Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It seems we all are in love with Northeast and hopefully one day our desire to visit every corner of that part of India will get fulfilled. I had visited Yuksom in Sikkim long back. Stayed in Hotel Tashigang which is owned by Danny. He was also there during the same time. The place is truly picturesque.

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

It seems we all are in love with Northeast and hopefully one day our desire to visit every corner of that part of India will get fulfilled. I had visited Yuksom in Sikkim long back. Stayed in Hotel Tashigang which is owned by Danny. He was also there during the same time. The place is truly picturesque.

No doubt North east states are beautiful but by most of Central government these are ignored.

anil wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

No doubt North east states are beautiful but by most of Central government these are ignored.

Very true, it is only in the past decade that you get to see them migrating and living in other parts of the country..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

In my neighborhood we have a few youngsters coming from Meghalaya and Sikkim  renting a house . They work here in a retail shop . I see them thoroughly cleaning the house and the small patch of garden around it . They have shown me some pics of their own houses back home and they look so beautiful, totally in harmony with the beautiful nature surrounding the place..

Yes, I have worked with a few guys and girls from Sikkim, Arunachal, Nagaland etc. and they are very sincere, honest and hardworking. It is a bit difficult to get friendly and comfortable with them initially, but once you do, they are amazing people. I especially love them for their totally down-to-earth nature.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Very true, it is only in the past decade that you get to see them migrating and living in other parts of the country..

Yes, they are very much ignored lot by the government and that has impacted Indians of other regions quite negatively. In recent time we got to know about the ill treatment received by the Northeastern people in other parts of India which is very tragic. Being Indians they get shabby treatment by fellow Indians is which must be  condemned.

shampasaid

When it comes Travel destinations my own place, Vizag is my first choice. Vizag is filled with a plethora of beautiful spots like Borra Caves, INS Kurusura Submarine Museum, Simhachalam temple, Kailasagiri Park and Aruku valley,  There are several Beaches like Ramakrishna Beach Rishikonda Beach and Yarada Beach to name a few.

The place one lives in is called home town not a travel destination...

Goa is another place that I love to visit and I have visited it many many times since it is not all that far from Mangalore. It is a fun place and probably one of the best travel destinations in India. Besides being relatively clean compared to other cities it also gives you a cosmopolitan or even a international atmosphere !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

my favorite Holiday destination is Araku valley very near to my place.

Me and my husband nailed down to Mauritius for our April holiday. We are planning to be there for 5-6 days in second week of April. School will be over on last day of March. After settling down with things for a week, we are planning to travel in second week of April.

Booking of tickets and other things will be done during next week once we are back from our Waynard trip.

If anyone of you have visited Mauritius and can give us tips, it would be great.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

Me and my husband nailed down to Mauritius for our April holiday. We are planning to be there for 5-6 days in second week of April. School will be over on last day of March. After settling down with things for a week, we are planning to travel in second week of April.

Booking of tickets and other things will be done during next week once we are back from our Waynard trip.

If anyone of you have visited Mauritius and can give us tips, it would be great.

Wow, that is cool! Do share your experience and post pictures.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.