The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes absolutely right. Personally, however, I wish that the West Indies somehow find a place in the top four. I know they have made it pretty difficult for them. But technically there's still a slender of a chance. On their day the West Indies can be such an exciting team and it's always great to watch them !

Thank you said by: epraneeth77

Only if the West Indies abort from their regular Short pitch stuff!

They have become so monotonous in their approach, both in batting and bowling. Russell and some other batsman like Braithwaite, etc are still in T20 mode. Though they scored a good 320 odd, they could have scored more had they played sensibly.

If they change their strategy in bowling and play according to situation, they are a very good force. Their matches are one of the most awaited only if they change their approach.

It was very disappointing to see them losing against Bangladesh yesterday.

Russell should be removed from the team as he has to recover from his knee stress, apart from his first match, he hardly played anything good. Batting wise also he has fallen down, all because of his knee issue must be. Hope he recovers well and focus only on Batting, so that his issue does not aggravate so fast and he can manage it somehow.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

One team that has really surprised in this tournament is Bangladesh. Though not much was expected from them, they have really played well so far.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

@epraneeth77 - Yes the West Indies have only themselves to blame ! I felt they had a great chance of winning against Australia. But they ruined it. Had they won against Australia on that day their confidence level would have increased by leaps and bounds. As of now they will need to win all of the remaining matches as well as maintain a good run rate at the same time.

Saurav Banerjee wrote:

Yes absolutely right. Personally, however, I wish that the West Indies somehow find a place in the top four. I know they have made it pretty difficult for them. But technically there's still a slender of a chance. On their day the West Indies can be such an exciting team and it's always great to watch them !

I absolutely agree with you! Though they are going through a tough patch in this tournament and have made it tough for themselves. But for sure they are so much capable of giving a good entertaining and thrilling show. 

Arunima Singh wrote:
Saurav Banerjee wrote:

I absolutely agree with you! Though they are going through a tough patch in this tournament and have made it tough for themselves. But for sure they are so much capable of giving a good entertaining and thrilling show. 

Most of us are of opinion from beginning of tournament that WI will be qualified for semifinal. Yesterday night I watched some over of match between Bangladesh and WI. They were playing well. Today I read in news paper that Bangla Desh won the match. After it it is looking that WI may be not find place in top four. 

West Indies have become like Pakistan of late, especially in the world cup. They are sticking to the tried and tested failure formula of short balls and including a half fit Russell. Also they are being in T20 mode, not everybody, some people like Russell and Braithwaite.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Yes,  West Indies might miss the final Four spot in the tournament.  We can see India and England going quite strong so far.  Australia and New Zealand are also in the race.  I can also keep hope for Bangladesh as they are doing pretty good. 

Arunima Singh wrote:

Yes,  West Indies might miss the final Four spot in the tournament.  We can see India and England going quite strong so far.  Australia and New Zealand are also in the race.  I can also keep hope for Bangladesh as they are doing pretty good. 

Yesterday England played well against Afganistan. Afganistan is not a strong team. One batsman completed his century with sixes. India will play with Afganistan on Sunday. I am hoping that it also play with Afganistan like England. India have some big hitters. Bangladesh doing good but I think it have not chance to reach in first four. 

Afghanistan is out of contention as it has already lost 5 games on the trot and even last 4 matches wins will not give semi final place. On the other hand, I feel that Australia & England have played really well. Even India.

Today's match against New Zealand may not give a true picture of New Zealand strength as it is playing against an out of form South Africa. However if New Zealand loses, it would be kind of upset given the trend of both teams.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.