Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Gongura, a leafy vegetable that tastes savor, is such a traditional recipe  my state. Pickle made of amla with lots of chilies is another recipe popular in ap.

Fast foods are OK once a while but for today's young itvis becoming a staple food. So tastes also change eith times and purchasing power

vijay wrote:

Fast foods are OK once a while but for today's young itvis becoming a staple food. So tastes also change eith times and purchasing power

Once in a while Fast foods are OK. But not every time. Health has to be taken in to consideration. If one wants to he healthy sans life threatening ailments, fast foods must be stopped.

rambabu wrote:

Gongura, a leafy vegetable that tastes savor, is such a traditional recipe  my state. Pickle made of amla with lots of chilies is another recipe popular in ap.

Gongura?? Is it a local name?? Never heard it before. What is its english name? Here even we make pickle from amla, chillies and lots of mustard seeds. However it is mostly prepared during community feast.

jabeen wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Gongura?? Is it a local name?? Never heard it before. What is its english name? Here even we make pickle from amla, chillies and lots of mustard seeds. However it is mostly prepared during community feast.

Recently I ate pickles made of Coriander leaves and Brinjal pickles which was very tasty . In Mangalore fish and prawn pickles are very popular and when made with the right ingredients it is delicious !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Recently I ate pickles made of Coriander leaves and Brinjal pickles which was very tasty . In Mangalore fish and prawn pickles are very popular and when made with the right ingredients it is delicious !

Pickles made of Mangoes and lemons are familiar in my place. However Prawn pickles are not known.

jabeen wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Gongura is Roselle leaves, sour in taste. We call it Ambadi in Marathi and Anthur in Mizo, Sougri in Manipuri. The leaves are tri-lobed with serrated margins.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: jabeen
rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Pickles made of Mangoes and lemons are familiar in my place. However Prawn pickles are not known.

Here pickles are made with almost all the vegetables , all kinds of fish, mutton, beef and even roots and leaves..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Here pickles are made with almost all the vegetables , all kinds of fish, mutton, beef and even roots and leaves..

Great. However in my place pickles made of mutton and beef are not in the Practice.

When I read of these pickles, I am reminded of a very tasty pickle made up of Bamboo shoots. My grandmother used to make it with tender bamboo shoots. I really miss them as none of us in our family could get that expertise and it became extinct from our family menu chart after her death.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.