job and now I realise her worth since she has been with us for more than 13 years and it is very difficult to get a good maid these days .I somehow liked her and all that was required was to keep her vessels separate which was ok by me.I had to give her lunch since she was coming from very far. But now she comes for a short time and I just give her breakfast...I doubt if I would have done that in the normal course of events ! :huh:

That is it Usha, one must also have the capability to retain the goodwill of the maid by respecting their simple preferences and afflictions. That is how they respect you as well and remain with you for a long time. :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You will be surprised to know hearing the story of my neighbour's servant. For Onam, they presented her a sari of 1200 rupees . She is just coming for 2-3 days a week. She said, she didn't like the colour and returned it back. So, later, they have to go to the main town again and exchange for another colour of her favourite. Kerala workers are really demanding.....

Demands will keep on increasing as long as it is being fulfilled.....One should learn to recognise where it is crossing the limit
You will be surprised to know hearing the story of my neighbour's servant. For Onam, they presented her a sari of 1200 rupees . She is just coming for 2-3 days a week. She said, she didn't like the colour and returned it back. So, later, they have to go to the main town again and exchange for another colour of her favourite. Kerala workers are really demanding.....

Demands will keep on increasing as long as it is being fulfilled.....One should learn to recognise where it is crossing the limit

That is so true Jabeen! Outlining the limits clearly at the inset of the working association will do the job. Also, it is better to give such gifts in cash only so that they can use it to get whatever they want instead of buying such expensive gift that may not be liked!

If I find that they should behave like this way I will just try to improve the taste of the food.

You mean you are going to change your preference of the taste of food just because your servants don't like it? :whistle:

Thats true, we cannot change our food habit...My own maid who has been with us for 13 years is a pure vegetarian and a Shivally brahmin , they are very conservative.But now she eats vegetarian food at home in fact asks for sambhar and rasma etc...earlier she used to look warily at me cooking fish curry LOL, after I had a talk with her and reassured her that she need not eat if she doesnt want to and I would serve only what she likes , she agreed and now of course having been with us for so many years has no inhibitions at all...

Yes, we can't change certain food habits. We can't ask a veg person to have a fish curry meal :laugh: :laugh: . In this situations, we need to adjust.

Of course there was no question of offering her fish curry rice :P , but she was more worried that what I give may all be cooked in the same vessels.I showed her that I cook non vegetarian food in separate vessels and also kept a plate,glass and bowl separately for her use after which she was more relaxed...

It is indeed a bit silly of you have to change your ways of eating to what is favored by a servant, but then not all are so critical of what is given to them. There are some who have genuine concerns like religious preferences etc. but if I had a maid, I would only give her to eat on certain occasions and not make it a daily habit, otherwise, they don't realize the value of it.

The thing is kalyani, :) she is very good at her job and now I realise her worth since she has been with us for more than 13 years and it is very difficult to get a good maid these days .I somehow liked her and all that was required was to keep her vessels separate which was ok by me.I had to give her lunch since she was coming from very far. But now she comes for a short time and I just give her breakfast...I doubt if I would have done that in the normal course of events ! :huh:

That is it Usha, one must also have the capability to retain the goodwill of the maid by respecting their simple preferences and afflictions. That is how they respect you as well and remain with you for a long time. :)

Very true, it is very difficut to hold onto good maids esp when there are enough people trying to lure them away,my own close relatives who promise to pay more and keep her in comfort/luxury :dry: she has so far withstood all that LOL...I believe that finally it is upto her to stay on or leave..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Very true, it is very difficut to hold onto good maids esp when there are enough people trying to lure them away,my own close relatives who promise to pay more and keep her in comfort/luxury :dry: she has so far withstood all that LOL...I believe that finally it is upto her to stay on or leave..

Usha, what I know from experience is that not all maids are attracted by money because even they know that long-term association is better and more profitable than short terms with more money. They will only stick with you if they are respected enough and treated well.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.