Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I had visited Calcutta many times when I was working in Rourkela Steel plant which was in the Steel Authority Of India SAIL officially. Of course it is not a clean city, but there are several seen worthy places like Eden Gardens, Victoria memorial Hall to name a few.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I had gone to Kashmir and to Kanyakumari too. In between many other places and I liked them too. In the Northeast I have visited only one or two places but I want to explore that part a lot more. It's really fascinating.  

Same here, the only place I have visited is Calcutta which is a city I would love to visit again, also other north eastern states which seem so beautiful. I would also love to visit the cleanest village in India , .

Images of Northeast simply provokes me to visit those places but don't know when that desire will be fulfilled. Talking about Calcutta, I can only say that, the city has many things to offer but it is not at all a clean city.

I can't think of a single mega city in India that is not filthy - Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad hare all overflowing with garbage , filth and poor management.Now even the second rung cities,are going the same way

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I had gone to Kashmir and to Kanyakumari too. In between many other places and I liked them too. In the Northeast I have visited only one or two places but I want to explore that part a lot more. It's really fascinating.  

Same here, the only place I have visited is Calcutta which is a city I would love to visit again, also other north eastern states which seem so beautiful. I would also love to visit the cleanest village in India , .

Images of Northeast simply provokes me to visit those places but don't know when that desire will be fulfilled. Talking about Calcutta, I can only say that, the city has many things to offer but it is not at all a clean city.

I can't think of a single mega city in India that is not filthy - Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad hare all overflowing with garbage , filth and poor management.Now even the second rung cities,are going the same way

The bigger and more developed a city, the more trashy it is. However, the most visited tourist spots and other prominent places in most cities are usually clean. It is the small villages that are far more cleaner.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Delhi and Hyderabad are more dirtier than other mega cities. Now, there is hope, conditions will change. With  Swachch Bharat Abhiyan,India's  ever cleanliness drive. It is is aimed at Keeping the streets , roads and infrastructure of the Country.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I have emotional attachment with Calcutta since it was my father's favorite city. He loved Calcutta since he trained there while he was in the army and after he left army , started working there as a sub editor. Later although he moved to Bangalore, he made it a point to keep in touch with his old buddies and would visit the city at least once a year. Calculate has culture,tradition and although laid back in many ways, it is still a very charming city.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I have emotional attachment with Calcutta since it was my father's favorite city. He loved Calcutta since he trained there while he was in the army and after he left army , started working there as a sub editor. Later although he moved to Bangalore, he made it a point to keep in touch with his old buddies and would visit the city at least once a year. Calculate has culture,tradition and although laid back in many ways, it is still a very charming city.

Calcutta for you is a nostalgia so is mine. I know, the city has many loopholes but has numerous good aspects. I also have a special attraction for Kolkata as my loved ones stay there and so whenever I find time I head toward it.       

shampasaid

usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I never visit kolkatta. Some time we feel emotional attachment with some places. My birth place is 40km away from my present residence. I like to visit this city and also want to live here.

usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I think you should visit Sikkim. Its in northeast and also very clean. Though I have never visited it, its a preferred destination for many people over here. Whoever visited that place speaks not only about its beauty but also its cleanliness

jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I think you should visit Sikkim. Its in northeast and also very clean. Though I have never visited it, its a preferred destination for many people over here. Whoever visited that place speaks not only about its beauty but also its cleanliness

I totally agree although I have never visited the place, yet it is my dream destination. My sister just visited Sikkim this year and she absolutely hated coming back, she is so much in love with the place, and looking at the pictures she took, I can feel it totally. My parents have lived in Assam and I have heard numerous tales of the beauty of North East and the goodness of the people there.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

In my neighborhood we have a few youngsters coming from Meghalaya and Sikkim  renting a house . They work here in a retail shop . I see them thoroughly cleaning the house and the small patch of garden around it . They have shown me some pics of their own houses back home and they look so beautiful, totally in harmony with the beautiful nature surrounding the place..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.