Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
No this should not be the approach as every one has his/her own style of thinking and we should not feel bad if someone does not agree with us though discussion looks much better when there are people who agree and disagree both. :)

That is normally the intention and purpose of any discussion that are held in public, but not all take that view, with many just expecting others to agree with them unanimously!

Isn't it still better than communism regime in USSR and China when there were no discussions. And isn't it the trend of the day in our own so called LOKTANTRA today?

In a Communist system, there is more discussion. The discussion is at all levels- local level committees to top level. But when a decision is taken on basis of these discussions, a party view called Party Line is adopted. Once decided, there will be no more discussion and the final decision will be considered as view of entire party. This is called as 'Democratic centralism'. Continuous discussion with no conclusion at any stage and consequently no action is mere wastage of time and such discussion is of no value.

I think that was the reason I kept it up to USSR period where Politburo had no scope of discussions.

Democratic centralism is Leninist principle. But there can be wrong practice and deviation anywhere. Presently, there is family and dynastic rule in North Korea- a communist state. similarly, in Cuba, when Castro was sick, he handed over authority to his brother. These are mistakes and deviations from Leninist principles. There should be discussion in full at all levels but when a final decision is taken by majority, all should act accordingly whatever be personal view. No action is as bad as no discussion.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: suni51
In the forums discussion online in anysite. we members have right and freedom to discuss with our own opinions, there is no need to accept the forum thread starts opinion. It is not at all right.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Thank you said by: usha manohar
In the forums discussion online in anysite. we members have right and freedom to discuss with our own opinions, there is no need to accept the forum thread starts opinion. It is not at all right.

I agree. Every member will give his views. But these should be well reasoned. also, there should be no repeat of the views. We should follow the Forum Rules of Buddunan. The start opinion is that of the member who created thread. Others may agree or disagree.

Of course , that is true, understandably falling within the rules and regulations of a forum - There are times when a person feels he is right and only his opinion is the right opinion , will never accept that there may be many ways of looking at an issue and all of them may be valid in their own way...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

No this should not be the approach as every one has his/her own style of thinking and we should not feel bad if someone does not agree with us though discussion looks much better when there are people who agree and disagree both. :)

That is normally the intention and purpose of any discussion that are held in public, but not all take that view, with many just expecting others to agree with them unanimously!

Isn't it still better than communism regime in USSR and China when there were no discussions. And isn't it the trend of the day in our own so called LOKTANTRA today?

But you have to bear in mind that USSR no longer exists and China has also opened up quite liberally! As for our Loktantra, the less said the better, freedom of speech/discussion/expression is all upon the whims and fancy of the ones in charge, eg. Mamata Banerjee!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Perfect discussion should have a good topic which really do sense.It should have a meaning and there should not be any abusive thing.

Sharmistha Banerjee

Of course , that is true, understandably falling within the rules and regulations of a forum - There are times when a person feels he is right and only his opinion is the right opinion , will never accept that there may be many ways of looking at an issue and all of them may be valid in their own way...

That kind of attitude is rather disconcerting and many users who may have actually something worthwhile but of the opposite nature to contribute will rather keep away from such discussions! Certainly, I do whenever I see something like that in a number of discussions!

But you have to bear in mind that USSR no longer exists and China has also opened up quite liberally! As for our Loktantra, the less said the better, freedom of speech/discussion/expression is all upon the whims and fancy of the ones in charge, eg. Mamata Banerjee!!

China has changed the economic system but still the political system viz. one party- remains intact. Of course, there are wide discussion on all matters within the system.

China has changed the economic system but still the political system viz. one party- remains intact. Of course, there are wide discussion on all matters within the system.

True! And Yet I feel that their one-party system has worked better than our multiple partied democracy! look how much better they have advanced economically than India has managed to do so in spite of having much much more freedom than they ever had!

People definitely don't have the freedom to express themselves, at least not in front of the peoples representatives , since it take an offend them.This happened at Mysore when a person asked one of the MLAs , what he did with the annual fund received for maintaining his constituency since nothing was done there for more than 3 years.The MLA was so angry that he slapped the man,got into his car and drove away.Apparently his followers went and thrashed the poor man again..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.