Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In higher level of education we are still text book oriented.First it should be changed to practical oriented one.

Secondly the present education system does not cater the needs of youth.So it should be totally changed to give due importance to the youth in all respect since they are the future responsible citizens

The over emphasise on exams and the narrow mindedness of current system should be demolished and importance to knowledge should be given.

Then only new young energetic leaders will emerge from the youth.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Yes its true that we should make our education less oriented towards text books ..

What we require is the practical knowledge..

I'm not agreeying to you completely that present education system is not concentrating on youth more.. Present education system has programs concentrated on youth like sex education, law education etc.

And i agree to you that we are giving over concentration on exams and marks rather than practical knowledge..

Get hot offers& tricks for Indians..Hurry!!
www.IndianOffer.blogspot.com
[quote]Seminars, projects etc are good. But don't make it a burden to students or just don't make it so simple that students will just copy something. It should be helpful to improve the knowledge and talents of students..[/quote]

@Jobin,
Its not true that students dont get time to prepare for seminars and projects.It was a case when the SSA system was introduced, but later many changes were made.
You said that students may copy and wont be sincere in their work.But you must understand that seminars and projects are no just homeworks.Once they prepare a seminar or project, they have to present it in the class and there will be discussion on it.So the person who prepared it has to be fully ready and thorough with the topic.A good knowledge in topic is required here.Otherwise they will loose marks when they are not able to answer correctly to the question asked by the members in other groups.There would be a debate on the topic and it will really help to improve the talents and smartness of the student.The answer given for the questions will help the teachers to judge the student and put marks.Thats continues evaluation and its a perfect form of practical approach to a topic.
Making politics a part of curriculum
@Cool boy
You are right.Politics must be made a part of curriculum.To make a good leader, not just the study of history is enough.Students must also have the practical knowledge on what happening around them.I think in this regard, mock parliament is an answer to an extent.
@ Jobin
Controversy come when you name a particular party and its ideology.As you know there are two basic ideology of politics RIGHT and LEFT.One feature is that; Right believe in individual development and thus leading to the development of society.LEFT believe that only with the development in society individual development will take place.So why cant we use other names and teach the students this very basic ideology.Now thats a very basic concept in politics.So political education in possible in that way without controversies.

Political school
@abid
Political school is great concept,but the problem is that its not at all practical.There must be law which tells that only people with a degree from such school can contest in election.Very nice to say this, but think of the vote it will get in the parliament.It will be a historic bill because for the first time a zero vote will be made!!
hi,
I like to emphasis on the role of teachers.In my opinion, along with any change in educational system, teachers also must be well educated on taking classes.Of course there are courses conducted for teachers, but we have to see how much successful it is.
We know that a student learn from teacher not just the curriculum, but many other qualities.After family, school and teachers are the main factors which mould the personality of a student.So if we can specifically train our teachers in imparting moral values and quality to students, we can surely hope to get great leaders in the future.If properly planned and executed,not only leaders, a whole society of responsible and committed citizens can be made in this manner.
I believe the entire success of education is in the hands of good teachers.
@MC you are right there should be special training sessions for teachers to know about politics and the knowledge which should they give to students. I would like to suggest that if some types of newspapers are issued which contained more on politics and distributed to students in schools it would spread a good knowledge of politics.
Political schools are good but think about, mostly when we are in school we don't really understand the complexities of things....
When we were kids, some of us might have wanted to become a doctor,a pilot etc...just become it sounded as good profession to us, because it had made an impression on our young minds..
So in order to attract the youth's attraction we have to change the present face of politics...
Everyday we hear in the news about some politician doing some immoral deeds..
that will not leave a good impression....
"Politics" and its importance should be explained to young minds right at the root level..
It should not have to be " taught", it has to be explained or else it will become like any other subject which we forget after our exams are over...
And a certain level, private schools and colleges should be introduced for those who have interest in it and want to pursue it..
Thanks for your opinion on "Political School".As MC said teachers are the social engineers.They can mould the future citizen of our country.They can elicit the ideas of children.

Actually Teacher is a friend and guide of the student.Most of the problems of a student is solved by his teacher.Hence always one will have affection towards a teacher after his parents.

Visit my blogs:

@cool boy
Your idea is good.Today children are not at all interested in reading political news.All they want is sports and page 3 gossips,most of the students.So by distributing such paper and keeping discussion on it will help in creating awareness on politics in young students.But one problem is that, we can't select any newspaper for this purpose.There are papers which are biased.So i think if possible, at least the front page of every newspaper or political news in paper must be discussed for about 15minutes or more, as the first thing in morning.So that children have an overall idea about the news and newspaper and they will be able to read between lines in case of some biased newspaper.

@Michael
Your are right.You won't hear any student telling that his ambition is to become a politician!.There must be a charm in politics and for that,as you said,the entire face of politics has to change.
What you said about teaching politics is correct.We should make it a part of the education as extra curricular activity.If politics is taught and there is an exam for that, i also believe it wont do much good.Instead, it must be something students love and want to actively participate, just like a game.There can be debates and discussions and it should be interesting learning.That will make the young minds to think about politics and to go for politics.Also since there is no degree needed to become a politician obviously there is no need for an exam.All that is needed is to impart that national commitment and interest in politics, which will help to create good leaders in future.
In my opinion to create good leaders education should have some qualities.They are listed below.

1) Education should be one which help to attain the goal of a student.
2) It should develop self confidence in students
3) It should be suitable for the tastes of students.
4) The personal differences should be considered
5) Education should develop social and co-operative mind
6) It should develop critical analysing abilities in students.

If all these are observed surely the outcome will be good leaders.I think none of them are impracticable.

Visit my blogs:

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.