Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Most of suggestions seems to be out of practical situations, there are times, when you know you boss is wrong and if you go against it yours career graph might be ruined, you have to choose between your career or betterment of organization.

It is better to quit your job from such an organization where your career depends on sycophancy because the very existence of that origination is not safe or predictable.

Such attitude could be okay in small organizations. But in bigger organizations , there is possibility of change of boss as well. There is need to adopt a pragmatic approach. You may express your views frankly but what boss says will be final. He will be responsible for the decisions that he took.

It's not a boss's decision anymore but collective responsibility of the work group. What you said is true for lower level staff but management cannot leave anything to sycophants. Someone or the other has to come up with the corrective measure or damage control.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Most of suggestions seems to be out of practical situations, there are times, when you know you boss is wrong and if you go against it yours career graph might be ruined, you have to choose between your career or betterment of organization.

It is better to quit your job from such an organization where your career depends on sycophancy because the very existence of that origination is not safe or predictable.

Such attitude could be okay in small organizations. But in bigger organizations , there is possibility of change of boss as well. There is need to adopt a pragmatic approach. You may express your views frankly but what boss says will be final. He will be responsible for the decisions that he took.

It's not a boss's decision anymore but collective responsibility of the work group. What you said is true for lower level staff but management cannot leave anything to sycophants. Someone or the other has to come up with the corrective measure or damage control.

This depends on level of authority. Even when collective decision is taken, there must be some one who is vested with authority to have a final say in case of difference of opinion in team. You can't wait till all agree.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: suni51

This depends on level of authority. Even when collective decision is taken, there must be some one who is vested with authority to have a final say in case of difference of opinion in team. You can't wait till all agree.

In that case a yes man's role is nowhere to come into play.

This is truth being yes man does not pay always but people do that in order to get benefits from the boss I have seen most of the people doing the same thing they never oppose what boss say. I feel one should at least say his/her opinions when things are discussed so as to have many options to choose from. :dry:
I am never been a yes man, I always see what is true and what is the correct way according to rules and regulations, I always not listen when the boss gave me verbal order, as I always prefer written order, for this I have to face the brunt bosses for some time, but that does not concern me as I am getting full happiness while working in accordance with rules and regulations. :whistle:

http://mohanmekap.com/

Very important thread for the job holders. I have worked for few months in a marketing company. I was appreciated and promoted for my good work and ideas. These tips could have helped me in much better way.
You are right being yesman does not always pay. Yet, many a places we see yesmen climbing higher on the ladder whereas competent and valuable men are left at the bottom. However, as the story goes, one day ,the king surrounded by sycophants might walk along the road naked and would think he is dressed in regalia.
You are right being yesman does not always pay. Yet, many a places we see yesmen climbing higher on the ladder whereas competent and valuable men are left at the bottom. However, as the story goes, one day ,the king surrounded by sycophants might walk along the road naked and would think he is dressed in regalia.
Yes man tends to do all corrupt practices at the signal of boss, and it is right they tend to advance vertically in their career scale than honest and good worker, but it is the retirement life than matters the most. Many a times, retirement benefits cut off due to corrupt practices, so it is better to be sincere that corrupt.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Saying "yes" or nodding the head, even the boss says nothing is either the trait of a Spineless or a sycophant .
Thank you said by: mohan manohar
I am never been a yes man, I always see what is true and what is the correct way according to rules and regulations, I always not listen when the boss gave me verbal order, as I always prefer written order, for this I have to face the brunt bosses for some time, but that does not concern me as I am getting full happiness while working in accordance with rules and regulations. :whistle:

Always try to stay away from a yes man, he changes colors like a chameleon. He will say something in front of you but will say just opposite in front of your competitor.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani, mohan manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.