Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think the drawbacks of our education system was realised by our leaders two decades ago.That is why the "National Policy of Education" was formulated by Mr.Rajiv Gandhi.Based on it many programmes like "Operation Black board" came in.

Then it was followed by "District Primary Education Programme (DPEP)" which enriched the infra structure of primary schools where the future Indian citizens bloom in.

The successor of DPEP was SSA which focussed more on child.So we could see better results also.Today's primary student will question if he sees something against rule.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
MC,
I also recently read about the mock parliment in a school.In my school days I studied it in text book and even the teachers were very difficult to describe it.

Now the SSA students shows the real system and all those view it will imprint it in their mind.Really this was adopted from Gurukula system of education.

Due to the improvement and development of students government had decided to extend SSA into higher secondary level also.The new education program will be on that way and surely in a few years we will have good leaders.

Visit my blogs:

Lohit,
I don't think the caste system had made problem on education. Earlier only higher casts were allowed to get education. Those who got education tried to exploit others.Naturally to uplift those put on back seat then, need to be raised.For this the best method is reservation to those casts.Else only the creamlayer of society will get best education and others will remain as supressed.

In my opinion the present problem is due to the free and compulsory education.Being free it has less quality.Also being getting free people has no value.Education should have its own quality especially when it reaches higher levels.Simple mugging up of text books and testing it by an exam and then awarding a degree system must be discarded.Instead continuous evaluation even after getting degree is to be imposed.

Visit my blogs:

@ jobin
Yes jobin i am agree with your suggestions. Our education system is more considered as more business rather than as education. In large cities some schools are taking so much fees but they are giving students a very talented environment. But in small cities it is more business than a education. Fees is more but no education. teacher's have no so much knowledge and students didn't get good innovating environment.
@ santosh

Yes santosh English is the current need. I think hindi medium schools should be change into englihs medium schools.
@ Jobin
I am agree jobin. Firstly we should know the mistakes and drawbacks then we can do any improve.
i think Firstly we should check which villages does not have good schools and facilities and solve the problems their first as most of rural villages are lacking in literacy rate.
@Lohit

I totally disagree with your view, that all Hindi medium schools must be made to English medium.We can never have great leaders by that.

I believe one of the very basic problem with our education is the more importance given to English education.You must never forget that this English education was introduced in India for the interest of British.The British wanted the Indians to be their puppets and they knew that only with the change in education its possible.I remember what i studied in my history class about a British policy made by Lord Macaulay.which say “A class of persons, Indian in blood and colour, but English in taste,morals,opinion and intellect".Such people who follow western culture and followed the attitudes influenced by the colonisers where called Macaulay’s children..i would call them British puppets.

So British used the English education to break our national integrity, our sense of nationality.They did everything to give importance to English education.At that times those who had the knowledge in Sanskrit and other languages where denied good jobs and English speaking people where given high job.Naturally people turned into English.This policy really changed our India in every aspect.So how do you expect to have great leader for India, who are born and brought up in English education?

Now lets come to a practical analysis.If you take other countries like China and Japan, how much importance do they give for English education????There nobody know proper English.Even their keyboards are made in the mother tongue!.And all the computer programs are also in mother tongue.These are also great countries with great leaders and do they use English??Every where they go they have a translator!!.So how can you say that English is the need?.Of course there are people in those country who are trying to learn English for getting certain jobs.But altogether they are so proud of their mother-tongue and because of that itself they have a strong sense of nationality and national commitment.

So i truly believe if we make everything in English we wont have leaders with committment to the nation.They will always have an attraction to the west and i dont believe such people can be proud of their nation.If we are not proud of our language and if we dont use our language, leave alone leaders, but every citizen is still in a virtual slavery.
Lohit,
I also disagree with you.Actually your thought is nothing but the remaining of Macaulay's Minuts of 1835.As MC told he westernised Indian Education.
His aim was to create a society which is Indian in blood and colour but English in thoughts and desires.He gave importance to the education of top level of the society and put forward the download filtration theory.
When Indians recognised the conspiracy behind Macaulay's Minuts they urged for new education commission and there came Wood's Despatch in 1854.This reflected many modern trends of education.A new educational policy also was formulated based on Wood's Despatch on all India level.This doesn't insisted English education.

As you told if all local medium schools are converted into English medium our culture itself will change.The cultural invasion is a great danger.We have to stick with our own culture and traditions.

Visit my blogs:

You might have witnessed the situation in Beijing when last Olympics took place there.They required English speakers to know the needs of their guests, the athlets of different countries.

Actually the venue of Olympics was decided years ago.Still they didn't train the volunteers long ago itself.Why?That is their intelligence.If trained so these people may lose their traditional customs and behaviours.That is cultural invasion.It should not be allowed.So they just trained only what required and that itself in last moments.

Our language have its own specialities.Don't replace it with a foreign one unless essential.

Visit my blogs:

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.