Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Bamboo shoots are very popular in mangalore since it grows in abundance here. We add it to sprouts etc .Another very tasty pickle is the one made with lotus stems ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In North ginger pickle is also very much in demand. It tastes good but I personally feel that it is not as tasty as mango or tamarind pickle.

shampasaid

We in AP,Pickles, made with Mango  relish more . If some  sweet  ( Bellom or jaggery )is a added Children eat and relish. more.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

In North ginger pickle is also very much in demand. It tastes good but I personally feel that it is not as tasty as mango or tamarind pickle.

I make ginger and green chillies pickle cooked in mustard oil , tamarind pulp and jaggery. It is delicious and goes very well with curd rice  .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Ulli ( Onion) chutney is a pleasing blend of sauted onions, tamarind and Red chillies. It is a perfect balance of sweet, hot and tangy flavors and makes and quick chutney with idli and Dosa. It is a simple and healthy chutney that can be made in a jiffy and tastes best when made fres.

My wife makes this chutney often.

rambabu wrote:

Ulli ( Onion) chutney is a pleasing blend of sauted onions, tamarind and Red chillies. It is a perfect balance of sweet, hot and tangy flavors and makes and quick chutney with idli and Dosa. It is a simple and healthy chutney that can be made in a jiffy and tastes best when made fres.

I too make something similar but add a few more spices like chilly and til..

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I too make something similar but add a few more spices like chilly and til..

I am interested to know more about your preparation.

Would you like to know about "Ant Chutney"? I have not eaten it but my Naga friends tell me it is really tangy and tasty too. All you need is a hole full of ants, wash them in water and crush them. Mix salt to your taste.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

Would you like to know about "Ant Chutney"? I have not eaten it but my Naga friends tell me it is really tangy and tasty too. All you need is a hole full of ants, wash them in water and crush them. Mix salt to your taste.

I will try first on you.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Gongura, a leafy vegetable that tastes savor, is such a traditional recipe  my state. Pickle made of amla with lots of chilies is another recipe popular in ap.

Gongura?? Is it a local name?? Never heard it before. What is its english name? Here even we make pickle from amla, chillies and lots of mustard seeds. However it is mostly prepared during community feast.

Gongura is Roselle leaves, sour in taste. We call it Ambadi in Marathi and Anthur in Mizo, Sougri in Manipuri. The leaves are tri-lobed with serrated margins.

I thought sougri is consumed only in Northeast. Here two varieties of sougri are cultivated. One has green leaves and the other has maroon leaves. The variety with maroon leaves are more sour. Both the varieties are used in making curry by boiling with other ingredients. But being sour, sougri leaves are added towards the end.

@Usha

Here lotus stem are mostly eaten raw as a salad type food item, to which roasted and grounded sesame seeds are added along with other ingredients.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.